Recalled/Assigned: The #Pens have recalled defensemen Cameron Gaunce and Steve Oleksy from the @WBSPengu

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
I forgot Ruhwedel was still up. Not surprised they didn't call up Pouliot. Unless he is really ready, I wouldn't call him back up. He's been yo-yoing up and down and hasn't played all that well in his time here this year.

Al Smith

Apr 28, 2012
Pouliot has to be pissed

Maybe he's still having nightmares about how god-awful he was the last time the Pens played in Columbus.

My guess is that in calling up 2, they don't expect Schultz back anytime soon.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I forgot Ruhwedel was still up. Not surprised they didn't call up Pouliot. Unless he is really ready, I wouldn't call him back up. He's been yo-yoing up and down and hasn't played all that well in his time here this year.

From the Post Game:

Pouliot has no one to blame this year but himself. He has a right to be pissed last year that he was playing pretty well then got benched for Schultz for the rest of the year, but this year, it's all on him. He should be dominating the AHL and he's not. He's been worse than the other call ups in his time with the Pens this year.

Yup. I didn't even bat an eye when I saw he missed the call. Frankly he hasn't even outgrown the AHL level, yet.

It's in his best interests to find some consistency, anyway. And part of that isn't getting shuttled back and forth from the AHL to the NHL with little playing time, results and the ensuing confidence at the latter stage. Let's face it... he's looked largely dismal at the highest level. And that does him or the team no good.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Ew. The defense combos are gonna suck tonite. Hopefully schultz is fine for the next game.

Giskard

Jun 20, 2008
Alps
I like what I saw from Guance and Ruhwedel in the previous games, but after that is another step down to the Oleksy's like.
Let's hope that Schultz is not out for long too.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Gaunce played very well during his last call up, he can fill in for a few games. Hopefully Schultz is not out for too long. That would not only hurt but pretty much rush JR into making a move IMO

Mattpilf

Jun 28, 2016
Pouliot is a bad fit against a CBJ team that's going to try and throw more hits off camera than on camera and run into Murray... 5+ times tonight.

He might get some time, but I can see why he's not getting any right now.

Also they might do Cole-Ruhwedel and Gaunce-Daley. Being an away game would be harder to shelter them and they can't just play these defensemen 25 minutes again. They've spread the defense around before when we had injuries, and I think mostly on away games.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
A damning assessment of of Pouliot, it seems.

Probably. But it's also worth remembering that DP dropped an absolute bomb of a game the last time he got in there against the Jackets. I'm not looking it up, but it felt like he was responsible for 5 goals or so

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Probably. But it's also worth remembering that DP dropped an absolute bomb of a game the last time he got in there against the Jackets. I'm not looking it up, but it felt like he was responsible for 5 goals or so

Yeah he got outraced by Hartnell if I remember correctly and was just brutal all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad