OT: The Off-Topic Thread XX: La fiesta española

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
In case anyone is looking for something to do this weekend...

2020 FIS Freestyle Ski Acro World Cup Moguls - Calgary, Alberta

FIS_world_cup_event_page_20200_b2c4c000-5056-a36a-084ddf1ca97776a3.jpg

Last edited:

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Ugh I've had a horrible cough and cold off and on for like 7-8 weeks already. WTF is this thing that won't go away? If I never return, it might have been something that was older than Coronavirus that got me.

:surrender

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Ugh I've had a horrible cough and cold off and on for like 7-8 weeks already. WTF is this thing that won't go away? If I never return, it might have been something that was older than Coronavirus that got me.

:surrender
Me too. Mine started the day after Christmas. I didn't get to enjoy those Christmas dinner leftovers at all.. I think I had the flu. Fever, muscle aches, hot one minute and shivering the next, headache, coughing up the gazoo, and a runny nose. And its gone on forever. Its finally starting to clear up.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Me too. Mine started the day after Christmas. I didn't get to enjoy those Christmas dinner leftovers at all.. I think I had the flu. Fever, muscle aches, hot one minute and shivering the next, headache, coughing up the gazoo, and a runny nose. And its gone on forever. Its finally starting to clear up.

I hope yours clears up.

Mine started up somewhere around American thanksgiving. Absolutely ridiculous. I've gone to the doctors twice just in case and it's always, "Sorry bruv, it's viral. Seeing a lot this year. Sleep more, liquids, treat symptoms as best as you can... the only thing I can say is to endure." Which really sucks because I'm insanely busy and a few weeks sickness, sure. But like 2+ months later? Come on! :mad: damn you mother nature!

It's pretty much been 2-3 weeks sick, 1 week ok, then back to sick. I'm probably on the 3rd or 4th cycle of being sick, sometimes to the point of bed ridden and I usually don't get that sick. :(

EDIT: Geez might be closer to 10 weeks sick now. It's crazy January is almost over.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I hope yours clears up.

Mine started up somewhere around American thanksgiving. Absolutely ridiculous. I've gone to the doctors twice just in case and it's always, "Sorry bruv, it's viral. Seeing a lot this year. Sleep more, liquids, treat symptoms as best as you can... the only thing I can say is to endure." Which really sucks because I'm insanely busy and a few weeks sickness, sure. But like 2+ months later? Come on! :mad: damn you mother nature!

It's pretty much been 2-3 weeks sick, 1 week ok, then back to sick. I'm probably on the 3rd or 4th cycle of being sick, sometimes to the point of bed ridden and I usually don't get that sick. :(

EDIT: Geez might be closer to 10 weeks sick now. It's crazy January is almost over.
I find the worst part is the coughing.. all night long. You just can't get s decent night's sleep. It got so bad I was sleeping in the spare bedroom so my wife could sleep. Lathering Vicks Vapor Rub on my chest helped a bit though. All those menthol vapors cut down on the coughing met night's. Overloading on Advil extra strength helped with the aches and pains too. I rarely get sick so every medication in my medicine cabinet was expired. The local pharmacy has made a fortune off of me these past weeks. Thankfully I'm feeling almost back to normal.

Reactions: Fig

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
I find the worst part is the coughing.. all night long. You just can't get s decent night's sleep. It got so bad I was sleeping in the spare bedroom so my wife could sleep. Lathering Vicks Vapor Rub on my chest helped a bit though. All those menthol vapors cut down on the coughing met night's. Overloading on Advil extra strength helped with the aches and pains too. I rarely get sick so every medication in my medicine cabinet was expired. The local pharmacy has made a fortune off of me these past weeks. Thankfully I'm feeling almost back to normal.

Yes that fricken incessant coughing. Makes my head feel like it's going to explode due to the strain and also contributes to other random pains in the body as it braces for the coughing fits.

I do similar stuff to what you're doing, but I also use a warm bean bag on the chest and neck which also kinda helps. Expired medicine still works though if it's dry pills. You might just want to double up the dosage for any reduction in its efficacy over the years. Also using a power lifting belt to make sure I don't tweak my back during a coughing fit.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Yes that fricken incessant coughing. Makes my head feel like it's going to explode due to the strain and also contributes to other random pains in the body as it braces for the coughing fits.

I do similar stuff to what you're doing, but I also use a warm bean bag on the chest and neck which also kinda helps. Expired medicine still works though if it's dry pills. You might just want to double up the dosage for any reduction in its efficacy over the years. Also using a power lifting belt to make sure I don't tweak my back during a coughing fit.
Did you or do you have diarrhea? Thats the worst thing to have when you're coughing a lung out. I had it. Had to change my pjs and the bed sheets more than once. It was embarrassing.

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
No I did not have that symptom. If I ever felt the onset of something like that going on, as a friend once put it, immodium is like putting a cork in your butt.

There's also the pink stuff that goes with that catchy song and dance.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
No I did not have that symptom. If I ever felt the onset of something like that going on, as a friend once put it, immodium is like putting a cork in your butt.

There's also the pink stuff that goes with that catchy song and dance.
Unfortunately it sometimes happens even before you are aware of it. In bed, feeling nauseous, no energy, then coughing fit... and then... oh crap. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad