OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I'd be blowing up the 49ers phones about Samuel at this point after that Pearsall pick. Not a chance in hell they're taking a WR at #31 without trading one of Aiyuk or Samuel.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I’m even more convinced that Frazier will be there at 51.

As I showed in my analysis from a few days ago. Teams just don’t take Centers early.
Not interested in picking a center until round 3 at the earliest…they desperately need a WR who can start day one…hopefully they use a third round pick and move up in the second

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I’m even more convinced that Frazier will be there at 51.

As I showed in my analysis from a few days ago. Teams just don’t take Centers early.
Yup.

The run on receivers will push others down to 51. A center should be there.

Yes, the Steelers need a receiver. But solidifying the line for the next decade plus is the smart move.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
I'd use our 1st next year to get back in. MId-1st round talent left.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
Someone is going to get an absolute steal with Dejean. Can’t believe he’s not a first round pick.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Powers-Johnson and Frazier are still out there. Good chance one makes it to us. Then get a WR and CB in the 3rd, spend the rest on size/speed developmental guys.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The Steelers absolutely shouldn't trade their next year's 1st rounder until such time as they've got a franchise QB again. The potential to shoot themselves in the foot is colossal.

I'm against it in general. We could maybe get back in to get DeJean, a guy who'd have been okay value at 20... or we could wait and, assuming they pick at 20 again, they could maybe get a guy like Fautanu who was great value. Doesn't seem a hard one.

But more specifically, that 1st pretty much always has to be there in case it's needed for a QB.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I'd be blowing up the 49ers phones about Samuel at this point after that Pearsall pick. Not a chance in hell they're taking a WR at #31 without trading one of Aiyuk or Samuel.

I think it's pretty credible the 49ers plan to run all three for this season and address trade talk next season. They're in a massive win now situation, any offer for Aiyuk or Samuel has to make it worth harming that.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Having a third round WR start day one is not exactly an unusual ask at this point. You'd maybe like something a tad more reliable, but this is meant to be a super deep draft there, no?

I'm still hoping for Center. Teams says they want to run and bully, let's actually put the tools in place and see what can be done.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
That's how you get Kendrick Green. Frazier and JPJ are year one starters. This class is deep enough at WR we can get one in the 3rd
No, there are a couple good third round centers too, maybe 4th, who have experience at center…Green was too light and switched positions…hopefully the Steelers aren’t that dumb again

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
There’s always been 5 c in the top 140

I still hope the money they opened with highsmith goes to howard and Simmons bud and Allen

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Having a third round WR start day one is not exactly an unusual ask at this point. You'd maybe like something a tad more reliable, but this is meant to be a super deep draft there, no?

I'm still hoping for Center. Teams says they want to run and bully, let's actually put the tools in place and see what can be done.
The WRs I see projected for round three are mostly slot receivers and a few projects…no one who could come in for a large role on a team the first year…would be a mistake to wait imo…

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
No, there are a couple good third round centers too, maybe 4th, who have experience at center…Green was too light and switched positions…hopefully the Steelers aren’t that dumb again

Not much though. Per this, SVP and Frazier are pretty much the only C prospects in the draft who could start quickly with over 1000 snaps at C. Most of those guys are pretty raw, which makes them starting swiftly that much more of a projection.

Last edited:

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
The WRs I see projected for round three are mostly slot receivers and a few projects…no one who could come in for a large role on a team the first year…would be a mistake to wait imo…

*shrugs* I'll take that risk over hoping an incredibly run heavy approach can get DL moving with raw prospects.

Particularly since there's more names floating around as ways to solve the WR problem in trade than there are for C.

Reactions: wheelz87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad