OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1714248955361.png

Rossi Rat

Feb 14, 2016
Drafted the wrong Iowa guy. Should’ve gone with Torrence Taylor - absolute weapon. Unfortunately, would’ve needed too high of a pick for him though. This guy will do.

So many PSU kids drafted I can’t even keep track. But hey, all the Pitt fans keep telling me they’re not an elite program 😂

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
First one I'm a little huh on. Reads like a 4-3 DE. Very bendy for his size though.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
Not going to lie. I was a bit disappointed when Watts transferred from OSU. Definitely had upside when he left. Haven't followed him since.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Seems like the corner they took projects as more of a safety. Anyway that’s that for the draft unless they trade back in. Overall looks good to me. Feels like they did a good job filling some needs without sacrificing value. Not sure it’ll be a star studded class but I feel like it’ll produce a couple solid contributors.

Still some work to be done at WR and the secondary though.

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Feels like there's a real emphasis on athleticism with their last few picks. Grab freaky guys and try to make them work.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Seems like the corner they took projects as more of a safety. Anyway that’s that for the draft unless they trade back in. Overall looks good to me. Feels like they did a good job filling some needs without sacrificing value. Not sure it’ll be a star studded class but I feel like it’ll produce a couple solid contributors.

Still some work to be done at WR and the secondary though.

Right now it is a struggle to be calm and measured about the first four picks. I think they went about as close to perfect as you're going to see in an NFL draft.

I think - bearing in mind I'm a profile compiler and no connoisseur of video - that Fautanu is a better tackle today than Jones was last year. I would not be surprised if Fautanu is in fact just a better tackle today, period. He's at least a year older so that kind of tracks but, damn, feels like the guy should at least be solid and might be special.

Frazier, should be solid, might be special. Feels like he's the kind of guy where it's just a very bad idea to let him get his hands on you. Question is how often he'll do that clean given he's not a super athlete and doesn't have the longest arms but he should at least survive.

Wilson one... again, should be solid, might be special. His mentality and speed feel like theyshould make for a better player than he currently is and it's easy to come up with a narrative as to why that didn't happen at Michigan.

Wilson two should be a star ILB if he's fit. He's built in a lab and does everything. Just that question.

The rest of it, we'll see. Big potential guys but way to go with all of them per normal.

And should be solid, might be special, is usually just solid.

But... I've been pretty nonplussed on what the Steelers are doing, and I can't get over how just how nicely the board fell for them and how well they took advantage of it.

edit: And maybe I'm crazy but with Payton Wilson's speed I'm honestly wondering if you can't just use him as a nickel CB from time to time. I mean, if the dude is substantially faster than Mike Hilton with near identical agility testing...

*pause* Another way of putting Wilson's speed is he's basically as fast as Porter despite carrying 40 lbs more muscle. Freeeeeaaaaak.

Last edited:
Reactions: xlm34

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Drafted the wrong Iowa guy. Should’ve gone with Torrence Taylor - absolute weapon. Unfortunately, would’ve needed too high of a pick for him though. This guy will do.

So many PSU kids drafted I can’t even keep track. But hey, all the Pitt fans keep telling me they’re not an elite program 😂
Your world is very small, isn’t it?

Give it a rest. You sound like a broken record.

I guess every forum has to have one or two….

• Haha
Reactions: Ulf5 and Factorial

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Right now it is a struggle to be calm and measured about the first four picks. I think they went about as close to perfect as you're going to see in an NFL draft.

I think - bearing in mind I'm a profile compiler and no connoisseur of video - that Fautanu is a better tackle today than Jones was last year. I would not be surprised if Fautanu is in fact just a better tackle today, period. He's at least a year older so that kind of tracks but, damn, feels like the guy should at least be solid and might be special.

Frazier, should be solid, might be special. Feels like he's the kind of guy where it's just a very bad idea to let him get his hands on you. Question is how often he'll do that clean given he's not a super athlete and doesn't have the longest arms but he should at least survive.

Wilson one... again, should be solid, might be special. His mentality and speed feel like theyshould make for a better player than he currently is and it's easy to come up with a narrative as to why that didn't happen at Michigan.

Wilson two should be a star ILB if he's fit. He's built in a lab and does everything. Just that question.

The rest of it, we'll see. Big potential guys but way to go with all of them per normal.

And should be solid, might be special, is usually just solid.

But... I've been pretty nonplussed on what the Steelers are doing, and I can't get over how just how nicely the board fell for them and how well they took advantage of it.

edit: And maybe I'm crazy but with Payton Wilson's speed I'm honestly wondering if you can't just use him as a nickel CB from time to time. I mean, if the dude is substantially faster than Mike Hilton with near identical agility testing...

*pause* Another way of putting Wilson's speed is he's basically as fast as Porter despite carrying 40 lbs more muscle. Freeeeeaaaaak.

I think we’re all just going off of draft profiles. Pretty sure anyone claiming they’re doing otherwise is probably stretching the truth a bit :laugh:

But yeah it really does seem like Fautanu is a better prospect than Jones given how raw Jones was. And I would say that Payton Wilson is the next best bet at being special although I think it’s equally likely he doesn’t see a second contract. Whereas Frazier and other Wilson may not have that sky high potential but seem to be decent bets at guys who let you forget about their respective spots for a bit.

Overall no real complaints from me. Like last year, it’s one of those drafts where if we saw a mock with how the picks actually turned out, we’d be saying no chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad