The Other Sports Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Continued from the last one that is now closed: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=2125761

1nennx.gif

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
So, is it time for the Jays to say screw it and just sell everything to the highest bidder ?

I read that that's one of their options. I don't know what it is with the Jays. They've got a roster that should be better than 2-10. I'm surprised they'd keep going down the big hitter/HR style offense, when the successful teams play shortball, move runners style.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
I read that that's one of their options. I don't know what it is with the Jays. They've got a roster that should be better than 2-10. I'm surprised they'd keep going down the big hitter/HR style offense, when the successful teams play shortball, move runners style.

It will be interesting how things unravel. Blue Jays really became relevant again with fans the last two years, a rebuild which looks needed might be a scary proposition for ownership.

Pitching is good but there hitting is just simply poor. Donaldson is their best hitter and is often injured. People buy into the Rogers hype machine about the offense but its done and over with. Before you had threats of long ball with a bunch of poor bat attempts who might luck out and be on base. Now its poor at bats with one long ball threat.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Blues Jays' Coughlin running home from first is beaten by the throw, but literally dives over the catcher to score the run. The catcher was on his feet bent a bit at the waist. Awesome play! Catch it on your favourite sports recap show!

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Marcus Stroman hits a pinch hit double in the 11th and later scores the winning run. Awful season for the Jays thus far, but that was a fun game to watch.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Blues Jays' Coughlin running home from first is beaten by the throw, but literally dives over the catcher to score the run. The catcher was on his feet bent a bit at the waist. Awesome play! Catch it on your favourite sports recap show!

I caught a gif of it. Holy **** was that incredible! You rarely see a baseball player jump over someone like that. You see it once in awhile in football where a runner just leaps over a tackle but that was insane.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

That jump was legit one of the craziest thing I've ever seen in baseball :laugh: .

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Was watching the game yesterday with a few people not paying attention. They looked at me like I was crazy after I yelled when that flip happened:laugh: Needless to say, they had a similar reaction when they saw the replay.

One of the weirdest game of baseball I've seen but it was a great one. Jays need some support from their big hitters because the only people hitting are Pillar, Carrera, Goins, Smoak and recently Martin (Stro too lol). This sort of win can turn em around though.

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Was watching the game yesterday with a few people not paying attention. They looked at me like I was crazy after I yelled when that flip happened:laugh: Needless to say, they had a similar reaction when they saw the replay.

One of the weirdest game of baseball I've seen but it was a great one. Jays need some support from their big hitters because the only people hitting are Pillar, Carrera, Goins, Smoak and recently Martin (Stro too lol). This sort of win can turn em around though.

It's especially interesting when you note that the catcher could have easily tagged him out on the play, but his survival reflex took over. His head went down, instead of his glove coming up. We'll be seeing this one all year long.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's especially interesting when you note that the catcher could have easily tagged him out on the play, but his survival reflex took over. His head went down, instead of his glove coming up. We'll be seeing this one all year long.

That's Jadier Molina too, possibly the best defensive catcher of his generation. Even a vet like him wanted none of that :laugh: . He was like ' dude,I've got kids at home, I'm ducking'' .

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
In one period of basketball time, the Raptors fritter away a 25 point lead. Bucks with the lead. Horrific...

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
It was 25 for sure. I was watching the game. Bucks took the lead with about 7 minutes left. Raptors went on a 9-0 run and squeaked it out despite some of the worst calls on the floor I've ever seen. Gutsy win.

Edit: When I wrote one period in basketball time, I meant about 12 minutes, shared between the 3rd and 4th.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
It was 25 for sure. I was watching the game. Bucks took the lead with about 7 minutes left. Raptors went on a 9-0 run and squeaked it out despite some of the worst calls on the floor I've ever seen. Gutsy win.

You are right, I am wrong. It was a 25 pt lead at one time. Sorry 'bout that.

(Next time I'll review the whole game, not just part of it.)

groovejuice

Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
You are right, I am wrong. It was a 25 pt lead at one time. Sorry 'bout that.

(Next time I'll review the whole game, not just part of it.)

No problem. I'm always happy with a well intentioned correction. I stopped being a big basketball fan decades ago when the Celtics, Lakers and Sixers were all relevant. With the Habs out, I stretch my wings a bit.

Nice comeback. For more than half of the 4th, the Raptors missed virtually every shot, every rebound and turned the ball over like it was dynamite. I was positive they were done.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
I was watching the Raptors game at a bar with some buddies. I am no Basketball expert but when you sit back on a lead, it seems to be a bad idea, like in Hockey :laugh:

The Raps were up by at least 20+ points when I started watching in the 3rd qt. They were still up by 10ish with 6 mins left in the 4th quarter. Some clutch points at the end by Joseph with a 3 pointer and Derozan's slam dunk. Really good game at the end of it all.

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Kentucky derby is about to start. Never watching this thing before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad