OT: The Official 2019/2020 HS Hockey thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
That's kind of what I said regarding Johnson. We barely have enough for JV on any given year.

Don't give Roseau more credit than they deserve - pretty sure I heard they just stay in big schools because they know that way they avoid Warroad every year.

Concerning Roseau....I used to live there. The reason they play AA is that they consider themselves a traditional power (of course, this decision was made 15 years ago, maybe), and therefore they want to compete against the best.

Recent results seem to suggest that neither Warroad nor Roseau is as consistently powerful as they used to be. That probably has to do with less outdoor ice, and advanced programs in the metro.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Maple Grove is rolling 4 lines and all defensemen. Love to see that.

All of their Bantam teams are in their respective state tournaments as well, so, they are going to be relevant for....a while.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
MG got shafted on that late "slashing" call. Dude clearly just dropped his stick. Refs effected the outcome of that game far more than they should have with that call.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
That's kind of what I said regarding Johnson. We barely have enough for JV on any given year.

Don't give Roseau more credit than they deserve - pretty sure I heard they just stay in big schools because they know that way they avoid Warroad every year.
No, Roseau chose class AA because if they win State, they want to win it for real, that's what their coach said when the 2 class system started.

Warroad who many thought may choose the same, stayed in A to avoid Roseau whom they hadn't won against in the section tournament in over a decade at the time.

Last edited:

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Man Moorhead. was anemic tonight. The whole arena ccleared out like half way through.

3 privates left and EP.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Mahtomedi knocks off Hermantown 3-2 in OT to win the A championship.

Well at least the winner from Johnson's section proved themselves.

It was a good game. Mahtomedi really looked tired in that third and were outshot tremendously. I was surprised they won. The ghost of Hermantown (2nd place) past comes back to haunt them again.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Mittelstadt curse? Thought the little Bros might avenge big brother.

Is that Strobel. related to the twin brothers of yesteryear (BBadgers)?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I know it will never happen, but I so wish we could go to a single tournament with the top 16 teams in the state.

Reactions: TaLoN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad