OT: The Official Team Canada/Ice Hockey Olympics Thread - PART II

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I can see why Hab fans are despised.

All this butthurt over PK's minutes and Price starting/not starting. This is the Olympics, folks. Stop crying and stop crapping on players to boost your guy. It's annoying and I hate when people do that stuff.

Well, it is the Montreal Canadien's board and unfortunately whining and complaining is the norm.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Not necessarily, Jbo could sit

Sitting Bouwmeester, the best skating defenceman Canada has produced since Neidermayer, would be simply incomprehensible. But then again, we are dealing with Hockey Canada, the same geniuses who selected the exquisitely immobile Kirby Rychel for the world junior team.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
Sitting Bouwmeester, the best skating defenceman Canada has produced since Neidermayer, would be simply incomprehensible. But then again, we are dealing with Hockey Canada, the same geniuses who selected the exquisitely immobile Kirby Rychel for the world junior team.

Maybe because skating isn't everything? Bou is a great skater but is as soft as butter just ask Mike Peca

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Vlasic made a lot of mistakes today and if it weren't for Austria being horrid, they would have been much more glaring.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
There is absolutely no reason in the world that hamhuis should play over subban. None. You can create all the false narratives you want about subban but no person with two eyes and a pulse can watch the two and say hamhuis deserves to play over subban.

There will be a time where canada needs a goal on the pp or late in the game.. And subbans speed and skill will be needed to go with doughty and Keith to break the trap.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Vlasic made a lot of mistakes today and if it weren't for Austria being horrid, they would have been much more glaring.

Maybe that's why Babcock prefers Hamhuis instead of Subban. The RD, Weber, Doughty, Piet are all pretty solid while some of the LD are questionable.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
There is absolutely no reason in the world that hamhuis should play over subban. None. You can create all the false narratives you want about subban but no person with two eyes and a pulse can watch the two and say hamhuis deserves to play over subban.

There will be a time where canada needs a goal on the pp or late in the game.. And subbans speed and skill will be needed to go with doughty and Keith to break the trap.

Well there one reason why Subban could be left out: TC's management being idiots :laugh: , which I hope they are NOT

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
He backhand sauced the puck from the red line to the blue line, after retrieving it all on his knees. I am okay with that.

Digging this team, so powerful on the back end. After that World Juniours the past couple years we deserve dominant play like this. Hopefully still is the case on the Sunday.

You talkin' about this little play?

qy4BSTz.gif

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Well there one reason why Subban could be left out: TC's management being idiots :laugh: , which I hope they are NOT

I'm finding it strange that they left St. Louis off the team, only to play him both games ahead of two guys who made the roster. Has to make Sharp/Duchene wonder why they've been scratched in favour of a guy who didn't make the team in the first place. Nothing against St. Louis, but it's not exactly a consistent line of thinking to leave him off the roster and then use him on the top line with Crosby 2nd game in.

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
In the main board thread someone said that a player must be dressed for at least one game to receive a medal. If it`s true it would be a dick move not to dress Smith at least once.

This is why I thought he dressed today. If Smith sees one minute of playing time we'll have finished 8th

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
I'm finding it strange that they left St. Louis off the team, only to play him both games ahead of two guys who made the roster. Has to make Sharp/Duchene wonder why they've been scratched in favour of a guy who didn't make the team in the first place. Nothing against St. Louis, but it's not exactly a consistent line of thinking to leave him off the roster and then use him on the top line with Crosby 2nd game in.

Because if they were to select St Louis they'd have him on the top 6 or he's left out. He doesn't have a spot as a role player.

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
I cheer for my country like the Russian people cheer for their country. Just win Canada win!

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Because if they were to select St Louis they'd have him on the top 6 or he's left out. He doesn't have a spot as a role player.

You could say the same about Tavares, Benn, Duchene, etc... The whole team is made up of first liners who will have to accept lesser roles. Can't say I agree with your point, especially because St. Louis is sound defensively, and also because they used him as 13th forward in game 1.

Last edited:

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Canada has a serious case of the over thinking it's. Just play the best players and stop worrying about all these ridiculous variables.

Cream always rises to the top.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Forget about Hamhuis, there's actually a very good case to play Subban over Dougthy or Webber....

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I usually root for Canada in most winter Olympics events, but no Subban and Price means I'm rooting against Canada.

Petty sure, but I'm a Habs fan first. Go Finland and go Czech Republic!
I still say Price is going to get the starts... Subban? Unfortunately, I don't think so.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Maybe because skating isn't everything? Bou is a great skater but is as soft as butter just ask Mike Peca

On the big ice, skating is everything. The gold medal is going to run through the Americans. They have brought the most dynamic skating team to the tournament. You better have great skaters to compete against Kane, Kessel, Kessler, Karlson, Fowler, etc. If you don't, it will get embarrassing. Just ask the Slovakians.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad