The Opposite of Streaking

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Adrian Kempe, 0 goals in the last 19 games.
Tyler Toffoli, 5 goals in the last 30 games.
Alex Iafallo, 3 goals in the last 19 games.
Tanner Pearson, 6 goals in the last 30 games.
Dustin Brown, 6 goals in the last 31 games.
Drew Doughty, 2 goals in the last 33 games.
Alec Martinez, 3 goals in the last 34 games.
Jake Muzzin, 3 goals in the last 40 games.

Meanwhile, Kopitar has scored 10 goals over the last 21 games.

The sources of offense beyond Kopitar have dried up, and this team is largely depending on his performance. Jeff Carter has netted 6 goals in 11 games since returning to the lineup, but beyond that, this team needs some much needed and consistent scoring.

Maybe Kyle Clifford and Tobias Rieder can pick up the slack?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Since the mid-way point of the season, the Kings are 15-16-1.

They haven't had a winning streak since the end of February and the first of March, when they defeated Vegas in back-to-back nights and beat Columbus.

In the seven games since, they have alternated between losses and wins, so if they follow this pattern, they will win today and lose tomorrow.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com

They haven't had a winning streak since the end of February and the first of March, when they defeated Vegas in back-to-back nights and beat Columbus.

In the seven games since, they have alternated between losses and wins, so if they follow this pattern, they will win today and lose tomorrow.

And they had a horrible January because Kopitar stopped scoring goals and the rest of these guys can't score, except for Carter who obviously wasn't back yet.

I'd be interested in what their record is when Kopitar doesn't score a goal.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I think Carter should be on Kopitar's wing. We were doing okay without Carter centering the second line for nearly the entire season. Getting him back, we should stack up the first line, and let Kempe, Amadio, Michelle center lines 2-4. If we make the playoffs, Stevens can switch Carter back to the 2C for matchup reasons.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

Are we still not sure about the identity of this team?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
21-23-3 when Kopitar does not record a goal.
10-10-1 when Kopitar does not record a point.

So only 21 games out of 72 thus far where Kopitar was held off the score sheet entirely.
Kopitar is having a great season. It's a shame the Kings couldn't afford to surround him with enough talent to get the job done. Giving Doughty $11M-$12M a season should help the situation.

Reactions: Ziggy Stardust

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Jeff Carter, 6 goals in the last 11 games
Wow together with some goals from Mitchell, Amadio and Clifford.

Looks like this whole team is scoring from top to bottom, with exception of Kempe, incredible.

Winger23

May 3, 2007

The sources of offense beyond Kopitar have dried up, and this team is largely depending on his performance. Jeff Carter has netted 6 goals in 11 games since returning to the lineup, but beyond that, this team needs some much needed and consistent scoring.

Maybe Kyle Clifford and Tobias Rieder can pick up the slack?

I could be off, but this crappy streak seems to coincide with when Stevens elected to go with less skilled vets over the kids playing.

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I could be off, but this crappy streak seems to coincide with when Stevens elected to go with less skilled vets over the kids playing.

Not really. Brown/Kempe/Toffoli were cranking at the start of the season. Brown seemed to be getting a decent amount of deflection goals (low success rate on average or, more accurately, more difficult to set-up than a normal SOG) and Kempe's shooting percentage was through the roof and unsustainable.

What we are seeing is a team that has generally had trouble scoring continue to have trouble scoring and it isn't because Brodz isn't in the line up.

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
Yup. When we sent down Brodz and demoted Amadio. Tore that third line a new arse. I want a young, fresh 3rd line, myself.

Kempe-Amadio-Brodz

KingTrouty

Allons!
Jan 18, 2015
The Valley
What we are seeing is a team that has generally had trouble scoring continue to have trouble scoring and it isn't because Brodz isn't in the line up.

Sure, but putting him back in wouldn't hurt. See what he does. I'm sure he's part of our plans next year, at least in TC

BigKing

Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
I understand the push for "new" guys to have a chance to disappoint as much as the guys we are used to, but it doesn't matter when your "best" guys aren't scoring. They went into the tank in January when Kopitar stopped scoring goals and the only thing that has changed is Kopitar stepped up his output and Carter came back. Everyone else is pretty much stuck in neutral since the turn of the calendar.

The best example of this phenomenon is Kempe. Love the guy, but the Board is non-stop with "solutions" that almost always involve Kempe. Kid has 0 goals in the last 19 games!

I'm pretty much there with putting Carter up with Kopitar since these other guys aren't scoring no matter who their center is.

Reactions: KingTrouty

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
ya but it's Quick's fault

how can our forwards score goals when Quick is letting goals in? it just doesn't work

also, Iafallo has scored 9 goals in his last 70 games

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Wait Stevens fixed all this remember ? Just by firing Sutter fixed everything....

Sorry had too hehe.

19th in Goals for is much better than 29th. I said they'd be in the top half. I may be a bit off in the end, but it's still marked improvement from last year.

rajuabju

The One & Only
Dec 30, 2006
Los Angeles
The big disappointments to me have been Muzzin & Martinez with their lack of goals. Also, Doughty, although he has 45 assists, only 9 goals. But he takes all the hard D assignments so I'm fine with that ratio.

Toffoli cooled off a lot, but he's still at a better than 0.5ppg pace, which for a 2nd liner is not bad.

Pearson I was hoping for 20 goals for, doesnt look like it will happen anymore.

Reider.... lol. Speed no finish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad