OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Shaftception

Apr 6, 2011
I'm not gonna pretend I'm upset, building the line is important, but this'll be an interesting what if years down the line with the supposed corner talent available at the pick, but oh well hope for the best with building the line.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Wonder what the plan is. There's people talking up versatility to play all 5 positions, but he's mainly been a LT, no?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The interesting thing to me with Fautanu is that he actually seems to fit the bill of a LT a bit more than RT, so that makes me wonder if Jones would be moved to RT with the pick. But regardless, no complaints about using back to back 1sts on tackles. This team is going to be set up great with Jones and Fautanu going forward.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Also apparently there was buzz about his knees being an issue a couple of days ago.

Still. Great value by most boards and analysts I've seen, no argument there.

Except they just said he’ll have to move inside and he’ll be 24 in October

The move inside thing is unsure. He's unusually short to stick at tackle, but he's got the arms. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a tackle. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a center. It wouldn't surprise me if he's a guard long term either. Lot of choice projected.

Makes sense the Steelers would have him with how much Tomlin loves versatile OL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad