The "no mentioning undrafted players" rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Should we keep it as it is?

This is how it's been the last few drafts (correct me if I'm wrong):

• Don't mention an undrafted player by name in the main draft thread if there is any chance whatsoever of him being drafted.
  • Don't even hint at an undrafted player in a way that would influence another GM - example - "I can't believe a certain two-way center is available!"
  • In the "bios thread," you can talk about undrafted players to you heart's content in the context of a biography of your player.

**BillyShoe's vote should be switched...+1 for Yes and -1 for No***

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
nobody needs to apologize.

if a forum-specific rule is going to be in effect for the duration of the draft, it should be something that GMs actually want.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
As a rookie GM, I would benefit the most if people drop some names for me. But for the sake of keeping the discussion civil, I vote for this rule to take effect in this draft.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
As a rookie GM, I would benefit the most if people drop some names for me. But for the sake of keeping the discussion civil, I vote for this rule to take effect in this draft.

I voted yes and tanala pm me if you ever want to know where to pick a guy.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
As long as bios don't have the restriction then I don't care.

It was silly in the past when people were obscuring player names in bios because it ruined some of their usefulness.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Take it to PMs! That isa great place to discuss undrafteds with someone. Ask questions! Dare to compare. Active thinking.

It's a learning process...

I will surely do that. Never really been sending out a lot of PM's, but this will definitely change the habit. :nod:

I already have a list of posters thought out, who to contact when in need. I also would like to think that I am not entirely depended on others, but that I can bring some value to the discussion too.

But as said, it's a learning process.

I voted yes and tanala pm me if you ever want to know where to pick a guy.

Thanks, I haven't gotten around to actually sending it yet, but I have few questions for you. Mainly about the importance of positional drafting. But I won't bore this thread with it. I'll send you a PM about it.

Just tell me if I keep bothering you too much.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I will surely do that. Never really been sending out a lot of PM's, but this will definitely change the habit. :nod:

I already have a list of posters thought out, who to contact when in need. I also would like to think that I am not entirely depended on others, but that I can bring some value to the discussion too.

But as said, it's a learning process.

Thanks, I haven't gotten around to actually sending it yet, but I have few questions for you. Mainly about the importance of positional drafting. But I won't bore this thread with it. I'll send you a PM about it.

Just tell me if I keep bothering you too much.

No worries, here to help, always around. This goes for all the new GM's, you have a ? feel free to pass it along.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I took the liberty to vote only to find out it didn't matter.It's really annoying when you have a guy in mind that you think people might not look into until your pick only to have someone flat out mentioning him, bringing his name to the attention of the whole crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00