OT: The New Thread About Nuthin

Status
Not open for further replies.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Jim isnt it ironic that Robs band was called Catherine Wheel, while the band his cousin Bruce was in is called Iron Maiden! both are torture devices !!!

It's not really that surprising. We British steep ourselves in our dark ages past, me lord. Streets/pubs/civic buildings named after horrific historic events is very common.

Kids are still taught ring-a-ring-a-rosey at school... Being a British child is very macabre. No wonder we spawned heavy metal.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
It's not really that surprising. We British steep ourselves in our dark ages past, me lord. Streets/pubs/civic buildings named after horrific historic events is very common.

Kids are still taught ring-a-ring-a-rosey at school... Being a British child is very macabre. No wonder we spawned heavy metal.

Reactions: The 29th Pick

Saucerhead Tharpe

Jul 18, 2021
TunFaire
Never in my years did I think I would read about Catherine Wheel on a hockey forum. Huzzah! If you haven't already, check out the LP "Ferment." It's pretty stinking good.

Reactions: Oneiro

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Howard Hill was a legendary archer...His feats were so amazing the stories almost seem fake. Hill won 198 NFAA (National Field Archers Association) archery events in a row. He never lost an event. It's unimaginable, it's like a pro golfer undefeated for 10 or so years.

Hill was so amazing Sports Illustrated even named him the 28th greatest Athlete from Alabama in their 50 best from 50 states. Think how many incredible athletes have come from Alabama and an Archer makes that list? The 50 greatest sports figures of the century from each of the 50 states

Here is one his many stories...Pretty cool stuff.

And another - A younger Howard

Last edited:

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
so brian laundrie killed her and then killed himself. a little anti-climatic but whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad