HF Habs: The Official hawks race to a better 2nd round pick Thread

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Next should be Plekanec

For god sakes dont let Bergevin make the trade for Pacio

Bergevin is trying to build his confidence with these tepid trades involving scrubs and late picks.

"Geoff, I'm back to building through the draft."

Meantime, at Molson headquarters ...

225mm6.jpg

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Lindgren is still developing. While Price is here, I'd rather Lindgren play 60 games in Laval. Better that than 20 games in the NHL and sitting on the bench most nights.

Pretty sure Lindgren has a one way contract next season. He's on a 2 way this year. One more year in the AHL and he's Price's backup next season.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
By the way, expect a 5th rounder. Only 4 back-to-back till the end of season for the Oilers. We need for Talbot to struggle a lot...and for Montoya to show that he could help them because Talbot sucks. 'Cause everything else means a 5th rounder.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Lindgren is still developing. While Price is here, I'd rather Lindgren play 60 games in Laval. Better that than 20 games in the NHL and sitting on the bench most nights.

Back up goalies are a dime a dozen. They were able to replace Montoya with Niemi -- it's not a huge loss, Niemi's performance in the few games he appeared in, was adequate.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Pretty sure Lindgren has a one way contract next season. He's on a 2 way this year. One more year in the AHL and he's Price's backup next season.

According to habsprospects.com he doesn't need to pass through waivers next year.

Waivers Infos - Habs Prospects

They could be wrong. But whether he's on a one way or a two way is irrelevant for waiver considerations.

PriceIsGod

Carey Please :)
Jul 15, 2012
You know...
Good deal, just makes sense honestly. Hopefully somehow Oilers end up bombing the season and Montoya ends up hitting the 7 game mark so it becomes an early fourth. Doubt that happens but it would obviously be very nice.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Back up goalies are a dime a dozen. They were able to replace Montoya with Niemi -- it's not a huge loss, Niemi's performance in the few games he appeared in, was adequate.

I want Lindgren to develop as best as possible so that we either have an option if we trade Price, or we trade Lindgren. Lindgren can't lose in terms of development if he plays 60 games in Laval next year. There's no rush to have him sit the pine behind Price. If Lindgren comes off the bench cold and sucks, he will lose trade value.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
By the way, expect a 5th rounder. Only 4 back-to-back till the end of season for the Oilers. We need for Talbot to struggle a lot...and for Montoya to show that he could help them because Talbot sucks. 'Cause everything else means a 5th rounder.
Let's say Talbot gets injured midgame and Montoya replaces him, does that still count as a game?

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
If Montoya is a back-up during 7 games with the Oil, is that considered "playing". :sarcasm:

I think that if he is on the starting roster it is considered playing. I don’t think it means starts, or getting wins/losses. But maybe someone with better understanding of tvese rules ould answer.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Good deal, just makes sense honestly. Hopefully somehow Oilers end up bombing the season and Montoya ends up hitting the 7 game mark so it becomes an early fourth. Doubt that happens but it would obviously be very nice.

Timmins has been good in the 5th round anyways: Gallagher and Hudon were 5th round picks. Reway, Mete, and Nygren were 4th rounders. He's been better in the 5th!

Reactions: dralaf and Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
What i said yesterday...You keep Nem and bye bye to Al Mon, if you're going into tank mode....and next season it now opens the door to Charlie

Reactions: Nedved and Runner77

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Our picks update:

1 x 1st (top 10)
3 x 2nds (ranging from 32nd to 62nd overall)

1 x 3rd
2 x 4th (potentially)
1 x 5th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad