OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Muth played against Cleveland. He got hurt against Houston. GP had the most success down the stretch with Mason at Qb

Ah, my bad on Muth.

The point of this where Pickens still posted really good numbers considering his opposition without DJ is absolutely 100% true.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Lot of good options for Steelers already gone it seems

Other teams in liking good players shocker. I think this is around the point where it makes sense to look at who's left and start hoping. Four defensive backs in ESPN's next 10 best available.

I don't trust Tomlin to allow the offense to open up.

I really hope that I am wrong.

But, until I see otherwise that will remain a strong fear.

This is a worry but the offence has been open when he trusts those involved. I'd like to think Arthur Smith commands more trust than Canada; I feel pretty sure Wilson will command more trust from Tomlin than Pickett did.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Ah, my bad on Muth.

The point of this where Pickens still posted really good numbers considering his opposition without DJ is absolutely 100% true.
He did have a 75 yac td on a broken play and a that 41 gw td against bmore that propped number

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Lot of the corners and WRs I was hoping would fall to Steelers didn’t lol…oh well

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
He did have a 75 yac td on a broken play and a that 41 gw td against bmore that propped number

I'm rating this attempt to disagree with everything and never admit you might be wrong as a 4/10. It's a little tempting to bite on because of you trying to dismiss the point by referring to games with similar big plays, but unfortunately that goal post changing made it too obvious that there's no pointing continuing.

Better luck next time.

I can't believe that Tampa is still there.

I wonder why the drop?

4.59 40 yard time. Missed that. That's a "learn to play safety number" for sure.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Steelers picked best player there because all the other good options were gone lol

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Mason McCormick.

Really like it. Doesn't plug an immediate need but does feel like a guy who can take over for Daniels or Seumalo in a year or two with his athleticism. Zierlein is criticising his bend but you know there's something they need to fix getting an athlete at that pick.

Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia
1714237526081.png

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Hmm that’s an interesting pick. He’s a guy they showed interest in pre draft. Definitely not a pick for next year though.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Would prefer they just stay away from this

I think people will rightfully be mad about this, but just reading what the charges are:

After a preliminary hearing, Sutton was released on his own recognizance — meaning without bond — and the charges were reduced to one misdemeanor count of domestic battery. An arraignment is scheduled for that charge on Monday.

I feel like it being reduced to a misdemeanor means it was substantially less bad than what was originally reported.

Still not really interested because he’s going to be suspended for like 3-6 games even if he is signed, but it seems like the actual incident wasn’t nearly as bad as the “3rd degree felony” that it seemed like it was at first.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I think people will rightfully be mad about this, but just reading what the charges are:

I feel like it being reduced to a misdemeanor means it was substantially less bad than what was originally reported.

Still not really interested because he’s going to be suspended for like 3-6 games even if he is signed, but it seems like the actual incident wasn’t nearly as bad as the “3rd degree felony” that it seemed like it was at first.
As a defense lawyer, prosecutors overcharge all the time…this happens many times…still doesn’t mean he didn’t commit DV and shouldn’t be on a NFL roster

Reactions: Jaded-Fan

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
They could have used a sixth and moved up for someone more of a need…I don’t get the thinking…other teams do that all the time lol

Most teams in the NFL are stupid though.

I mean I wouldn't have objected but if this works out, he's a guy who can save them spending a 1st/2nd for a starting guard in a couple of seasons. Who was there going earlier in the 4th who filled a need and offered that sort of upside?

And who was going to fill a need better than an FA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad