Recalled/Assigned: The #Pens have recalled defensemen Cameron Gaunce and Steve Oleksy from the @WBSPengu

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Probably. But it's also worth remembering that DP dropped an absolute bomb of a game the last time he got in there against the Jackets. I'm not looking it up, but it felt like he was responsible for 5 goals or so

It's also worth noting that DP has been playing very well in WBS for the last 6-10 games. It's OK for him to continue to build on that there. He's playing in just about all situations there.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
It's also worth noting that DP has been playing very well in WBS for the last 6-10 games. It's OK for him to continue to build on that there. He's playing in just about all situations there.

So are Ruhwedel and Gaunce.

Doogle

Jun 8, 2010
I think it's safe to say that Pouliot is a bust. He has shown basically zero improvement in five years since being drafted. He doesn't seem to work too hard at his craft, and it shows on the ice. If anything, I think he's gotten worse. It's not even defensive positioning or awareness that's the biggest issue (although that's a really big issue as well), it's the lack of fundamentals. He's constantly being caught flat footed, he has no anticipation for where the play is going, he doesn't play within the confines of the play (he seemingly is out of position perpetually even when we have the puck), and when handling the puck he frequently misplays it. I can't really say anything good about his game except that he's pretty decent at sneaking pucks in from the point and getting them on net, but he's not so good at that, that it makes up for all of his glaring flaws.

He needs a change of scenery, desperately. Maybe somebody else gets something out of him. But between Byslma, Johnston (who was his AHL coach), and Sullivan, none of them have been able to trust or develop him. I simply don't think he's smart or committed enough to ever truly succeed in the NHL.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think it's safe to say that Pouliot is a bust. He has shown basically zero improvement in five years since being drafted. He doesn't seem to work too hard at his craft, and it shows on the ice. If anything, I think he's gotten worse. It's not even defensive positioning or awareness that's the biggest issue (although that's a really big issue as well), it's the lack of fundamentals. He's constantly being caught flat footed, he has no anticipation for where the play is going, he doesn't play within the confines of the play (he seemingly is out of position perpetually even when we have the puck), and when handling the puck he frequently misplays it. I can't really say anything good about his game except that he's pretty decent at sneaking pucks in from the point and getting them on net, but he's not so good at that, that it makes up for all of his glaring flaws.

He needs a change of scenery, desperately. Maybe somebody else gets something out of him. But between Byslma, Johnston (who was his AHL coach), and Sullivan, none of them have been able to trust or develop him. I simply don't think he's smart or committed enough to ever truly succeed in the NHL.

Honest question, have you watched him at all in WBS? I also think about half of your analysis is off, but I'm just curious.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
WB plays a couple more games here this weekend he can get some action in.
I hope they bring him back up as an option to have when we play the less physical/speedier teams. ala CAR Tuesday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad