OT: THE OT Thread: Grass mowing szn is here

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I rewatched Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 last night. After Katniss hitched a ride in the cargo transport to the capital, the movie is incredibly accurate depicting the chaos of war. Leaders die suddenly, you have to convince your subordinates to continue, unexpected death, little food and sleep, casualties, chaos in the civilian scene, hard to tell who’s on what side, etc. All very accurate.

Katniss’ breakdown back at home with the cat was in particular accurate.

Really well done by the movie writers, director, and actors.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I rewatched Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 last night. After Katniss hitched a ride in the cargo transport to the capital, the movie is incredibly accurate depicting the chaos of war. Leaders die suddenly, you have to convince your subordinates to continue, unexpected death, little food and sleep, casualties, chaos in the civilian scene, hard to tell who’s on what side, etc. All very accurate.

Katniss’ breakdown back at home with the cat was in particular accurate.

Really well done by the movie writers, director, and actors.
I guess you'll be in for a treat when you watch Civil War.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

• Nathan Weise (Rochester, N.Y.) collected 16 saves in the win for the Mustangs, also causing a turnover.

Nate was feeling good after his first college win on Saturday.

It was a rough week as he caught a stomach bug that was going around campus and had to miss practice on Tuesday. He didn't feel great, but pushed through practice on Wednesday. And was feeling good by Saturday.

They got outshot 26-21, but Nate stopping 16 shots and the SUNY Poly goalies combining for only 6 saves gave them a comfortable win that was big for their hopes for a regular season conference championship.

Next up, they play SUNY Canton at home on Wednesday. Canton has yet to lose a conference game this season. But, their last 3 games are against the pre-season #1, #2, and #3 teams.

Morrisville are now big SUNY Delhi Broncos fans the rest of the way. If Morrisville and Delhi win out, then Morrisville will be the regular season champs at 7-1 with every other team having at least 2 losses.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I'm going to go see it at some point.

If you don't walk out of a war or wartime movie feeling disturbed with what you saw, and a bit heartbroken, it wasn't realistic enough.
The audio design and seeing it in Imax really brought it up a level.

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
So I’ve been trying to file my income taxes for a couple of months now, and I wasn’t able to. I kept getting a warning that I needed to claim my property sale (I don’t own, nor have ever owned, any property), so I couldn’t file it. Today is the last day for me to be able to file without incurring any penalties.

I re-enter all of the information again, hit send, same message. I verify my SIN is correct (Canadian version of SSN), address, name, everything. Hit send, same message. Check everything in regards to my T4s, T5007, still nothing.

Finally I decide that I’m done with the help wizard that makes it easier and just decide to do everything manually. Still tells me I need to claim my property sale. Ready to launch my laptop across the room, I decide to check everything one more time, going through every single page before I say screw it and just incur a late fee. And then I find the problem.

Because the box for my birthdate was highlighted whenever I’d scroll down, the program took this as me scrolling down in that field. So my bday was off by one f***ing day, causing all of the issues.

f***ing technology and its ID10T errors

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Sigh. Had to rush to get my PA taxes out in the mail because Turbo Tax is carrying over an empty form from 3 years ago when I was a contractor. I checked the website and all the post offices had stopped postmarking mail at 4:30 and my wife needed to sign the tax form. She called me a goody two shoes for making her meet me on the way to the post office rather than just forging her signature and sending it. Anyways, it got post marked at 4:28 only after I was told that the stamps I have had at my desk for 7 years can't send a 1st class envelope anymore.

Reactions: brian_griffin

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
60a49c73-06c8-4731-b77b-5e7112d9e7c0_733x490.jpg

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Spending the kids inheritance because they're pissing me off. Signed a contract for a 5bdr/7ba 6500sf pool villa with a 5m by 8m pool. Now I'm waiting for next week to pick up my Toyota Hilux off road edition with the hydraulic bed cover, that was the princely sum of a bit under 34k for a brand new full size pickup. I also have 2 125cc Honda Clicks coming for the girls as they'll need them to get back and forth to the hospital. Those were relatively cheap at about 2800 for the pair.

The Songkran Thai New Year festivities are prolonging the process as banks and government offices have weird hours so it's sign everything and wait. One good thing is that dollar jumped up against the baht so getting more for my money

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Spending the kids inheritance because they're pissing me off. Signed a contract for a 5bdr/7ba 6500sf pool villa with a 5m by 8m pool. Now I'm waiting for next week to pick up my Toyota Hilux off road edition with the hydraulic bed cover, that was the princely sum of a bit under 34k for a brand new full size pickup. I also have 2 125cc Honda Clicks coming for the girls as they'll need them to get back and forth to the hospital. Those were relatively cheap at about 2800 for the pair.

The Songkran Thai New Year festivities are prolonging the process as banks and government offices have weird hours so it's sign everything and wait. One good thing is that dollar jumped up against the baht so getting more for my money
I bet that palace was a lot cheaper than a similar place here in the states. congrats Chief!

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
I bet that palace was a lot cheaper than a similar place here in the states. congrats Chief!
The developer wanted 22mil a month ago, dropped the price to 19mil and this is fully furnished. We're talking 85" tv in the living room, 65" in the bedrooms, pots, pans, dishes glasses etc so just bring your toothbrush and clothes. So when I first started looking the 19mil would have been 578k, with the dollar surge the all in cost was 534k so my truck and scooters were basically free.

I wanted a smaller villa from a different developer but he wouldn't work with the LTO, only wanted a Thai company. This guy wad fine with the Land Transfer Office so I'll own the house but have a 30yr transferable lease on the land, that can be extended every 30yrs for about $30 out to 90yrs. If I sell it, the lease starts over from day 1 so even though the kids piss me off this will go up in value

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

This is a sweet video of a nasty goal from one of Nate's teammates yesterday.

It wasn't a pretty win, but they get to 4-1 in the conference and just need a little help to secure the #1 seed and get to host the Semis and Finals. I don't think any of the other top 4 teams will want to travel to Maine and all the other SUNY schools will be pulling for SUNY Delhi and/or SUNY Canton to beat Maine Maritime.

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
The developer wanted 22mil a month ago, dropped the price to 19mil and this is fully furnished. We're talking 85" tv in the living room, 65" in the bedrooms, pots, pans, dishes glasses etc so just bring your toothbrush and clothes. So when I first started looking the 19mil would have been 578k, with the dollar surge the all in cost was 534k so my truck and scooters were basically free.

I wanted a smaller villa from a different developer but he wouldn't work with the LTO, only wanted a Thai company. This guy wad fine with the Land Transfer Office so I'll own the house but have a 30yr transferable lease on the land, that can be extended every 30yrs for about $30 out to 90yrs. If I sell it, the lease starts over from day 1 so even though the kids piss me off this will go up in value
congrats. post pics!

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Here's the big brother version, an extra 2000sf with the sauna and huge sofa vice an L shape with tv. Everything else is very similar as same interior decorator, only real difference is an extra 500k for purchase price

hell of a lot of house for 1.3M. gonna have to hire a crew just to maintain it. congrats!

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
hell of a lot of house for 1.3M. gonna have to hire a crew just to maintain it. congrats!
Labor is cheap. The developer has a guy that does the pool and basic maintenance that I'm hiring 3x a week for $9 a day plus food. The girls are looking for a maid to come in a few times a week to clean and do laundry, I also have my mamasans making inquiries. So the maid should be cheap also at $9 plus food.

That why the houses can be built so cheap. General laborers are $10 a day, skilled trades jump up to about twice that.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Labor is cheap. The developer has a guy that does the pool and basic maintenance that I'm hiring 3x a week for $9 a day plus food. The girls are looking for a maid to come in a few times a week to clean and do laundry, I also have my mamasans making inquiries. So the maid should be cheap also at $9 plus food.

That why the houses can be built so cheap. General laborers are $10 a day, skilled trades jump up to about twice that.
Gee, it cost me $2,700 to get a new water heater installed. :thumbd:

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
I
Gee, it cost me $2,700 to get a new water heater installed. :thumbd:
I paid about twice that to have 6 bedrooms painted, the bar top refinished, 4 tvs bought and mounted, and 10 stools reupholstered before opening one of my bars. Labor is cheap, the husband of one of my girls makes about $14 a day working construction on high rises, and trust me OSHA would have conniptions inspecting those job sites

• Wow
Reactions: Ehran

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
I

I paid about twice that to have 6 bedrooms painted, the bar top refinished, 4 tvs bought and mounted, and 10 stools reupholstered before opening one of my bars. Labor is cheap, the husband of one of my girls makes about $14 a day working construction on high rises, and trust me OSHA would have conniptions inspecting those job sites

Sounds like a bunch of jobs I’ve worked. Both from what I had to do and because other people are idiots (like people ignoring the red danger tape and walking under spots where I’m installing 500 pound panes of glass just because it’s quicker to the break room).

There was one job where I literally had to kick the CEO of a company off of the job site because he ignored the red tape. It’s there for a reason.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Sounds like a bunch of jobs I’ve worked. Both from what I had to do and because other people are idiots (like people ignoring the red danger tape and walking under spots where I’m installing 500 pound panes of glass just because it’s quicker to the break room).

There was one job where I literally had to kick the CEO of a company off of the job site because he ignored the red tape. It’s there for a reason.
How about barefoot on bamboo scaffolding?

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

20230317_025208.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad