Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
giphy.webp

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Frankly not a fan of him or Ben...

He's not in charge until he can get the Sixers to a championship....

Dude coddled Ben with the media until he let the truth slip that Ben was a bum so he bears culpability regardless of his damage control...
Anyone that clowns Howard Eskin is ok in my book.

Although I prefer Howard if he would drop his allegiance to the Eagles to what's on the radio these days.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Anyone that clowns Howard Eskin is ok in my book.

Although I prefer Howard if he would drop his allegiance to the Eagles to what's on the radio these days.
Well yeah that part not going to argue against bc Eskin is a huge turd....but still. After Ben is gone...my rad-IRE and scrutiny will be on Doc mostly going forward....he has really grated me since the playoff debacle. His coaching was pretty bad...

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
To be fair to Doc, he didn't lobby for Simmons, he was stuck with him.
At this point, I'd just suspend his butt, let him stew and see what I've got on this team.
It's too late to trade him and free up his cap hit for this season, and those fantasies of adding another superstar are just that.

When they finally move him, get some young talent, draft picks, and expiring contracts, but don't take an over-30 egomaniac who's going downhill but can't admit it with a huge salary that will block other moves the next 2-3 years.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Maxey is the future

Simmons is garbage. He turned the one good team this city has into a soap opera. Gtfo. And of course they'll trade him for peanuts, not because it's fair value but because they have to. Cool cool. Sports. Yay

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Ben is an entitled 25 yr old brat who has been told how terrific his is all his life, and has millions in guaranteed money. Refusing to meet with management is one thing, but dissing teammates who wanted to fly to meet with him is a whole another f up.

At some point he needs to think about what he needs to do to make himself more attractive to another team. Not meeting with teammates doesnt help him at all.

At this point, the Sixers should ask his agent to find interested teams, and see what they are willing to give. Rich Paul is a big time agent, with lots of clout. It will come down to whether he wants to make his money or not.

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
I think it’s a shame Ben is such a stubborn brat but in a weird way I kind of respect and appreciate that he wants a clean break.

he’s basically saying “you know I’m not going to change, I know I’m not going to change, if I come back you’re going to resent me and boo me, I’m going to resent you, we’ll lose in the 2nd round again, so what’s the point?”

there’s no real mystery. He wants to be somewhere with less pressure and expectations. Hence why he would he be perfect in a Minnesota or Sacramento. Making the playoffs would make him a hero.

we know deep down we’ve reached out ceiling with Ben being who he is. So maybe it really is time to rip the band aid off. It’s painful but it’ll be more painful running it back and expecting different results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia