OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: The Sixers Use Harden - It Was Super Effective!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
True story: seconds after tweets that the trade went through I bought tickets tonight for me and my brother anticipating Harden's debut, knowing it was a toss up. We figured we either get to see the debut or we see Embiid. Win win.

With the latest news we're obviously missing Harden. Solution: bought tickets for the 3/2 game vs the Knicks - first game in Philly post all star break.

Ezpz

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
True story: seconds after tweets that the trade went through I bought tickets tonight for me and my brother anticipating Harden's debut, knowing it was a toss up. We figured we either get to see the debut or we see Embiid. Win win.

With the latest news we're obviously missing it. Solution: bought tickets for the 3/2 game vs the Knicks - first game in Philly post all star break.

Ezpz
Hopefully you got in before the price bump.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Hopefully you got in before the price bump.
We got the tix last night so prob not, but they were only $50 apiece which isn't that bad. A worthwhile splurge

The Nets game is so expensive. Not that Ben will play, but we were just curious how expensive they were. Cheapest ticket was 145. There's going to be loads of disappointed people lol

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Morey saying that he wanted to make it a three team deal originally (meaning the Houston-Brooklyn deal) but it didn't happen.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Marcus Hayes asked an Andrew Bynum question. He's the worst major sportswriter in Philadelphia history, right?

(Conlin doesn't count for obvious reasons.)
my-man-my-man-denzel.gif

TheWolfOfBroadStreet

Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Marcus Hayes asked an Andrew Bynum question. He's the worst major sportswriter in Philadelphia history, right?

(Conlin doesn't count for obvious reasons.)
that question was so bad. "you signed bynum, it didnt work. you had hinkie rebuild, it didnt work, you had jimmy and joel, it didnt work - why will this be different"

umm...james harden > any of the other players the sixers have had next to Joel. I thought Paul Milsap had a hilarious opening remark to, poor guy was basically just a prop up there.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Saw some of ben's interview, looked like he was scripted and very unbelievable. Harden came across as very knowledgeable

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Saw some of ben's interview, looked like he was scripted and very unbelievable. Harden came across as very knowledgeable

Yeah, thought Harden handled himself well. Obviously you knew people would ask questions that he wouldn't really answer but he did a good job.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Marcus Hayes has been the singles biggest jackass in Philly sports media for decades. I remember my dad screaming at the tv when he was on Daily News Live spewing his nonsense.
For some reason NPR interviews him which is a huge stain on their reputation. They usually interview knowledgeable people but NPR is not exactly the place to listen to sports commentary anyway.

Reactions: Rebels57

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Who asked this dumb question and then proceeded to interrupt their own question?

Anyway: love Harden replying with a Stone Cold hell yea

Reactions: Ironmanrulez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad