HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
The question now is whether or not Bettman will rig the draft lottery to get Utah the 1st overall :sarcasm:

Tanks a lot Arizona b'y.

Now lets all hope and pray Utah doesn't win the lottery and move up to 1st from the 6th spot.
Man, we're on the same wavelength haha crazy

• Haha
Reactions: sheed36

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Someone remind me how we have a 0.3% chance of drafting 3rd overall?

Screenshot 2024-04-18 at 10.05.41.png

Reactions: Sagikev

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Someone remind me how we have a 0.3% chance of drafting 3rd overall?

View attachment 854342
The 1st overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls. A team can only jump ten spots, so only the top 11 teams are eligible for the 1st pick. If a team in the 12-16 range wins the first drawing, the first pick will be awarded to the worst team. The 12-16 seed team that won the first drawing is also locked into their new position.

So I guess if a team placed 21 win the first lottery and we win the second lottery, it would go like this:

1. 32nd team by default
2. 21 placed team (won first lottery)
3. Habs (won second lottery).

Reactions: ElQuebecois

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
The 1st overall pick is awarded by a drawing of ping pong balls. A team can only jump ten spots, so only the top 11 teams are eligible for the 1st pick. If a team in the 12-16 range wins the first drawing, the first pick will be awarded to the worst team. The 12-16 seed team that won the first drawing is also locked into their new position.

So I guess if a team placed 21 win the first lottery and we win the second lottery, it would go like this:

1. 32nd team by default
2. 21 placed team (won first lottery)
3. Habs (won second lottery).
Thanks - appreciate the explanation.
However, I'm guessing it would need to specifically be team #12 (PHI) that wins the first draw - that would lock them into #2 and SJS into #1 and MTL in #3 with the second lottery win

Assuming that teams #13, #14, #15, #16 would result in position #3, #4, #5, #6 if they win, meaning MTL would get #2 if they win the second pick

edit: Just re-read your post and realize that team #21 is PHI. I completely agree with your explanation

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
What made Iginla raise that much, wasn’t he projecting to go around 12 not long ago?

This is just a list of potentially the top 7 forwards in the draft. It's nothing official and doesn't include dmen.

But, Iginla has been rising because he's close to 50 goals, and is thought to have a good all around game and character. Basically people see a lot of his father in him. It's happened before that a player is of similar style and talent level as their parent (the Tkachuk brothers). But it's rare.

Last edited:
Reactions: McGuires Corndog

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
*NEW FEAR UNLOCKED*
No need to FEAR. The Script is already out for the draft.

1st pick : Chicago to get Celebrini and recreate a dynamic duo (Kane & Toews) aka (Bedard & Celebrini).

2nd pick : Arizona/Utah to create a hype around the relocation.

3rd pick : Pittsburgh with a 4.2% chance to get the 3rd pick is the perfect way to assure people that the draft isn't rigged and that luck is actually involved.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
No need to FEAR. The Script is already out for the draft.

1st pick : Chicago to get Celebrini and recreate a dynamic duo (Kane & Toews) aka (Bedard & Celebrini).

2nd pick : Arizona/Utah to create a hype around the relocation.

3rd pick : Pittsburgh with a 4.2% chance to get the 3rd pick is the perfect way to assure people that the draft isn't rigged and that luck is actually involved.
all three of these things can't happen at the same time

Reactions: bsl and Rozz

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
This is just a list of potentially the top 7 forwards in the draft. It's nothing official and doesn't include dmen.

But, Iginla has been rising because he's close to goals, and is thought to have a good all around game and character. Basically people see a lot of his father in him. It's happened before that player is of similar style and talent level as their parent (the Tkachuk brothers). But it's rare.
they see his father in him? Count me in the Iginla bandwagon then, a hhof powerforward is exactly what this team need.

• Love
Reactions: Rozz and 26Mats

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Finishing any worse than 5th would have been bad. At 4th it means 10 less points than we have now, and we could only have achieved that most likely if our goalies were worse and the 1st line wasn't anywhere near as good as it is. Nobody would have wanted that. So it's all good and thank you Yotes for this, you shall always be fondly remembered.

Reactions: Seb and Rozz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad