HF Habs: The official 2023-2024 tank thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Last Red

Jan 2, 2022
Martin Lapointe is already quoted as saying this may be a good draft for a good forward to fall to us.

That confirmed they're hoping for a forward. If true, Hughes may put together quite an offer to move up if he really likes Demidov or Lindstrom.

There are more than 4. Who said we're not interested in Catton?
Nick Bobrov’s drafting record the last decade says “we’re not interested in Catton.”

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Catton or Iginla and just trade for another
Catton or Iginla and just trade for another
That's better than trading up. to get Lindstrom or Demidov?

I HATE having to rely on Arizona to pull out a win to save the night... but if they do then the night is a wash and at least Slafkovsky and the first line got their points :)
I was rooting for Columbs in OT. Still hoping for 4th overall. But we're now closer to 11th overall than 4th overall.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Martin Lapointe is already quoted as saying this may be a good draft for a good forward to fall to us.

That confirmed they're hoping for a forward. If true, Hughes may put together quite an offer to move up if he really likes Demidov or Lindstrom.

There are more than 4. Who said we're not interested in Catton?
I can't remember who said it but I read it on here and it wasn't someone without a source stating an opinion

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
yeah I was too but I'd rather keep the race for 5th tight.. so I'm happy Arizona pulled off the win

though a 3 point game would have been nice
After this win tonight, I need a drink. As exciting as the game was and as good of a game it was to watch. I really wanted the 4th overall pick. I hope 4th is good too. Last year it was Reinbacher instead of Will Smith. We'll see in 10 years how that turns out, and how this year turns out if we had only made certain trades at the TDL to try to finish lower.

Reactions: habsfan891 and Rozz

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
After this win tonight, I need a drink. As exciting as the game was and as good of a game it was to watch. I really wanted the 4th overall pick. I hope 4th is good too. Last year it was Reinbacher instead of Will Smith. We'll see in 10 years how that turns out, and how this year turns out if we had only made certain trades at the TDL to try to finish lower.
yeah I can totally understand and appreciate your feelings here, as I share a similar sentiment. but it's hard to be mad at the boys for playing hard and gutting out hard win against a cup championship team.

sadly, the bitch of it is... riding the fine line of tanking but not destroying your players moral is that we just have to hope and wish and see how it all turns out...

I just hope and pray we can some how finish 5th... I think 4th is sadly out of the picture... and at worst no later than 7th... then I'm sacrificing a whole mess of shit at the hockey alters to hopefully we will win one of the lotteries or that there is a legit run on all the big defense men after Celebrini and we can still get one of demidov, Lindstrom, or catton. at our slot.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
No comment.

Glad I'm not even bothering to watch the games anymore as it would be too frustrating.

Can't compete and can't tank properly at all, middle of the pack in our last big chance for a tanking year.

Sigh.

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 40M/yr fraud, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
At least Arizona won but I called the random road win against a contender, it's what they do.

Also called the .500+ record for this ''tough'' road trip, it's middle of the pack and it just won't do against teams that are actually tanking. But again, it's what they do. Mid since the early 00's and trending that way again, the Habs way.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
No comment.

Glad I'm not even bothering to watch the games anymore as it would be too frustrating.

Can't compete and can't tank properly at all, middle of the pack in our last big chance for a tanking year.

Sigh.
For reasons of work travel and personal, I've not been able to watch games since about January. It's pretty annoying thinking that there are only a handful of games left and the Habs are likely to draft 5-10 rather than 1-5. Ah well, this is Habs land.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Bad night for the tank. Edmonton, Nashville and Toronto are all within striking distance of Winnipeg. Let's keep an eye on that one. Could get Winnipeg to 20th pre playoffs. And potentially more with a first round exit.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's also worked out quite well for several other teams who draft and build well.
Yes. I'd even go further and argue that those are the most important variables...

Drafting "well" & building "well".

Drafting well, rather than drafting high, is an important distinction ;)

Reactions: Sorinth

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Wins haven't really bothered me that much along the way this season, because I know they are going to win sometimes. But last night's win pissed me off :laugh: No right going into Colorado and winning.

The only saving grace is Ottawa and Arizona are at least winning some games. Those are the only teams I truly believed we could finish below.

Habs are due for a losing streak...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad