OT: The Pittsburgher Thread: New Quarter Backs for the Handball team!

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
When Dawand Jones went where he did I thought that was an absolute steal! I think Mims though has less character issues and higher upside.
Mims has had injury issues though…see DW’s knees lol…I don’t think drafting him at 20 is the way to go…they should be able to get the #3 CB, #4 WR, maybe even #1 DL prospect…if any of the top 4 OTs fall, take one of them too…otherwise, move down from 20 if you want Mims, or Barton..

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Mims has had injury issues though…see DW’s knees lol…I don’t think drafting him at 20 is the way to go…they should be able to get the #3 CB, #4 WR, maybe even #1 DL prospect…if any of the top 4 OTs fall, take one of them too…otherwise, move down from 20 if you want Mims, or Barton..
I don't want Wiggins or Guyton at 20 period!

IF we trade down for Barton or Dejean I'd be ok with that but prefer we stick at 20.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Why don’t you like Wiggins?
I don't like him at 20, if we were picking late 20's maybe, but he's better in zone than M2M. I just don't think he fits.

Mitchell is the dream, Arnold would be good, I like Dejean a lot but with his injuries I'd prefer we trade down slightly to get him. Not a Wiggins fan. Guyton either, no no no no no!

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
I don't like him at 20, if we were picking late 20's maybe, but he's better in zone than M2M. I just don't think he fits.

Mitchell is the dream, Arnold would be good, I like Dejean a lot but with his injuries I'd prefer we trade down slightly to get him. Not a Wiggins fan. Guyton either, no no no no no!
There a real good chance he does 22 to Philly he doesn’t tackle but is a m2m cb like jpj. Koolaid is an option.
Dejean would have to be hamelton to take at 20 not a more athletic branch

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
There a real good chance he does 22 to Philly he doesn’t tackle but is a m2m cb like jpj. Koolaid is an option.
Dejean would have to be hamelton to take at 20 not a more athletic branch
We can agree to disagree on Wiggins, I just don't want him at 20. Wouldn't take Lemonade either. they should be along with Guyton 24-32.

Mitchell who I love but who likely won't be there, Arnold, Barton or Dejean I'd be good with but I'm looking at OT. Fuaga and Latham I'd run to the podium! Mims is who I see us ending up with because the top 5 OT's are likely off the board there. If Mims played more and wasn't injured he probably goes in the top 12-15.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
We can agree to disagree on Wiggins, I just don't want him at 20. Wouldn't take Lemonade either. they should be along with Guyton 24-32.

Mitchell who I love but who likely won't be there, Arnold, Barton or Dejean I'd be good with but I'm looking at OT. Fuaga and Latham I'd run to the podium! Mims is who I see us ending up with because the top 5 OT's are likely off the board there. If Mims played more and wasn't injured he probably goes in the top 12-15.
Do you have funga as a c cause his arms are short for OT. Mims needs a redshirt year I would put him him Guyton koolaid and Barton as trade down candidates

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Do you have funga as a c cause his arms are short for OT. Mims needs a redshirt year I would put him him Guyton koolaid and Barton as trade down candidates
I have Fuaga at RT. I'm not so sure MIMS needs a redshirt year but I doubt he starts as RT day one. Prefer Barton to Koolaid or Guyton and feel confident in Barton coming right in and playing Center if we select him. Very likely plug and play regarding Barton. Fuaga and Latham would likely be plug and play as well at RT.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I will put it simply.

At 20 there is no bad way the draft can play out. Only a bad way of playing the cards dealt.

If there is a run on tackles, then someone else will fall, and given the needs of the Steelers it will be someone at a position of need.

Just take the gift.

The question is whether you trust Khan and Weidl to take the gift or to reach.

I trust them. Either to take the draft as it falls, or to trade down, or up, if the opportunity lies in that direction.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
If Aiyuk is actually getting traded, I wonder if #20 and #52 for Aiyuk and #31 would work for SF. That's roughly the value of #28 to SF for Aiyuk (or #52 and #65 for Aiyuk), so it seems reasonable in value.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
If Aiyuk is actually getting traded, I wonder if #20 and #52 for Aiyuk and #31 would work for SF. That's roughly the value of #28 to SF for Aiyuk (or #52 and #65 for Aiyuk), so it seems reasonable in value.
We pick 51st, and I'd do 20+98 for 31. We'd have to open up tons of money so we need to keep 51. If the price is too steep just keep the picks and hopefully select the right players.

Last edited:

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Anything more than 2025 2nd and ca3 is sn over payment

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Brandon Aiyuk is a top 10 for yards WR - and had less targets than anyone else in the top 10 - but he's not worth more than a 2025 2nd?

Say what now?
I agree, however with the amount of cap he'll eat up, not to mention the draft capital it would require, I'm not keen on giving up a ton. We got a lot of holes to fill, and while bringing him here fortfies WR in a big way, there'll be an area very likely left exposed. Particularly if it's say 20+84 for 31st +Ayuk + mega salary. Probably couldn't aptly fill OT in that case. Not suggesting I wouldn't think about it however.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
I agree, however with the amount of cap he'll eat up, not to mention the draft capital it would require, I'm not keen on giving up a ton. We got a lot of holes to fill, and while bringing him here fortfies WR in a big way, there'll be an area very likely left exposed. Particularly if it's say 20+84 for 31st +Ayuk + mega salary. Probably couldn't aptly fill OT in that case. Not suggesting I wouldn't think about it however.

Agreed. It hasn't made sense to me from the start.

In fact I'm mildly skeptical about just how real the Steelers' pursuit was and how much of it was a good PR story for "we're ambitious!". One beat reporter made it sound like the Steelers picked up the phone, were told no, and that was that.

In other news, I think I'd really like Luke McCaffrey. Seems like his lack of experience could result in bargain value for his athletic traits and his knowledge of the position is ascending quickly.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Agreed. It hasn't made sense to me from the start.

In fact I'm mildly skeptical about just how real the Steelers' pursuit was and how much of it was a good PR story for "we're ambitious!". One beat reporter made it sound like the Steelers picked up the phone, were told no, and that was that.

In other news, I think I'd really like Luke McCaffrey. Seems like his lack of experience could result in bargain value for his athletic traits and his knowledge of the position is ascending quickly.
McCaffery intrigues me as well, but if we get him that likely means CA3 is a bust.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
CA3 is a bust. He’s not gonna magically become Tyreek Hill.
I never expected him to be. But as a third WR I thought he had a chance to be a good deep threat. OUR OC scenario last year was in disarray. And considering both Wilson and Fields can throw the deep ball I thought that would afford Austin an opportunity.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019
Brandon Aiyuk is a top 10 for yards WR - and had less targets than anyone else in the top 10 - but he's not worth more than a 2025 2nd?

Say what now?
Because you have to have him 25 to 35 million aav. It’s not much different than sneed getting a 3rd. Once Aiyuk walks they will get a 3rd round comp pick at best in 2026

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
McCaffery intrigues me as well, but if we get him that likely means CA3 is a bust.

There's space on the roster for both imo.

Because you have to have him 25 to 35 million aav. It’s not much different than sneed getting a 3rd. Once Aiyuk walks they will get a 3rd round comp pick at best in 2026

A more accurate comparison are the WRs getting 25 to 30m. 3 of those 5 guys were recently traded for a 1st.

Although since we're bringing up Sneed, what's stopping the 49ers from simply franchise tagging and trading Aiyuk to get the trade value next year?

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
They just signed a couple depth receivers though. Van Jefferson and Quez Watkins. They have GP, They'll either draft one in the 2hd or 3rd round or make a trade for one. That seems rather crowded to me. I'm not against McCaffery at all, but it seemingly would only make sense if you're moving on from CA3.

bigdaddyk88

Apr 21, 2019

A more accurate comparison are the WRs getting 25 to 30m. 3 of those 5 guys were recently traded for a 1st.

Although since we're bringing up Sneed, what's stopping the 49ers from simply franchise tagging and trading Aiyuk to get the trade value next year?
The salary cap crunch they are facing especially since debo is entering his contract year next season and already making 25 million a year purdy is getting paid soon. They are 24 million over the cap with. 38 players signed

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The salary cap crunch they are facing especially since debo is entering his contract year next season and already making 25 million a year purdy is getting paid soon. They are 24 million over the cap with. 38 players signed

The NFL salary cap is fake. Teams can just make up new contracts and magically erase bad contracts without a problem.

Reactions: Ulf5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad