The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 3, Still Drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Drink to remember, Drink to forget, Drink to feel alive, Drink to dull the pain.
Apparently DaveG's been a bit under the weather with intense head pain (Which highlandering <Movie Ref> would be a solution though not the one I'd suggest.) So he got some assitance.
Anyway enjoy and yet don't get too drunk.

Passes the bottle.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Drink to remember, Drink to forget, Drink to feel alive, Drink to dull the pain.
Apparently DaveG's been a bit under the weather with intense head pain (Which highlandering <Movie Ref> would be a solution though not the one I'd suggest.) So he got some assitance.
Anyway enjoy and yet don't get too drunk.

Passes the bottle.
41aFJNvvluL._SY445_.jpg

Just lay off the sauce, there's no quick n' easy solution.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
I don't think anything will ever top Beau Bennett [born Nov. 1991] + (2nd? 3rd?) for Jeff Skinner [born May 1992] because the 'Canes would get younger and Beau Bennett still had room to grow from his 40-points-with-Sidney-Crosby.

This was when we were doing that pretend we agree, flatter the proposal gag, and man was that guy upset when he realized he was being teased.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
So I was thinking, and thinking is dangerous.

As a Sharks fan, we really want a player like Faulk. We need a 2nd puck mover on defense after Burns.

Would it be possible to do some sort of Braun + Dell + 2nd for Faulk + Darling (1 mil retained) swap? Basically we want to replace Braun with Faulk, while I think you guys are looking for more of a stable presence on the back-end? Also switching out Dell for Darling allows Darling to go back into a real back-up role where he succeeded, and for Dell to try a real starting position where he isn't going to get that opportunity with Jones in net. Saves you guys the Darling contract for the most part.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
'Canes don't need Braun, they have 4 NHL RHD at the moment plus prospect Roland McKeown potentially rising to that level soon. That's part of why they're trading Faulk.

Dell + 2nd for Faulk + Darling retained at 1 mil might work after the season starts if Darling fails once again and the Canes are looking at another bust season if they don't immediately upgrade goaltending.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
We have Dougie, Pesce and TVR. McKeown, Fora, Martin and Fox in the system. What's the need of Braun?

If we move Skinner/Faulk, that will be in hockey trade, not just to get rid of them.
A hockey trade is normally defined as a player for player type trade, which is exactly what I was describing.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
'Canes don't need Braun, they have 4 NHL RHD at the moment plus prospect Roland McKeown potentially rising to that level soon. That's part of why they're trading Faulk.

Dell + 2nd for Faulk + Darling retained at 1 mil might work after the season starts if Darling fails once again and the Canes are looking at another bust season if they don't immediately upgrade goaltending.
That's fair. I figured there might be a gap that could be filled with Braun, but if McKeown is ready then it makes sense.

Either way I wouldn't trade Braun if we didn't have to, so what needs to be added to Dell + 2nd now to make it worthwhile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce