Proposal: The not going to happen Crosby move

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I was looking at how dread full the Pens season was going this year and this popped into my head although I think the chances of it happening are about 0.01%.

But it's a Ray Bourque situation, albeit Crosby does have 3 SC's

That being said would joe Sakic and Dubas do this trade?

Crosby to Avs

Avs send Johansen, Bryam, 24 first and Calum Ritchie to the Pens.

Any thoughts?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
I was looking at how dread full the Pens season was going this year and this popped into my head although I think the chances of it happening are about 0.01%.

Crosby to Avs

Any thoughts?
I’d demand 50% retention for that++. But deal never happens so pointless convo.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
From the 300th dude who still thinks joe sakic is the gm

price for Crosby looks appropriately steep but gotta retain sal
Disclaimer I don't follow GMs and the Avs coach is an unknown to me as well even though I have looked him up numerous times.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Crosby to Bruins would be the move.
It would suck to see. But would be such a smart move by them.
That was proposed by a TSN podcast a couple weeks ago no? Bruins need a first line center, etc.
The only teams beside Pittsburgh I could see Crosby playing for are the Avs to role with Nate or the Habs as his boyhood team, where maybe Crosby and Letang go there if the Habs are more competitive in a year or two.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
the low effort factor on this effin guy
Equally low effort in evaluating the trade, maybe the money needs a bit of tweaking.

That was proposed by a TSN podcast a couple weeks ago no? Bruins need a first line center, etc.
The only teams beside Pittsburgh I could see Crosby playing for are the Avs to role with Nate or the Habs as his boyhood team, where maybe Crosby and Letang go there if the Habs are more competitive in a year or two.
I think the Mack connection and proximity of the Avs to being a SC contender and more desirable assets makes the Avs the most likely location in this very unlikely scenario.

The bottom line is that the Pens are at the end of the line and without retooling they are in horrible shape.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
I’d want 3 1st round picks as a starting point, plus a good prospect or 2.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
I'd love to see Sid and Nate together but Johansen lmfao that ain't it

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
It really does make sense to blow it up. That rebuild will go so quickly with like 8 first round picks from 4 players

Reactions: Jacob

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
I'd love to see Sid and Nate together but Johansen lmfao that ain't it
It's funny you zone in on Johanson who is obviously a cap dump and ignore the actual assets going the other way in 1st, Byram and Ritchie lol.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
It's funny you zone in on Johanson who is obviously a cap dump and ignore the actual assets going the other way in 1st, Byram and Ritchie lol.
nobody wants your garbage dumped on them

Asinine

yer opinion is wrong
Feb 28, 2013
I’d want 3 1st round picks as a starting point, plus a good prospect or 2.
This trade would only ever happen if Crosby requested it. If Dubas honors the request he will not be in a position to be asking for the moon.

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
If Crosby was available, nobody would beat Rutherford and Allvin's offer.

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
He's only there to offset the salary, the value for the Pens is in the 1st, Ritchie and Bryam
Yeah you're gonna have to give up something the Avs actually care about. A low end 1st round pick, decent Dman and question mark ain't it. You're asking the Pens to give up one of the all time greats you are gonna pay for it.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
I’d be very surprised to see him punt his chances of winning for the feel good story of playing with the Habs. Unless he already knows it’s his final year, but even then he’s such a gamer that I’d think it’d be very unlikely.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Yeah you're gonna have to give up something the Avs actually care about. A low end 1st round pick, decent Dman and question mark ain't it. You're asking the Pens to give up one of the all time greats you are gonna pay for it.
You obviously don't know very much about Bryam or Ritchie.

Avs could also include or switch Gulyayev in there.

there are the one team with the assets and SC chances to make this a possibility IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: tfwnogf

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

Crosby to Avs

Any thoughts?
Monty Python General Direction GIF - Monty Python General Direction Holy  Grail - Discover & Share GIFs

Monty Python General Direction GIF - Monty Python General Direction Holy  Grail - Discover & Share GIFs

200w.gif ?cid=6c09b9527tsxlh7jwazqccascxegjuna26pnaefr84gegl2j&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w. gif&ct=g

Reactions: tfwnogf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad