Tribute The Official "Fire Tortorella" Thread

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Only thing that could prevent it is they have too many bodies that they can’t/won’t move. There’s really only one spot and it’d require moving Sanheim back to the left.

Sanheim
York
Drysdale
Seeler
Risto (if he’s alive)

Bubble:
Zamula
Attard (waivers)
Ginning
Having too many bodies/contracts/cap hits has never been a problem for the Flyers.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Only thing that could prevent it is they have too many bodies that they can’t/won’t move. There’s really only one spot and it’d require moving Sanheim back to the left.

Sanheim
York
Drysdale
Seeler
Risto (if he’s alive)

Bubble:
Zamula
Attard (waivers)
Ginning
How can Zamula be on the bubble, in reality. He's everything they need: big, mobile, good outlet, can play the PP2, develping. Russian to talk to the goalies and Michkov...

And I'd rather have Ginning and Attard as 5/6 next year than Seeler/Risto.

Make no mistake, they'll be regretting that Seeler deal as soon as next season
Too late.

• Love
Reactions: Kelmitchell2

mr4tno

Oct 13, 2017
I mean if youre okay with paying a 6th defender $2.1M. They could probably get similar value for half that price. Ronnie Attard in his small sample performed pretty well. Give him a full season and I bet he performs better
They already pay a 6th defender $5MM so $2.1MM is bargain. Other than ELCs, up and down the Flyers line-up everyone makes at a minimum $1-2MM more than they should. It is OK 2 or 3, but it addds up when you go down the line-up....

Reactions: BernieParent

IronMarshal

Mar 7, 2002
Langhorne, PA
Visit site
I mean if youre okay with paying a 6th defender $2.1M. They could probably get similar value for half that price. Ronnie Attard in his small sample performed pretty well. Give him a full season and I bet he performs better
Seeler and Attard are different kinds of players. I like Attard. Seeler brings more fire and toughness in shot blocking and net front. Attard is better at puck movement and shooting.. nice to have both.

Reactions: renberg

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
How can Zamula be on the bubble, in reality. He's everything they need: big, mobile, good outlet, can play the PP2, develping. Russian to talk to the goalies and Michkov...

And I'd rather have Ginning and Attard as 5/6 next year than Seeler/Risto.
Zamula was in the scratch limbo down the stretch and got taken off the PP once Drysdale came back. In the hypothetical where they re-sign Walker, he doesn't have a spot. He'd be a regular for me easily.

Doesn't really matter who we want on the bottom pair. Those guys have contracts that prevent them from being traded. I assume as long as they don't take a torch to the roster, they will keep Attard around as an extra to avoid waivers. Ginning is exempt for another year and there were rumors he was going back to Sweden but that was before he got promoted and played.

CerpinTaxt

Apr 1, 2009
KY
They already pay a 6th defender $5MM so $2.1MM is bargain. Other than ELCs, up and down the Flyers line-up everyone makes at a minimum $1-2MM more than they should. It is OK 2 or 3, but it addds up when you go down the line-up....
Oh man what an argument
"They already overpay a mediocre dman so overpaying this replacement level dman isn't that bad. Everyone on the roster is overpaid"

And yea like you said it adds up. Would be nice if Flyers could actually get value on the players they sign, but they are more concerned with culture

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Oh man what an argument
"They already overpay a mediocre dman so overpaying this replacement level dman isn't that bad. Everyone on the roster is overpaid"

And yea like you said it adds up. Would be nice if Flyers could actually get value on the players they sign, but they are more concerned with culture
I read that line with a huge dose of sarcasm.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

To Danny:

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad