The Official Prudential Center, Surrounding Area & Season Ticket Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

This thread is for information regarding the Rock (policies, FAQ's, etc). This is NOT for selling tickets. You can find ticket sales here.

Info about the Prudential Center

FAQ's regarding the Prudential Center (including camera info)

Restaurant Info

Directions/Parking

Pre-Paid Parking

Mass Transit Info

Box Office Info

Seating Chart (Devils shoot twice towards the right - section 2-4)

3D Seating Chart

Official Newark Visitor's Guide

Local Watering Holes:
Hell's Kitchen
Scully's
Brick City Bar and Grill
Market Street Grill
Sagres Bar & Grill
Edison Ale House
McGovern's Tavern
Loft 47
Dinosaur BBQ
Mmm Bellos
Stadium Sports Bar & Grill
Brick City Coffee

Hotel Information:
Marriott Hotel (outside Prudential Center)
Hilton Hotel in Newark
Robert Treat Hotel
Hampton Inn in Harrison
*The Prudential Center is not far from Newark Airport, so you can always find hotels near there as well.*

Autograph Information:
For Devils autographs it's on Lafeyette Street, walking towards Broad Street, right before the VIP parking garage. You'll probably see a bunch of people standing out there.

For visiting teams it's on Edison Street, walking towards Broad Street, right past the Devils Den (directly opposite from where the home team comes out).

The last Pru Center thread, being that there were a ton of question/answer sessions: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=987413

Mod Note:
Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use.
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
HFBoards also does not sponsor/endorse any deals . Buyer beware.
[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
Called about spending some of my huge account balance on some extra tickets, and hung up after buying nothing. The prices I was quoted are insanity.

No 50% promo anymore on individual seats. Totally contradictory to the info I got last time I called.

Seasons:
Aqua - 35/seat (I renewed ST at $22 - wtf?)
Gray - 63/seat
Rust LL - 66/seat

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Called about spending some of my huge account balance on some extra tickets, and hung up after buying nothing. The prices I was quoted are insanity.

No 50% promo anymore on individual seats. Totally contradictory to the info I got last time I called.

Seasons:
Gray - 63/seat
Rust LL - 66/seat

The 50% off was time limited and expired a while ago.
The Devils made that crystal clear in their emails/letters.

Additional seats are at STH prices, but they vary due to the tiered pricing.
So with a Premier game, $35 in the Aqua is correct, so is gray @ $63 and Rust LL @ $66.

Refer to the email you should have received in mid-January, just before the presale began.
There is a link for a pdf that shows the STH pricing for the 50% off and the standard STH pricing once the 50% off promo expired.

You don't think $35 is good when the face value is $72 for Premier games?

You can buy Aqua tix for the upcoming Ottawa, TB and Buffalo games for $12, which is insanely low.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
The 50% off was time limited and expired a while ago.
The Devils made that crystal clear in their emails/letters.

Additional seats are at STH prices, but they vary due to the tiered pricing.
So with a Premier game, $35 in the Aqua is correct, so is gray @ $63 and Rust LL @ $66.

Refer to the email you should have received in mid-January, just before the presale began.
There is a link for a pdf that shows the STH pricing for the 50% off and the standard STH pricing once the 50% off promo expired.

You don't think $35 is good when the face value is $72?

I wasn't quoted $35 for a premier game ticket, I was quoted $35 x 17 games as the standard price for a season seat.

And no, I could care less if the face value is $300, $35 is an awful value for those seats, and I'll cancel instantly if they ever charge that price for my current season seats.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ

Seasons:
Gray - 63/seat
Rust LL - 66/seat

The 50% off promo ended awhile ago and now it's extra seats at STH price.

As far as seasons, what you renewed at and what they are charging now is different. They give you an incentive to renew by keeping the tickets at a low price...it's a shortened season, you can't expect them to still be super cheap, especially when you're already a month into the season at this point.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I wasn't quoted $35 for a premier game ticket, I was quoted $35 x 17 games as the standard price for a season seat.

And no, I could care less if the face value is $300, $35 is an awful value for those seats, and I'll cancel instantly if they ever charge that price for my current season seats.

So you're saying you wanted to buy extra seats for all of the remaining games?
Then they quoted you the premier pricing for each game which does not sound right.

I would call back again and ask to speak to a manager or Eric to ensure that the rep you spoke to on the phone gave you accurate information.

The 50% off expired on January 21, and that was for additional tickets at the varied tiered pricing, you have no ammunition there.

cj225

Work in Progress...
Dec 6, 2006
NJ
You forgot to add the Courtyard by Marriott into the list of hotels CJ. That said has anyone been inside?

Thank you! I know there's a few things I need to update on this list as it's a little outdated. I'll try and get to that later tonight.

I have not been inside yet.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
So you're saying you wanted to buy extra seats for all of the remaining games?
Then they quoted you the premier pricing for each game which does not sound right.

I would call back again and ask to speak to a manager or Eric to ensure that the rep you spoke to on the phone gave you accurate information.

The 50% off expired on January 21, and that was for additional tickets at the varied tiered pricing, you have no ammunition there.

Yeah, I specifically asked for prices to add season seats for the remainder of the year (17 games), and I was quoted $35. I had even mentioned that I renewed at $22, and that the 35 sounded like last year's top tiered pricing, and I was still told it was $35 per ticket.

As for the 50% off - I never got any email up until I contacted Eric a couple of weeks ago. The info I got through a rep was that it was through the season, which was misleading at best.

I understand it's late in the season to add seats, but two years ago I was given the discounted price more than half way through, and last year I called for the same info and my price was available again, so I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect the same this year.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Yeah, I specifically asked for prices to add season seats for the remainder of the year (17 games), and I was quoted $35. I had even mentioned that I renewed at $22, and that the 35 sounded like last year's top tiered pricing, and I was still told it was $35 per ticket.

As for the 50% off - I never got any email up until I contacted Eric a couple of weeks ago. The info I got through a rep was that it was through the season, which was misleading at best.

I understand it's late in the season to add seats, but two years ago I was given the discounted price more than half way through, and last year I called for the same info and my price was available again, so I didn't think it was unreasonable to expect the same this year.

Good luck, hope you get what you want, but if not I could see the Devils point of view with the always popular and full aqua balcony seats.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
A reminder to season ticket holders that the free kids ticket vouchers need to be redeemed by tomorrow.

I used them to get 4 free tickets in the lower level, Section 6, 10 rows from the ice for the Feb 24 Winnipeg game.
Tremendous value there!

Me and my bud will have to enter the arena using our standard season tickets in the balcony, then once inside go sit in Section 6 for the game with our kids in the 4 seats.
Our kids use the Section 6 tickets to get scanned to enter.
The free kids tickets the box office gives you are red FYI and they show $0 on them.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010
Good luck, hope you get what you want, but if not I could see the Devils point of view with the always popular and full aqua balcony seats.

I was able to get someone in sales to confirm the numbers and terms from the STH emails (that I just read today). Original quotes I got were totally off.

I wasn't able to get what I wanted, but not because of prices. Prices are the same as they have been thankfully. They have done a pretty good job getting tickets sold - I was even told it's a possibility that Monday could sell out.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was able to get someone in sales to confirm the numbers and terms from the STH emails (that I just read today). Original quotes I got were totally off.

I wasn't able to get what I wanted, but not because of prices. Prices are the same as they have been thankfully. They have done a pretty good job getting tickets sold - I was even told it's a possibility that Monday could sell out.

If Monday sells out I will be pleasantly surprised since typically weekday holiday matinee games are lightly attended.

I'm thinking tomorrow night vs Philly will sellout too.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Quick question... I usually do my pre-gaming at Hell's when I'm down. Cheap beer and eats is the main attraction. On their website, they have pre-game happy hour for Mon - Fri. What about Saturdays? Or is there a better spot for Saturdays? Coming down next month for 03/13 vs PHI and 03/16 vs MTL.

NJTIXX

Mar 3, 2011
Acela Club Question

Hi Guys!

Got a question about tomorrow's game and the Acela Club.

Last check I knew it was 42.50 to eat Dinner there at either 5:30 or 7:00pm

And to sit on the Ledge will All you can eat was 75.00 with 2 Liquor vouchers as well.

Does anyone know if it's still the same?

Usually get club seats but I don't see them shooting lower than 140.00 for tomorrow's game so I figured with my usual seats I'd use em and try to either

A eat Dinner in Acela
or
B Eat Dinner and Upgrade to the ledge.

Also does anyone know if the F and B Cards work for the Acela Club, I'm assuming no.

Thanks! and lets beat the *******out of the Flyers tomorrow!

Cowbell232

Jun 20, 2008
New Jersey
Quick question... I usually do my pre-gaming at Hell's when I'm down. Cheap beer and eats is the main attraction. On their website, they have pre-game happy hour for Mon - Fri. What about Saturdays? Or is there a better spot for Saturdays? Coming down next month for 03/13 vs PHI and 03/16 vs MTL.

Depends on what "better" means. It'll still be the cheapest option, as long as you can get there early enough to grab a table and all that.

The crowds at somewhere like Dino BBQ, Edison Ale House, etc. are different, of course the food is a different style but it's also going to be more pricey.

xdl1

Nov 3, 2010

No happy hour beer or wings on the weekend. As far as I know, a beer is $4-5 and their food is both cheaper and better than anywhere else, happy hour or not.

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Depends on what "better" means. It'll still be the cheapest option, as long as you can get there early enough to grab a table and all that.

The crowds at somewhere like Dino BBQ, Edison Ale House, etc. are different, of course the food is a different style but it's also going to be more pricey.

No happy hour beer or wings on the weekend. As far as I know, a beer is $4-5 and their food is both cheaper and better than anywhere else, happy hour or not.

Thanks for the input. Cheap beer is the main factor. Of course, that'll be St. Patty's weekend as well which will surely put a spin on things.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Thanks for the input. Cheap beer is the main factor. Of course, that'll be St. Patty's weekend as well which will surely put a spin on things.

Try MMM Bellos on Market St, it's on the other side of Newark Penn Station, about a block away from it.

They have a huge beer selection and good food, fair prices, prob the same as Hells Kitchen.

FYI the Newark St Patrick's Day Parade will be on Friday March 15 at 1pm.
It starts at The Rock and goes up Mulberry St towards NJPAC.
Try Edison Ale House that afternoon for the parade.
http://newarkparade.org/2013Parade

KohoDonuts88

Sep 6, 2006
New Brunswick
Try MMM Bellos on Market St, it's on the other side of Newark Penn Station, about a block away from it.

They have a huge beer selection and good food, fair prices, prob the same as Hells Kitchen.

FYI the Newark St Patrick's Day Parade will be on Friday March 15 at 1pm.
It starts at The Rock and goes up Mulberry St towards NJPAC.
Try Edison Ale House that afternoon for the parade.
http://newarkparade.org/2013Parade

Saw MMM Bellos on Yelp. May check it out.

Also, give me a shout when you're coming down. Love meeting the out-of-towners!

Will do. Would love to meet some board folk this year. With a 7pm game this year, there's lots of time for some St. Pat's pre-game pub crawling. :handclap:

Scott04

Sep 13, 2010
New Jersey
Hi Guys!

Got a question about tomorrow's game and the Acela Club.

Last check I knew it was 42.50 to eat Dinner there at either 5:30 or 7:00pm

And to sit on the Ledge will All you can eat was 75.00 with 2 Liquor vouchers as well.

Does anyone know if it's still the same?

Usually get club seats but I don't see them shooting lower than 140.00 for tomorrow's game so I figured with my usual seats I'd use em and try to either

A eat Dinner in Acela
or
B Eat Dinner and Upgrade to the ledge.

Also does anyone know if the F and B Cards work for the Acela Club, I'm assuming no.

Thanks! and lets beat the *******out of the Flyers tomorrow!

Didn't notice anyone respond to your post, so I'll give what little help I can so it doesn't look like this was ignored. I don't remember the specifics on the prices, but I was in the Acela Club to eat before the game about a week ago (afternoon game, so it was more brunch than dinner). I can't recall the numbers, but I do remember seeing a sign about upgrading for the ledge, so I know they still do offer that. I thought the food was around $48, but I could be wrong. We were in there with our season ticket perk, so we weren't paying what you would if you just walked up, so I can't say for any certainty about the price.

I would definitely recommend you call them up just to confirm the prices, or to make sure the availability is still there. But I do know that they still had a sign up about upgrading to ledge seating, so it does still exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad