OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One other benefit.

Fields and Wilson.

The Steelers have one season to evaluate them. Behind the crappy Offensive Line we had the past few years it makes that evaluation problematic at best.

Najee Harris too for that matter.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'm still really curious to see how they handle the OL to start this year. I know Tomlin has a rule of "no day-1 starters" generally, but Frazier is absolutely going to be a day-1 starter with who else they have on the roster. Does that get expanded to Fautanu as well?

Fautanu is especially interesting if they view Jones as a LT and Fautanu as a RT. I don't think it makes any sense at all to start with Moore at LT and Jones at RT, only to move Jones to LT and play Fautanu at RT once they're ready to start Fautanu. I could see Moore starting at LT and Fautanu eventually replacing him if they're planning on Jones staying permanently on RT, but that would be counter what they've said about Jones in the past. Fautanu also isn't really young and raw like Jones is.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I mean, in two drafts to pull Jones, JPJ, Herbig, Benton, Washington, Fautanu, and Frazier with 2 upcoming 3rds...hard not to be very happy with that.
And yet people are

Great value on both picks!!!!! Now, get a WR and CB. Or trade for a wideout. Get er done!
Would be great to grab a WR and CB with the two 3rds then trade a later pick for Sutton

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I'm still really curious to see how they handle the OL to start this year. I know Tomlin has a rule of "no day-1 starters" generally, but Frazier is absolutely going to be a day-1 starter with who else they have on the roster. Does that get expanded to Fautanu as well?

Fautanu is especially interesting if they view Jones as a LT and Fautanu as a RT. I don't think it makes any sense at all to start with Moore at LT and Jones at RT, only to move Jones to LT and play Fautanu at RT once they're ready to start Fautanu. I could see Moore starting at LT and Fautanu eventually replacing him if they're planning on Jones staying permanently on RT, but that would be counter what they've said about Jones in the past. Fautanu also isn't really young and raw like Jones is.
Unlike when they moved Jones to RT and kept Moore at LT, I think it's fine no matter what direction they go - as long as Fautanu and Jones are starting by Week 3 or 4.

WickedWrister

Jul 25, 2008
Philadelphia

Yeah as you mentioned, Fautanu is more experienced than Broderick was coming out. Something like 31 starts vs 15.

I think he'll be given every opportunity to start week 1 if he plays well in camp.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Unlike when they moved Jones to RT and kept Moore at LT, I think it's fine no matter what direction they go - as long as Fautanu and Jones are starting by Week 3 or 4.

I just don't want to have to move Jones from RT to LT if he has been spending the entire season so far at RT. I don't mind if they start Moore at LT and Jones at RT, and eventually Fautanu replaces Moore at LT. I just think it would be much more beneficial to Jones to only have to play 1 position next year, rather than start at RT and then move to LT once Moore loses his job.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Yeah as you mentioned, Fautanu is more experienced than Broderick was coming out. Something like 31 starts vs 15.

I think he'll be given every opportunity to start week 1 if he plays well in camp.
I feel confident both of these guys are day 1 starters.

Still need to get a quality WR ANd CB.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

Ulf5

Feb 21, 2017
Going to be crappy CBs left by the time our picks roll around....probably another run shortly.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
In addition to the obvious WR and CB needs, they really could use another ILB and another DL. Plenty of directions to go without reaching.
I was just talking about this with my friend while watching the draft. ILB looks to be in play imo. CB's are drying up. Wouldn't surprise me if they wait and get Devonshire in later rounds and re-sign Patrick Peterson to cover that in the short term.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
I was just talking about this with my friend while watching the draft. ILB looks to be in play imo. CB's are drying up. Wouldn't surprise me if they wait and get Devonshire in later rounds and re-sign Patrick Peterson to cover that in the short term.
Not even sure who the backup ILB's would be at this point, so I very much expect them to go in that direction. Be nice if Holcomb could come back but that seems unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad