OT: The Other Sports Thread Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Posted this in the previous thread, but with a new one started, here is the confirmation that David Price opts out of the MLB season.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006

I reported rumours of 40M+ yearly compensation for Mahomes back in late Winter, but a TEN year deal at 45M per is more than I expected.

Granted, without knowing all the details of the contract it's difficult to say just what percentage of the Chiefs' cap Mahomes' contract is going to eat up once this extension kicks in.

Nice haul for Mahomes! Congratulations! :nod:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
I reported rumours of 40M+ yearly compensation for Mahomes back in late Winter, but a TEN year deal at 45M per is more than I expected.

Granted, without knowing all the details of the contract it's difficult to say just what percentage of the Chiefs' cap Mahomes' contract is going to eat up once this extension kicks in.

Nice haul for Mahomes! Congratulations! :nod:
Large$t contract in all of Major sports up to date. Just beat out Mike Trout.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

While we wait for NHL camps to start and while things are not looking so good for the MLS, F1 came back last weekend with a very good Austrian Grand Prix, full of action. Part 2 next weekend as they will race on the same circuit for the Styrian GP.

COVID could get to F1 too, but so far so good since the season restart. Teams and staff have been split into many "bubbles", for example each photographer is restricted to a limited number of teams.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Usain Bolt introduces us to his daughter, Olympia Lightning Bolt.

She's adorable. But damn, with that name, she better never finish 2nd or later in any race.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal

Didn't knew that MLB had any actual plans for expansion. The last MLB expansion was done 22 years ago! Was wondering if they had other candidates but according to the article the only potential move at the moment is the one we all know which is Tampa Bay playing part time here in Montreal. The MLB seems to have a list though:
In July 2018, Manfred said on FS1’s First Things First, “Portland, Las Vegas, Charlotte, Nashville in the United States, certainly Montreal, maybe Vancouver, in Canada” could be potential expansion markets. “We think there’s places in Mexico we could go over the long haul.”
Source

Expansion fees are expected to be around 1 billion $USD! Crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad