OT: The New Sidebar (FAQ and Feedback)

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
I actually frequently find myself fleeing the site in order to get away from it.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
OK, news:

The plan is, eventually, at some unknown date, to upgrade the entire platform. The when and how, why's and wherefore's, all yet to be determined. At such time, they will find a way to integrate the whole sidebar idea into the interface in a less intrusive manner. Until that happens we'll all have to deal with that thing. Use your own lights as to how you will personally deal with it until then.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
Great planning.

Lets just add this horribly designed thing now, and fix it later!

If they are planning upgrade the entire platform it would have been a great time to introduce the info in the sidebar.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
That's what I told my wife about my workout plan.

47584801.jpg

littleD

OK, news:

The plan is, eventually, at some unknown date, to upgrade the entire platform. The when and how, why's and wherefore's, all yet to be determined. At such time, they will find a way to integrate the whole sidebar idea into the interface in a less intrusive manner. Until that happens we'll all have to deal with that thing. Use your own lights as to how you will personally deal with it until then.

This is awful.

Details, dates, just get rid of the thing.

There is no way that piece of **** gets integrated properly into the site. Not in a million years.

Where do we properly complain about it?

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
This is awful.

Details, dates, just get rid of the thing.

There is no way that piece of **** gets integrated properly into the site. Not in a million years.

Where do we properly complain about it?

I wish I knew myself, for sure, where one could do that. For now, I know some people have voiced their complaints in the support forum here. Alternatively, [email protected] may be the best place to direct any further complaints though I'm not terribly sure. They might at least be able to direct your complaint to the proper inbox.

And no, I don't like it, but along with the skepticism and criticism, important to acknowledge that people are working on it and they should know full well, by now surely, what a negative effect this has had on some of the users here. They have their reasons for taking this step when they did, I'm sure.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Updating from VBulletin 3.x is long overdue.

3.x was released over a decade ago, all the
3 second "we are posting your post" pages
and 3 second "search in progress"
and "only 1 search every 30 seconds" permitted pages
were intended for servers that could handle next to nothing in the early 00's.

Makes the sites UX extremely annoying tbh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad