OT: The Philadelphia Seventy Sixers: Maxeymum Effort (22/23 Regular Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
at least PJ Tucker's only the vet minimum for this year.

"sorry, I'm getting word from the truck... No shit. 3 years/$33m? At age 37? ooooooohhhh kay."

• Wow
Reactions: Jack Straw

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
He just needs more time....to steal money

Bricken for Chicken...lolz....this ought to be good when Ben is in town..

....the Sixers are debuting a new partnership this season with Chick-fil-A called “Bricken for Chicken” that will be based around the same system — missed free throws equal free goodies for fans. Here’s how it works:

• If an opposing player misses two consecutive free throws in the second half, fans get a free 5-count Chick-fil-A Nuggets.
  • If it happens a second time, fans get a free 8-count Chick-fil-A Nuggets.
  • If it happens a third time, the price grows to a free 12-count Chick-fil-A Nuggets.

How do Sixers fans claim their free Chick-fil-A nuggets?

Sixers fans will have to download the Chick-fil-A app, where the offer can be claimed following the game, if you live in the Greater Philadelphia area. The free nuggets will be available until 10:30 a.m. the next morning.

Once the offer is claimed, fans can redeem it by scanning the app or using it to place a mobile order within three days of the game.

The “Bricken for Chicken” era begins Thursday night, when the Sixers face Giannis Antetokounmpo and the Milwaukee Bucks in their home opener in South Philly. Tipoff is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., and the game will air on TNT.

I want furkan to play for one reason

I want 6 hack a simmons fouls

Reactions: Embiid

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
These guys are not instilling confidence. They have no idea how to handle the final shot. Ever. They don't ever take even DECENT shots. It's all just...anarchy.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
For some reason I care so little about this team at the moment. I barely peeked and the opener and have no anger at them for being morons tonight.

Feels nice.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Good points by Barkley et al..

Offensive scheme has rendered Maxey and Harris useless....and yeah Harden at PG makes more sense at this point...too many players being spectators out there. Team is so slow.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Team is a work in progress and it's early but if Rivers can't figure out how to get these guys to complement each other by game 10....I hope he gets canned.

On a separate note..looks like Amy lost some weight. Looks better...

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Team is a work in progress and it's early but if Rivers can't figure out how to get these guys to complement each other by game 10....I hope he gets canned.

On a separate note..looks like Amy lost some weight. Looks better...
Thought that's what they worked on all preseason. They look worse than last year so far and House looked bad.

Reactions: Embiid

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Man, watching it on tape, Embiid was awful on Tuesday, but he stunk on ice tonight. Just so sloppy, poor decision making. What happened to Embiid's passing pre-Harden last season? It's like he simply forgot how to pass inside-out, feeling the double. He's not aggressive enough to draw fouls either. His movement in general felt uninspired. No reason to worry, but he needs to do better.

Meanwhile, Harden was lights out with the ball. His willingness to shoot mid-range jumpers over layups is a new wrinkle, and it's been crazy efficient. I'll say it again: he's got his burst. He's the reason that was a game.

I know Doc hates his "Paul Reed Victory Tour" but I thought he defended Giannis tight in his minutes. What does Doc do? Goes to Harrell for 3 minutes of defensive mincemeat in the 2nd half. That comeback was with Tucker at the 5, but I just question his logic.

Melton gave some downhill punch. They've left something to be desired as a defensive unit as a whole. I feel crazy saying this, but maybe Shake can get some minutes? Their distance shooting has been hot garbage. Hell, even give Matisse a run to see if he can go on one of his momentum stop-a-paloozas. Just something. The rotation is off.

Last edited:

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
How is this for shit guard play:

Westbrick 0 for 11
Beverley 1 for 7
Nunn 0 for 7

Great performances on their home opener.

😄

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad