• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Finally, Today’s the day.

EDIT: Poll added. This is who we think the Canes will draft, not who we want them to draft.

EDIT II: Here are the Canes picks as of today
Round 1: 13OA (from TOR)
Round 2: 41OA (from NYR), 53OA
Round 3: 69OA (from BUF),
Round 4: 115 OA
Round 5: 140 OA (from MTL)
Round 6: No picks (traded to TOR in Marleau deal)
Round 7: 199 OA (from TOR), 208

Reference:
TSN/McKenzie's final ranking
Bob McKenzie's Final Ranking: Lafreniere the surest thing in most uncertain draft year - TSN.ca

TSN/Button's final ranking
Craig's List: Jamie Drysdale, Yaroslav Askarov move up in final edition - TSN.ca

mynhldraft mock draft
2020 NHL Mock Draft | 2020 NHL Draft | NHL Draft

ISS final ranking
ISS Top 31 - Top Prospect Rankings

NHL Central Scouting North American Skaters
2020 Draft Prospect Rankings | NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

NHL Central Scouting European Skaters
2020 Draft Prospect Rankings | NHL Draft Prospect Rankings

Pronman's final rankings:
2020 NHL Draft Board: Corey Pronman's final top 131 prospects

Last edited:

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Askarov > Jarvis > Quinn > Lundell = Amirov > Borque = Lapierre

Would be my preference. Outside chance that Rossi or Perfetti falls IMO.

I wonder if we see more trades throughout the day rather than on the virtual Draft floor. Both because of the lack of facetime and also because Bettman won't want to save trades for the Draft as things are hairier in the Zoom setting.

I guessed Seider would go to Detroit or Buffalo last year and this year I'm guessing Yzerman picks Askarov at #4.

Last edited:

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think we get Jarvis or Quinn since I don't actually expect Askarov to be there at 13.

I'll let myself be disappointed when Askarov is picked in the top 10. I will be frustrated if they pass on Askarov at 13, though.

Hoping one of Askarov, Jarvis, or Quinn drops. Don't hold out much hope for Lundell falling.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I would like to see Bean or Fleury dealt for #20 or another other mid/late 1st. Similar to the Gauthier deal - kick the can down the expansion draft road. Would be nice to have another crack at a Holloway, Khusnutdinov, Amirov, or Wallinder in that range.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Askarov > Jarvis > Quinn > Lundell = Amirov > Borque = Lapierre

Would be my preference. Outside chance that Rossi or Perfetti falls IMO.

I wonder if we see more trades throughout the day rather than on the virtual Draft floor. Both because of the lack of facetime and also because Bettman won't want to save trades for the Draft as things are hairier in the Zoom setting.
Lapierre is crawling back up mocks because of his strong QMJHL start. If he is truly a top 5 talent, I would take him.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Even though I don't know anything about the prospects, this draft to me is one of the more interesting under this new regime. Their first draft, Svech was an obvious choice. Last year, expectations were low with the 28th pick so I didn't expect any sort of impact player there, even though it can happen.

This year is one where we have a chance to get more of an impact player as it's a deep draft with the 13th pick. Yeah, it's still a bit of a crap shoot, but there's more intrigue with this pick, if they don't trade it.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Lapierre is crawling back up mocks because of his strong QMJHL start. If he is truly a top 5 talent, I would take him.

Lapierre is a huge risk. Top-10 talent as a natural center. But do you want to be the team who takes Nolan Patrick and have him sidelined while Heiskanen, Makar, and Pettersson are key contributors? Feels like one big hit could take Lapierre out for another year.

I'd be nervously excited if the Canes made that gamble. I'd be happier if a Florida or Minnesota made it before the Canes picked.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Lapierre is a huge risk. Top-10 talent as a natural center. But do you want to be the team who takes Nolan Patrick and have him sidelined while Heiskanen, Makar, and Pettersson are key contributors? Feels like one big hit could take Lapierre out for another year.

I'd be nervously excited if the Canes made that gamble. I'd be happier if a Florida or Minnesota made it before the Canes picked.
Valid point. 2 more years in the Q and he'll probably be fine.

If his injury truly was one big hit that was exacerbated by a misdiagnosis then Im confident in the team making the pick. We cant predict the one big hit that alters a player's career (Skinner) or if a guy is going to have a migraine disorder (Patrick).

CanesFanBudMan

Borg member
Jun 14, 2016
Valid point. 2 more years in the Q and he'll probably be fine.

If his injury truly was one big hit that was exacerbated by a misdiagnosis then Im confident in the team making the pick. We cant predict the one big hit that alters a player's career (Skinner) or if a guy is going to have a migraine disorder (Patrick).
Have the canes ever had a regular contributor who came from the Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad