The New and Improved Lounge Thread (Contains a list of OT sections)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
As you can see the Lounge thread has been changed to become more user/reader friendly for both the posters, and for those that moderate them. With these changes, some of the sticky threads that you are used to seeing have been moved here to create space.

Now you will have several choices to go through when you'd like to post a question. This hopefully will reduce the clutter that we had before by having all of the OT topics mixed together in one all purpose thread.

Moving forward, we (mods) are now going to close your OT thread and post a link to the thread that it should be in. What this means is, if you post your question on the main board, we are not going to merge it for you. Your thread will simply be closed, and you will have to re-post your question in the thread that the moderator provides.

This will hopefully help cut down on the needless merging and allow the threads to flow much more smoothly.

**Note: I've used a lot of older threads and just changed the titles when setting this up. The reason for this is creating new threads for each of these topics (all at the same time) would have cluttered up our main board. As these older threads reach 1000 posts, they will be closed and new threads created to replace them. If we see there is a problem with this, we will slowly start to replace them a couple at a time before they reach 1000 posts**

If there are any categories that you would like to see added to this list. Feel free to send me a message, if they are reasonable, they will be added.

HFBoards hockey team/pick up games/garage leagues:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=618345

Habs Board Digital Artwork Thread (Show us your Photoshops!):

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=775754

Get To Know The HFBoard Forum Members:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=809542

College/University Questions: If your question involves College or University, or Schools in general. Post your questions in this thread:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=915543

Technical Questions: Have a question about internet providers, cell phone carriers, what television to buy etc..., post it here.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=809143

#HFHabs chatroom:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=682150

Automobile Questions

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=832201

French Language Questions

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=829596

Habs HF members on twitter

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=891943

UFC Thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=920175

Boxing Thread

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=892553

General Questions: If you're not sure where to post a non Habs board related question. Or if you just want to chat about non hockey things with your fellow posters. Post here in the thread below this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
The last thread was closing in on 1000 posts. Since the set up is the same, I just moved the OP to create a new thread.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
How's the baby doing? How are you guys keeping up?

The baby is doing great, she's at the point now where she's almost sleeping through the night. So far so good, though I will admit that I'm a lot more tired than I thought I would be. My wife on the other hand has been like the energizer bunny. I'm amazed at how fast she's bounced back after the pregnancy.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
The baby is doing great, she's at the point now where she's almost sleeping through the night. So far so good, though I will admit that I'm a lot more tired than I thought I would be. My wife on the other hand has been like the energizer bunny. I'm amazed at how fast she's bounced back after the pregnancy.

Team work! As long as you can manage with the pooping, peeing and puking, you'll do just fine. My nephew pooped on my bed once... let's just say he's not guaranteed a spot on my will...

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
Team work! As long as you can manage with the pooping, peeing and puking, you'll do just fine. My nephew pooped on my bed once... let's just say he's not guaranteed a spot on my will...

That's a good way to describe it (pooping, peeing and puking). So far that's what we're doing. We try and split things down the middle as much as possible. Except for feeding, I don't quite have the equipment for that. Haha, I would never change my daughter on my bed, atleast not on my side anyways. :)

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Golf club sets

I never thought I'd be saying this, but after my first taste of Golf yesterday, I think I found a new part-time hobby...

I've been doing a bit of research to determine what brand of Golf clubs to get, but with so many options out there, and the fact that you can pretty much spend as little or as much as you want, I felt like I could use some advice.

I understand that beginners like myself cannot fully appreciate the quality of the top brands (Ping, Mizuno, Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra) vs. the mid-range or even the more affordable brands, but I'd like to know that I'm getting something decent for the money I'm willing to spend (let's say around $300 for a complete set + bag -> could go a bit higher for an amazing deal)

I know that I probably can't afford graphite clubs in that price range, but after a quick trip to the closest Golf Town, modern steel clubs should do just fine.

I eagerly await your wisdom and am looking forward to being schooled on the subject

L4vK

Nov 25, 2009
Echecks

I want to cash out from Pokerstars and I have some problems whit echecks.
I went to desjardin bank in person and the girl was clueless about that.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/echecks/

But the problem is that the picture does NOT have the same orders as mine so it does not work.

Mines are (exemple)

12345''123 123"123'1

on their exemple it is

''123'' 12345'' 123'' 1234 ''123456''

HELP :(

Thanks guys

White Spy

Spy vs Blades
Jun 26, 2008
I never thought I'd be saying this, but after my first taste of Golf yesterday, I think I found a new part-time hobby...

I've been doing a bit of research to determine what brand of Golf clubs to get, but with so many options out there, and the fact that you can pretty much spend as little or as much as you want, I felt like I could use some advice.

I understand that beginners like myself cannot fully appreciate the quality of the top brands (Ping, Mizuno, Taylormade, Callaway, Titleist, Cobra) vs. the mid-range or even the more affordable brands, but I'd like to know that I'm getting something decent for the money I'm willing to spend (let's say around $300 for a complete set + bag -> could go a bit higher for an amazing deal)

I know that I probably can't afford graphite clubs in that price range, but after a quick trip to the closest Golf Town, modern steel clubs should do just fine.

I eagerly await your wisdom and am looking forward to being schooled on the subject

Totally untrue. In fact, if I were to recommend an set to a beginner, it would be the Callaway x22. Great set for beginners; very forgiving, and a great overall set. That or the Nike Machspeed. Either way, my point was to not be fooled... there are top brands that make sets for beginners. :nod:

Good luck and try not to become a junkie like me.. :laugh:

Edit:

Btw, if you're unsure about the set, you can either lookup a review, or even try them out at Golf Town on the sim, if you're willing to spend a little more for new clubs that is. Otherwise, you can just look 'em up on a review site.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
That's a good way to describe it (pooping, peeing and puking). So far that's what we're doing. We try and split things down the middle as much as possible. Except for feeding, I don't quite have the equipment for that. Haha, I would never change my daughter on my bed, atleast not on my side anyways. :)

This part made me spit out my coffee. When I use to change my first son on our bed, I would always position him on my side, with him facing my wife's side of the bed. So if he decided to turn the hose on, my wife's side would become the water bed and not mine. :laugh:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009
Totally untrue. In fact, if I were to recommend an set to a beginner, it would be the Callaway x22. Great set for beginners; very forgiving, and a great overall set. That or the Nike Machspeed. Either way, my point was to not be fooled... there are top brands that make sets for beginners. :nod:

Good luck and try not to become a junkie like me.. :laugh:

Edit:

Btw, if you're unsure about the set, you can either lookup a review, or even try them out at Golf Town on the sim, if you're willing to spend a little more for new clubs that is. Otherwise, you can just look 'em up on a review site.

Goes to show how little I know. Many thanks, I'll look these models up

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
This part made me spit out my coffee. When I use to change my first son on our bed, I would always position him on my side, with him facing my wife's side of the bed. So if he decided to turn the hose on, my wife's side would become the water bed and not mine. :laugh:

Haha, I really like the way you think. :handclap:

Paul Dipietro

Dec 16, 2009

I've had my eye on these from Golf Town

http://www.golftown.com/Wilson-ProStaff-LCG-11pc-Set-Steel-P4140.aspx

$279 for a complete set sounds about right to me. I know the price could go down at the end of the season, but assuming it hovers around that mark, anyone know why I shouldn't go with these, and even better could they recommend another set in the same price range?

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal

I've changed my daughter on both side but for some reason she only peed and spit up on my wife's side of the bed.:laugh:

What sucks even more is changing the sheets at like 3am during a week night, now that's tough:cry:

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I've changed my daughter on both side but for some reason she only peed and spit up on my wife's side of the bed.:laugh:

What sucks even more is changing the sheets at like 3am during a week night, now that's tough:cry:

Sounds like you have a great kid. :laugh:

Ouch, I'm not looking forward to that. I think I'd probably leave it and go sleep on the couch. :)

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
Blockbuster Canada Going out of business by October 1st; hoard. Now

Firesales :handclap::handclap::handclap:

Blockbuster Canada stores to close

QMI Agency

First posted: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 08:17 PM EDT | Updated: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 08:24 PM EDT
Blockbuster In June, about 150 underperforming Blockbuster outlets were closed, and the company’s remaining 253 stores continued to operate as the receiver looked for a suitable buyer. (LAURA PEDERSEN/QMI Agency Files)

Change text size for the story
Print this story

Report an error
More Coverage

Goodbye Blockbuster, hello YouTube

Blockbuster Canada will be closing its doors and shutting down its stores, the group overseeing the chain’s receivership proceedings said Wednesday.

Grant Thornton Ltd. said in a news release that it is seeking an order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice to close the company’s remaining stores and wind down operations.

The accounting firm was appointed receiver for the video chain in May.

Later in the month, Grant Thornton announced that it would be closing some of Blockbuster’s stores and putting the rest up for sale.

In June, about 150 underperforming Blockbuster outlets were closed, and the company’s remaining 253 stores continued to operate as the receiver looked for a suitable buyer.

A suitable buyer could not be found, Grant Thornton said, and at a hearing on Sept. 6 it will recommend to the court that the chain’s Canadian business wind down.

“We appreciate the ongoing support and wish to thank Blockbuster Canada Co.’s employees, customers, suppliers and other stakeholders during this difficult period,” said Grant Thornton’s Michael Creber in a release.

neofury*

I've been saying this would happen for years. Can't say I'm the least bit surprised.

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
I want to cash out from Pokerstars and I have some problems whit echecks.
I went to desjardin bank in person and the girl was clueless about that.

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/real-money/echecks/

But the problem is that the picture does NOT have the same orders as mine so it does not work.

Mines are (exemple)

12345''123 123"123'1

on their exemple it is

''123'' 12345'' 123'' 1234 ''123456''

HELP :(

Thanks guys

just request a real cheque mailed to you.. if it's over 1k , it'll be at your door in 48 hours (2 business days).

airlouche

Jan 24, 2008
Laval
Mayweather vs Ortiz

Hi guys,

I used to get stream on myp2pforum but it is closed. Anyone knows other site where I can find sports streams?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad