The Panarin / Kucherov Exchange

Sergei DRW

Nov 17, 2010
Best friends "savage moment" and quite funny. Move on, people.
DAXq0ppXgAAZTZd.jpg

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011

Is this this most uncomfortable moment in a series ending handshake in recent memory?

Panarin being an idiot. Kucherov being a sore loser. Grrrreat!

Panarin seriously should have toned it down and understand the guys on the other side are dealing with the worst defeat of their careers maybe. I wonder how he takes it if somebody comes at him like that when he is on the other side. And it happens to all of them.

Kucherov has an issue with his emotions as evidenced by the incident that lead to the suspension and his post game reactions after the sweep.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I dont really agree with this.

Bread's "handshake" looks almost like a high five while Kuch has less than nothing to celebrate for. On the contrary even..

I like what Panarin does on the ice sometimes, but I have always said that his emotional intelligence is (very) low.

Emotional intelligence? In the NHL?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This reminds me if Lucic when he couldn't handle losing TK the habs.... Minus the death threats.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
If Kucherov would've met that hand shake with the same enthusiasm as Panarin... then he would have been roasted for not caring. I like his response.

His response was ok... defeated, humiliated.. he wasn't happy. This was not a 7 game hard fought series, where being proud of your efforts, despite the loss is a possibility.

If I'm building a team for the playoffs... I'd rather have the guy who isn't happy in this moment then the player whose already moved on and is laughing in the lineup.

Reactions: Juippi

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Just to please you?
To avoid hurting his team?

One of Kucherov's best assets (maybe the best one) is his drive and competitiveness, but there's a fine line. I don't think the outcome is different if Kucherov is in there for game 3, but who knows? Kucherov is no better than Adam Erne if he's not on the ice. He can't let his fire take him over the edge.

Reactions: fivesberg

Schred

Sep 6, 2017
Panarin gets a pass because they're buddies. It was pretty funny but also bad form. Should save the joking around for a different time. Tradition of the handshake is to show respect for your opponents. Not rub it in.

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
To avoid hurting his team?

One of Kucherov's best assets (maybe the best one) is his drive and competitiveness, but there's a fine line. I don't think the outcome is different if Kucherov is in there for game 3, but who knows? Kucherov is no better than Adam Erne if he's not on the ice. He can't let his fire take him over the edge.
He doesn't owe anything to anybody, except playing hockey. He will not be permanently suspended and his presence in Game 3 would not make a difference.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
He doesn't owe anything to anybody, except playing hockey. He will not be permanently suspended and his presence in Game 3 would not make a difference.
Interesting take. I never said he would be permanently suspended, but he's on the radar now. Kucherov has had several borderline/suspect incidents that he's not gonna get the benefit of the doubt on anymore.

He's gotta control his temper. Never said he owed anyone anything.

Seems like you're just being super defensive of my criticism of a Russian player. Probably need to chill out a bit there, friend.

Reactions: fivesberg

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Interesting take. I never said he would be permanently suspended, but he's on the radar now. Kucherov has had several borderline/suspect incidents that he's not gonna get the benefit of the doubt on anymore.

He's gotta control his temper. Never said he owed anyone anything.

Seems like you're just being super defensive of my criticism of a Russian player. Probably need to chill out a bit there, friend.
A swing and a miss. I am not defending Kucherov because he is Russian. I am defending him because I like when players actually speak their mind. Like I said, my ideal response from Kucherov would be "You are not my teacher, so why are you asking me if I learned my lesson? Piss off!"

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL

@Braunbaer @Dr Jan Itor @illpucks @Archijerej @ncm7772
This was after the Blues just beat Panarin's team in the first round of the playoffs. Maybe he's not smiling as big, but he's every bit as enthusiastic with his good friend Tarasenko after the Blues shocking series win in 2016. So to all you acting like Parnarin is being classless here with Kuch, he would have been the same had his friends team (Tampa) won the series. He's a good guy, a good friend, & all class, wish the Blues could entice him to St. Louis.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
That's essentially what Panarin was trying to do, but Kucherov was pouting... This is much ado about nothing. They are friends. We also have no idea what was said between them.
This thank you! Panarin would have done the same thing if his team were on the losing end, except he's probably not smiling as big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad