The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Would CBJ sign both Bob and Bread for lets say 6 years and $120m combined cap over these six years? or 20m a year for example 12/8.

If it's a package deal, I'd say they would. $20m per is the maximum they could do, but if it's just a 6 year term it's much less risky. It's a bit optimistic to think the players will accept 6 year deals as opposed to 8.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
The only reason I agree goalie capspace should be lower then 10% is because of return. For a goalscorer you can at least get your monies worth in a return meanwhile a goalie you are likely going to have to eat cap and take a huge loss in assets then what hes worth.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Nick Kyprios just said that Panarin does not want to be traded, but doesn't want to sign before the off-season.

Did he say this out of his ass like most of what he says?

Unless there's more context to this, I'd be pretty surprised if he had any kind of 'scoop' on this - he's interjecting his summary of what's on the record and what he 'thinks' is going on.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Artemi/Milstein said all of that months ago, that he doesn't want to talk contract or trades with anyone during the season.

CharlotteJacket

Apr 11, 2013
Charlotte, NC
There's a reason Panarin/Milstein have had a change of heart and want to sit down with the CBJ at the All Star break. Now the meeting may be nothing more than a courtesy to the Blue Jackets and Milstein will just repeat what he's said before. But to me, this is a make or break meeting for Jarmo. If he doesn't get an extension signed with Panarin, or at least the outline of a new contract, then he has to be traded before the deadline whether Panarin likes it or not. Same with Bob.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
There's a reason Panarin/Milstein have had a change of heart and want to sit down with the CBJ at the All Star break. Now the meeting may be nothing more than a courtesy to the Blue Jackets and Milstein will just repeat what he's said before. But to me, this is a make or break meeting for Jarmo. If he doesn't get an extension signed with Panarin, or at least the outline of a new contract, then he has to be traded before the deadline whether Panarin likes it or not. Same with Bob.

Agreed. It's "do (or at least get very close to doing it) or die" time regarding the contracts. The next meeting with Panarin's agent should either result in a signing or create significant enough traction to indicate that a deal is in the offing.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
If the Panarin camp is looking to go to FA, his value will drop dramatically at the deadline. As far as the Rangers, it seems like Panarin wants to get past the first round of the playoffs.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Bread is directly responsible for a few turnovers that had lead to goals against during these past few games. He is also been quite slow.

I wonder whats going on with him. Maybe its his girlfriend who makes him crazy and overdrains his physical resources.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
If the Panarin camp is looking to go to FA, his value will drop dramatically at the deadline. As far as the Rangers, it seems like Panarin wants to get past the first round of the playoffs.

In 2022?

Bread is directly responsible for a few turnovers that had lead to goals against during these past few games. He is also been quite slow.

I wonder whats going on with him. Maybe its his girlfriend who makes him crazy and overdrains his physical resources.

A better guess would be that it has something to do with the injury he's trying to play through.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Portzline in his Q&A today.

Q:

Is it insane to have growing hope that Bread signs with the Jackets prior to the deadline? Have the feeling Bob is gone, but may go “all-in” on a run this year (assuming #9 is back) and fingers crossed Merzlikins is a successful NHL net-minder? Merzlinkins is the consensus #1 player in Latvia after all......

A (from Portzline):
Not sure it meets the definition of 'insane,' no. But it's a touch crazy. If he doesn't sign with them before Feb. 25, I think Panarin is gone. I think he has to be gone. I think they're keeping Bob through the deadline and the playoffs and worry about him in the off-season, but Panarin will be death with by the trade deadline. They'll come out of the meeting in late January with a clear sign if he's willing to sign with them. If he's not, they have to trade him. They can't do the gentleman's agreement thing. They can't do the "hope he changes his mind" stuff like the Islanders did with Tavares. There are some who believe Panarin will or has changed his mind and would consider Columbus now, but until that comes from Bread or Milstein, it would be reckless to believe it. Strap in. Gonna be a while six weeks.

Live Blue Jackets Q&A with Aaron Portzline at 1 p.m.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
No explanation why he thinks "they have to trade him," if there's no clear indication he'll sign.

It's a poopy quote in general. It seems to imply Panarin/his agent have said he won't consider Columbus, even though I don't think that's actually happened.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
It's a poopy quote in general. It seems to imply Panarin/his agent have said he won't consider Columbus, even though I don't think that's actually happened.

I just hasn't not happened. Which we all know. Ostensibly, Portzline has information the average fan is not privy to, and makes his conjectures based on that. But there's nothing offered that suggests anythign he says in this response is based on such information.

Reactions: Monk

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd need an explanation of why the Jackets wouldn't do an "own-rental" with Panarin. Which club needs him this Spring more than the Jackets do?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd need an explanation of why the Jackets wouldn't do an "own-rental" with Panarin. Which club needs him this Spring more than the Jackets do?

No team needs him more, and no team has more to lose by losing him.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
When Panarin walks in free agency it will become apparent to all as to why he should have been traded. Especially after another 1st (or at best 2nd) round exit.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
When Panarin walks in free agency it will become apparent to all as to why he should have been traded. Especially after another 1st (or at best 2nd) round exit.

You and Portzline know stuff I don't know, I feel left out. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia