Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Torts heaping praise on Rocky, saying he'll be back next season.

Screenshot_20240419-123512.png

Chicken N Raffls

Here for the chaos and lolz
Nov 7, 2022
Douglassville
Yeah, you definitely need a crystal ball to know that you should be careful with guys coming off of long term injuries.

If he couldn't find a crystal ball a magic 8 ball would have been sufficient.

Also, I'd love to hear any TORTS defender try to justify keeping Rocky. Literally the worst in the League for years running. Meanwhile, the Eagles make the playoffs and fire both coordinators.

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
How can Zamula be on the bubble, in reality. He's everything they need: big, mobile, good outlet, can play the PP2, develping. Russian to talk to the goalies and Michkov...

And I'd rather have Ginning and Attard as 5/6 next year than Seeler/Risto.

Too late.

Ummmmm…

Reactions: BernieParent

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We haven’t seen Rocky coach Bonk yet. I say wait and see until then.

I find it odd that a PP coach who has spent 3 years mangling PPs on 2 teams needs to be collaboratively advised by two former players who have never coached professionally. Makes you wonder why that person holds the position of coach.

I was listening to Charlie’s latest podcast & even he couldn’t defend it. He essentially said the Flyers are willingly setting a small bar for their PP & not trying to find useful solutions to improve it. He said they’re willingly chalking it up to talent level & he just doesn’t buy that excuse. He said he can take arguments that talent level likely precludes them being in the top 10-15 in the league. But he said when San Jose with arguably the worst roster in the league was 21st this year on the PP he doesn’t really buy an excuse for why the Flyers can’t elevate to around that level which would be a notable difference.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was listening to Charlie’s latest podcast & even he couldn’t defend it. He essentially said the Flyers are willingly setting a small bar for their PP & not trying to find useful solutions to improve it. He said they’re willingly chalking it up to talent level & he just doesn’t buy that excuse. He said he can take arguments that talent level likely precludes them being in the top 10-15 in the league. But he said when San Jose with arguably the worst roster in the league was 21st this year on the PP he doesn’t really buy an excuse for why the Flyers can’t elevate to around that level which would be a notable difference.

Goes right back to the coaches taking zero accountability and always blaming players. We've had a decade of coaches like this. When will it end?

snoop88

Apr 15, 2012
Frank Seravalli on Nasty Knuckles talking about Torts

He takes the words out of my mouth in this discussion. Conversation starts around 24:00

* Seravalli talks to a number of player in the locker room, and there are plenty who are not happy right now.

* The public messaging will be about "Look how hard they played" but when you take a step and look back, it's the biggest disappointment to both miss the playoffs and not have a chance at a franchise changing player

* John Tortorella is the worst coach for this team. While he is a great coach, he is also going to come out and wring 10-15 extra points out of the team next year which makes finding top-flight talent much harder

* Torts has too much power. He has a seat at the table in terms of transactions and has Dan Hiflerty's ear.

* Tortorella has no ability to do anything other than "push the big red button" (I.e, berate and embarrass his players)

* When Tortorella started to change his tone again and pump his players up he thinks it was Torts realizing that he overstepped

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Rocky is a good fit, that's what counts. If they were concerned about on ice results why would they play the likes of Nicky Fists then?

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
I member the days when they had a good PP and couldn't win a faceoff. Then they could win all the faceoffs and the PP started to stink. Now I have no idea cause I haven't watched in two years KEK

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017

This is ultimately what the modus operandi is of this organization, though. Look at how who they hire, who they employ on the ice and the results in the past decade plus. All they care about is enough point increase to drag a few more authentics into chairs and keep things afloat.

The only high bar is set for players that don’t fit into their wet dream of a roster of Kent Mandervilles.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Kevin Kurz has an article on the future of Frost and Farabee on today's "The Athletic". A lot of it has to do with the way that the two players were used over the last two weeks of the season.
It's hard to believe the way that the fans have sniffed Tortorella's glue. Guys play poorly because of the way that he uses them and then it's the fault of the players that their numbers are poor so that justifies Torts' not playing them.
This club isn't going anywhere until he's gone and, by the looks of things, that's going to be a long time. This organization is doomed to failure for at least a decade. Unfortunately for me hockey is my favorite sport to follow. I believe that I need to invest in another organization.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Kevin Kurz has an article on the future of Frost and Farabee on today's "The Athletic". A lot of it has to do with the way that the two players were used over the last two weeks of the season.
It's hard to believe the way that the fans have sniffed Tortorella's glue. Guys play poorly because of the way that he uses them and then it's the fault of the players that their numbers are poor so that justifies Torts' not playing them.
This club isn't going anywhere until he's gone and, by the looks of things, that's going to be a long time. This organization is doomed to failure for at least a decade. Unfortunately for me hockey is my favorite sport to follow. I believe that I need to invest in another organization.

And unfortunately, the rot is even deeper than him. Tortorella is here and lavished with too much power because he is the physical manifestation of everything the Advisors and Alumni lust over.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I love the comment that Frost had a slow start to the season. I wonder why that was.

swami24

Jul 24, 2020
Phila Wings HC/GM, fired himself as HC. Hopefully the Assistants are gone too. Day remains as GM. Well, thats one of 2 that we needed out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
reddit has gone full Torts...never go full Torts

ie they are defending him against Seravalli

Charlie said on his podcast today that there are players that unhappy & don’t want to play for Tortorella. But he said he thinks for other reasons they beyond Tortorella they might not ask out. As he said Tortorella isn’t going anywhere. So they have to weigh things there. Perhaps unlike last off seasons contingent who didn’t want to play for Tortorella as well but there was nothing else there organizationally or in the locker causing them hesitancy to just be done with it here.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Charlie said on his podcast today that there are players that unhappy & don’t want to play for Tortorella. But he said he thinks for other reasons they beyond Tortorella they might not ask out. As he said Tortorella isn’t going anywhere. So they have to weigh things there. Perhaps unlike last off seasons contingent who didn’t want to play for Tortorella as well but there was nothing else there organizationally or in the locker causing them hesitancy to just be done with it here.

They're going to quit and be going through the motions by January.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad