The Official Jonathan Drouin Thread - Part Drou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klutch86

Dec 27, 2014
@kalexanderRC: Jonathan Drouin had same number of scoring chances (3) in G4 as Cedric Paquette (3) + Vlad Namestnikov (0) have *combined in the series*.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Paquette is our fourth line Center of the future when Boyle's contract runs out. Namestnikov is our third line Center of the future once Filppula's play doesn't deserve the contract he has. They both have a clear path to play time with the big boy team.

Vlad is not going to be a third line center unless he learns to play defense. He's been in the AHL this season because he doesn't have a spot in the top 6 and he can't play a bottom 6 game. Where is he going to slot once Drouin gets moved out of the bottom 6/press box ?

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Vlad is not going to be a third line center unless he learns to play defense. He's been in the AHL this season because he doesn't have a spot in the top 6 and he can't play a bottom 6 game. Where is he going to slot once Drouin gets moved out of the bottom 6/press box ?

Until he learns to play defense? Vlad is as defensively responsible as they come at 22 yrs old...don't even know what you are talking about.

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Until he learns to play defense? Vlad is as defensively responsible as they come at 22 yrs old...don't even know what you are talking about.

Uh no. Sean Couturier is as defensively responsible as a 22 year old can be. Vlad isn't even close.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
@kalexanderRC: Jonathan Drouin had same number of scoring chances (3) in G4 as Cedric Paquette (3) + Vlad Namestnikov (0) have *combined in the series*.

What can you even do at this point but sigh?

dechire

Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Welcome to the bandwagon...watch some Lightning games and pay closer attention.

Lol are you joking ? What exactly is it that you think 3rd line centers do ? You're calling me a bandwagoner because I don't think that Vlad is suited for a checking role :shakehead

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Next game is a perfect opportunity to get Drouin in the lineup. We need some fresh legs against a rested team.

golgoXIII

Apr 2, 2007
I hope Drouin doesn't get too pissed about what's happening

That's what scaring me , Drouin seem's to take those kind of things personnal, remember the first time he was send down to junior he was terrible for 10-12 games and you can see he was affect and a little bit angry. Right now i'm pretty sure he is raging inside and i don't think it's very good for is developpement ,like i was saying in a other post begin to look a lot like a another Tyler Seguin story

JS91

May 14, 2014
I'd say that wait for next year. If Cooper finally gets his head out of his ass and gives Drouin a permanent top 6 role then it'll all be fine. However if Cooper continues destroying Drouin's career one of two things has to happen; Yzerman has to tell Cooper to stop that or trade Drouin.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I've been backing Coops decision to go with Morrow, Vladdy, or even Brown over Drouin. If he thinks those guys give you a better chance to win that's fine by me. I thought his reasoning might be he thinks this guy fits this role or this guy is more dependable, but we were like a 3 line team last night. I don't know anymore. Why dress Vladdy if you don't trust him with ice time?

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
When Filip Forsberg played his first game for Team Sweden last night he was very unhappy with his play and he was criticizing himself big time saying things like how he should just throw his effort in the trash and how he felt bad for the guys playing with him etc. and when Per MÃ¥rts (Team Sweden’s head coach) heard that he replied with ”What did he expect, that he would score three goals and spilt their defense? He will contribute when he’s ready but those things take time, he just needs to keep working and it will fall into place”

Now I don’t always agree with how MÃ¥rts handels things but that was a great way to tell a young guy that he knows can contribute that he knows that and that he’s willing to give him time to get used to playing for the national team since it’s his first game, I think that’s a good way to handle it and it makes me wish that Cooper did the same thing to his young players, not that I don’t get what Cooper is doing but you havet o give young players time to test their wings and not be affraid of making mistakes will get them sent to the pressbox, even in the playoffs Drouin should be splitting his time with Vladdy (who didn’t have more playoff expereince even if he got more time on the 3rd line while Drouin spent most of his time on the 4th line during regular season).

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
When Filip Forsberg played his first game for Team Sweden last night he was very unhappy with his play and he was criticizing himself big time saying things like how he should just throw his effort in the trash and how he felt bad for the guys playing with him etc. and when Per MÃ¥rts (Team Sweden’s head coach) heard that he replied with â€What did he expect, that he would score three goals and spilt their defense? He will contribute when he’s ready but those things take time, he just needs to keep working and it will fall into placeâ€

Now I don’t always agree with how Mårts handels things but that was a great way to tell a young guy that he knows can contribute that he knows that and that he’s willing to give him time to get used to playing for the national team since it’s his first game, I think that’s a good way to handle it and it makes me wish that Cooper did the same thing to his young players, not that I don’t get what Cooper is doing but you havet o give young players time to test their wings and not be affraid of making mistakes will get them sent to the pressbox, even in the playoffs Drouin should be splitting his time with Vladdy (who didn’t have more playoff expereince even if he got more time on the 3rd line while Drouin spent most of his time on the 4th line during regular season).

That's a good way to handle anything in life, really.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
The most mystifying thing about this situation is Cooper's willingness to dress Vladdy, and reluctance to play Vladdy when the clock is running low.

Why does he seem to trust Namestnikov more than Drouin?

If he doesn't play him late in the game or in OT, is this level of trust really that much higher than his faith in Drouin?

And why oh why with our abysmal PP does he refuse to dress Drouin at all? He can help on the power play at least! If he refuses to play either in crunch time, he might as well play Drouin when we can afford to on the man advantage. I just don't understand the purpose of repeatedly dressing Namestnikov over Drouin, then benching him in the third period... I wish I could see whatever it is that Coop is seeing.

Houdas

Mining the Lightning
Aug 17, 2014
Prague/Ostrava
Do you guys really believe that Drouin would be a gamechanger? I see him as a great guy, but he's really young and kinda inexperienced. That Forsberg mention shows us a lot. I also believe he would show us some highlights but could he defend?

You need guys that can score but you have to think about their defensive abilities - just look at dallas - seguin is a total offensive star, but I don't think he's as two-way as Palát, Cally or Flip.

You've got to think about your dressed players as a two dimensional problem.

However, I do believe he should play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad