HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
my nightly check in between playing sets at bar... I see we lost and Ottawa won! f*** yes!

Arizona lost but what else is new?

.. now Calgary really need to pull out a win against LA!

ok boys and gals I'm going back to rock out and I'll see who's still awake and on here when I get home after the gig :)

go Calgary!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
PbnOt4G.gif

Last edited:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
That bottom one is old. We're 10 pts up on Columbus now, and have played 73 games.
Totally agree but the bottom one came attached to the first in that tweet and thus was unable to post the first alone.

Instead of that, I amended the post, lifted the top one and even added special effects, to make up for it. :DD

And, as an added bonus ... the upside down, burnt tank from the other day, was refurbished!

df4KXCN.jpg

:m-dance:

Last edited:

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
The "exception" you referenced is the point.

Picking higher is better.
And.
There are always going to be players picked lower that end up better than players picked ahead of them.

Both statements are true. The flawed argument I was bringing attention to is assuming that a higher pick guarantees a better player. That's just not true.

The assumption of GUARANTEEING a better player?

Who said this or anything remote close to this?

As diverse and interesting as this forum is, I've never seen any mention we're guaranteed to get a better player if we draft higher.

Naturally it would increase the CHANCE / LIKELIHOOD, sure, but you using a word like 'guarantee', I feel is just to bolster your perspective and stance on the topic.

:facepalm: apparently you can't follow your own argument.

Reading is hard I guess.

Yup, that's about the level of logic at play here. Reading comprehension isnt a strong suit for some I suppose.

Great reply.

"ReAdINg Is HaRd i GuEsS"

Excellent rebuttal. 10/10

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We need 3 more wins than the Flames with 9 games left to overtake them. We will be 5-7 pre lottery.
That is definitely possible. Any team can crap the bed over 9 games and any team can go on a heater. Especially at the end of the season when one team might play more games against teams fighting for a playoff spot and another against teams whose fare is secured and are p lo paying to not get injured.

Walksss

Mar 26, 2013
That is definitely possible. Any team can crap the bed over 9 games and any team can go on a heater. Especially at the end of the season when one team might play more games against teams fighting for a playoff spot and another against teams whose fare is secured and are p lo paying to not get injured.

Good hopefully Columbus reads this post and goes on a nine game heater.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Yup, and Toronto's one point back with a game in hand. #23 position.

If the Jets don't make the conference finals:

- As it stands now the pick is 23rd
- If the Leafs pass them, it goes to 22nd (1 pt behind)
- If the Preds pass them it goes to 21st (4 pts)
- If Vegas passes them, it goes to 20th (4 pts)
- If Tampa passes them, it goes to 19th (still doable, 5 pts)
- If LA passes them, it goes to 18th (highly unlikely, 7 pts)

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
If the Jets pick is around 20, highly possible they trade up rather than package it for a player.
Trade up with the Islanders... I'd givem anyone of our current young Ds (Struble, Harris, Mailloux) + Avs 2nd to jump 10 spots.

We could then draft one of the Ds at #5-8 and any falling forward at #13 (I think Catton, Iginla (unlikely because of Calgary) or Eiserman will be there).

Reactions: Rozz

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If the Jets pick is around 20, highly possible they trade up rather than package it for a player.
I think trading up this season may end up being easier than trying to find that roster ready player deal.
I like the idea of finding two players in this window for some reason.
It just takes the right partner who is on a different cycle than we are with regards to their their window.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I think trading up this season may end up being easier than trying to find that roster ready player deal.
I like the idea of finding two players in this window for some reason.
It just takes the right partner who is on a different cycle than we are with regards to their their window.

I'm wondering if they could find a team that would take Harris with the Jets pick and a 2025 3rd/2nd to move into the 13/15 range. There's a chance someone like Eiserman, Iginla or Catton could just fall there. If not, MBN may be there and he'd be an ultimate add since he's almost pro ready now.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm wondering if they could find a team that would take Harris with the Jets pick and a 2025 3rd/2nd to move into the 13/15 range. There's a chance someone like Eiserman, Iginla or Catton could just fall there. If not, MBN may be there and he'd be an ultimate add since he's almost pro ready now.
Would Calgary benefit from getting that 2025 conditional mess back from us.
It's not hard to see their D is weak and their window is definitely going to be further out than ours.
The only other team we might target is Pittsburgh so 10 or 12 might be doable.
Anything further up is beyond my fathoming. :laugh:

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Trade up with the Islanders... I'd givem anyone of our current young Ds (Struble, Harris, Mailloux) + Avs 2nd to jump 10 spots.

We could then draft one of the Ds at #5-8 and any falling forward at #13 (I think Catton, Iginla (unlikely because of Calgary) or Eiserman will be there).
Struble and Harris, sure. But not mailloux. Mailoux on his own is worth 13ish pick. I wouldnt add the Jets pick to that to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad