OT: The Off-Topic Thread sponsored by Hank Scorpio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Carry on my wayward posters, carry on past the noise and confusion, see beyond the illusion...

latest

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Same but just like everything thats good, it got over saturated. shame really.

Skylanders for the win. They were big when my oldest was ~6 yrs old and they were great to play with him. Simple enough for kids to pick up and play, the writing was tight enough for me to enjoy the story elements and also just pick up and play and not be horrible. Then they came out with a new Skylanders game (along with fifty different figurines) every year...

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
I know you wanted the Dallas Cowboys, but here is the Denver Broncos.

What’s funny is that after that episode, the Cowboys fell way the hell off and the Broncos became a team of badasses

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
For you guys missing Guitar Hero, there's new versions coming out that will actually teach you how to play guitar.

Rocksmith+ - Learn to Play the Guitar & Bass | Ubisoft (US)

Rocksmith+ is going to be Guitar Hero but you know, you won't have to have a little toy guitar. You can actually level up a real life skill and that seems rad as hell.

I used to play a bit (both real guitar poorly and Guitar Hero moderately) so this is on my radar for sure.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
For you guys missing Guitar Hero, there's new versions coming out that will actually teach you how to play guitar.

Rocksmith+ - Learn to Play the Guitar & Bass | Ubisoft (US)

Rocksmith+ is going to be Guitar Hero but you know, you won't have to have a little toy guitar. You can actually level up a real life skill and that seems rad as hell.

I used to play a bit (both real guitar poorly and Guitar Hero moderately) so this is on my radar for sure.
I've played the original Rocksmith. It's a pretty neat learning tool.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
I've played the original Rocksmith. It's a pretty neat learning tool.

Was that one good? I don't know much about it. I saw they were really hyping this new one as being a big step forward but I'm not sure the difference.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
@tsweeney from the previous thread: yes, Wilson's is the chit and I stop there to add some cheese flab every time I venture north. The curds rate very highly in my book.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
@tsweeney from the previous thread: yes, Wilson's is the chit and I stop there to add some cheese flab every time I venture north. The curds rate very highly in my book.

Bullshit Pinconning Cheese House tried to weasel them out by getting the building closer to 75. Wilsons is so much better. If you stop at exit 181 to go there, go for the cheese shoppe with the mouse statue outside. Don't get fooled by those Cheese House losers.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Interesting. The hope is to do a UP vacation next month; I'll have to convince the family that exit 181 on I-75 is a good place to take 5.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
After being frustrated by the sudden influx of posters of other fanbases trying to trade for Tyler Bertuzzi, only AFTER missing the whole year due to injury, I was inspired to make a meme:
TyBmeMe2.png

YpsiWings

Feb 5, 2016
Quick tech question, my wife and I just PCS’d to Kansas and getting a new internet plan. Is 150 Mbps enough, or should I go up to 500 Mbps? Just the two of us in the house, and will both be gaming occasionally. She likes Minecraft on her computer and I am on the PS4 until I can find a 5 for a reasonable price. 90% sports games (NHL, The Show, 2k) but also loved GTA5 and RDR2, so obviously lag is a big problem. Is 150 plenty or should I go for the 500?

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Quick tech question, my wife and I just PCS’d to Kansas and getting a new internet plan. Is 150 Mbps enough, or should I go up to 500 Mbps? Just the two of us in the house, and will both be gaming occasionally. She likes Minecraft on her computer and I am on the PS4 until I can find a 5 for a reasonable price. 90% sports games (NHL, The Show, 2k) but also loved GTA5 and RDR2, so obviously lag is a big problem. Is 150 plenty or should I go for the 500?

150 is more than enough for the 2 of you.

Reactions: YpsiWings

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
150 is more than enough for the 2 of you.

I'll second this, @YpsiWings . Your bandwidth is usually only useful for straight download speeds. Two people gaming or streaming won't clog 150. Netflix caps out at like 50 and gaming uses a fraction of that.

The most important thing with lag isn't bandwidth but ping. How fast you rapidly send tiny data back at forth. Whether you buy the 150 or 500, it won't change your ping or lag in a game. I've learned through experience that the stability of a connection is way more important than raw speed when it comes to my games. The speed is only useful when downloading the game.

Reactions: YpsiWings

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'll second this, @YpsiWings . Your bandwidth is usually only useful for straight download speeds. Two people gaming or streaming won't clog 150. Netflix caps out at like 50 and gaming uses a fraction of that.

The most important thing with lag isn't bandwidth but ping. How fast you rapidly send tiny data back at forth. Whether you buy the 150 or 500, it won't change your ping or lag in a game. I've learned through experience that the stability of a connection is way more important than raw speed when it comes to my games. The speed is only useful when downloading the game.

I'm not a gamer, nor aspire to be one, but...is this good, avg. or sub-par ?

(SpeedOf.Me) test

Avg Download:
122.28 Mbps

Avg Upload:
6.17 Mbps

Avg Latency:
36.5 ms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad