Speculation: The Official Offseason Roster Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Other thread is well over 1k so figured we should start a new one and with season over now

When it comes to Zadorov

giphy.gif

Z was so atrocious in 2nd half of season

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Other thread is well over 1k so figured we should start a new one

When it comes to Zadorov

giphy.gif
Strome out.

Kampf I wouldn’t be shocked to see go out.

Suter is interesting if they’re worried about arbitration.

Mitchell traded for a quality player.

Hopefully CDH goes out but that would be too good to be true.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Strome out.

Agree here.

After much consideration and discussion in the previous thread, I think the Hawks should stay the course and see what they can pull off in the summer of 2022.

No need for earth shattering moves unless they cost only money.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Kane, DeBrincat, Dach, Boqvist, Kalynuk, Hagel, Kubalik, Lankinen only ones worth keeping.

I personally like Kurashev and Beaudin alot so to me, they're staying too. Keith is likely staying (and retiring) here. Toews hopefully will be back so he's definitely staying.

Everyone else (minus Hinostroza who I wouldn't mind bringing back)... I can care less.

Last edited:
Reactions: CallMeShaft

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Kane, DeBrincat, Dach, Boqvist, Kalynuk, Hagel, Kubalik only ones worth keeping.

I personally like Kurashev and Beaudin alot so to me, they're staying too. Keith is likely staying (and retiring) here. Toews hopefully will be back so he's definitely staying.

Everyone else (minus Hinostroza who I wouldn't mind bringing back)... I can care less.
I mean at the end of the day, does it really matter who gets exposed in the ED?
None of Strome/Nylander/Zadorov/Gaudette are some huge loss.

Reactions: Pertti

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I mean at the end of the day, does it really matter who gets exposed in the ED?
None of Strome/Nylander/Zadorov/Gaudette are some huge loss.

Not sure what this post has to do with what I said, but nah it doesn't matter. Hey though... you tell me, since you're the one who created a thread about it (namely between Strome, Gaudette and Nylander).

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I'm also going to put this here as well:
Scotty Bowman on Stan and Colliton:

https://www.madhousepod.com/podcast...wks-4-1-scotty-bowman-talks-colliton-04152021

They're making too much of it. I briefly went through Ken Dryden's book Scotty where Scotty ranks the best teams ever and he described Q as an "unspectacular coach". And that's after Q won three cups and was on pace to be the winningest coach after Scotty himself. He kinda tends to talk in a word salad from what I heard in interviews and doesn't really throw compliments around.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Not sure what this post has to do with what I said, but sure. But hey... you tell me, since you're the one who created a thread about it (namely between Strome, Gaudette and Nylander).
I did, but that was more of a which guy do you like best thing. At the end of the day, none of those guys are likely to be important.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
He doesn't score points so he must be bad!

Kampf is more likely to accidently fall into a play than to create one himself. It's more than just "he doesn't score." Guys that'll work really hard aren't hard to find. There's no reason to pay Kampf more than the next guy willing to play his bag off and accomplish nothing for league minimum.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kampf isn’t just a guy that works really hard. That was Highmore. He’s a solid defensive fourth liner. Arbitration eligible lol wut. He’s not getting anything. If he’s looking for too much absolutely, good luck bud go get yours if somebody’s soft in the brain. He’s lost in the offensive zone except for like five plays a year that make you go where the hell did that come from?

And Bowman is a noted Dick. He found Nik Lidstrom irritating because he was so perfect in his play and practice that he never got to yell at him.

Ken Dryden said this: “Scotty Bowman is not someone who is easy to like…. Abrupt, straightforward, without flair or charm, he seems cold and abrasive, sometimes obnoxious, controversial but never colorful. He is not Vince Lombardi, tough and gruff with a heart of gold. His players don't sit and tell hateful-affectionate stories about him…. He is complex, confusing, misunderstood, unclear in every way but one. He is a brilliant coach, the best of his time."

Steve Shutt: "You hated him 364 days of the year and on the 365th day you got your Stanley Cup ring.”

The man is the anti-Gretzky.

sandyfalkirk

Jun 18, 2014
Scotland
Seems Courtney was being sarcastic about Kampf and not really suggesting binning him but who knows, its the internet.

Find a way to get De Hann and Zadarov off the roster, Brent Connelly too.

Strome, he has to go.

Get the goalies down to 2.

We aint winning next year either so get Dach back, Toews and just see what we have in the young D men.

From what I seen I was rather unimpressed with Beaudin. Far too tentative, weak and hesitant. But he is young.

Boq had that but really got better and I started to think there was signs he can be decent.
Mitchell....well, he seemed more engaged than Beaudin and maybe hyped up way too much. Young
Kalnuk good skater which helps. Older, that helps too. He did well.
Regula...I liked his reach and size, looks like he needs a bit more weight. Too soon, too few games.
Stilman I actually thought was fine.

De hann. He is done and another year won't make him better. Do you give up somethign to get rid of him which is bad roster management...but then keeping him means our coach plays him over young boys.

Z. Naw for me. Just go.

Murphy and Keith stay, you need some vets and they too at least will show example on conditioning and work ethic inside/outside rink.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Strome out.

There's no way I'm trading a guy like Mitchell until he has a season with a real NHL coach.

Reactions: coolhand
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce