"The MSG Hockey Show"

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
1. Will YOU watch? How often do you think you will?

2. What are your expectations?

3. How long will it last? Or, maybe better said.....how long before it gets canned?

4. Will this thread last? Or.......find a page 3?

Anyway, I think this might be a fun kind of a thread orcomments on the show, likes and dislikes.

My answers are......

#1. I'll give it a fair shake
#2. Not too much, but might be enjoyable as long as it's about the Rangers with NO mentioning of the Knicks!
#3 Maybe a year or 2.

Answer to question #4..........I'm hoping it becomes a really fun thread. Let's give it a shot!

Last edited:

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
I just want to know the story behind what looks like a SUPER obvious reference to the Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job the one dude makes. It's so obscure for the majority of anyone who sees that commercial but they left it in there anyway.

You 'Orns!
Feb 11, 2004
Mannahatta
I was fine with Hockey Night Live
Does this show replace Hockey Night Live? I thought it was a more light-hearted supplement.

I'm probably not going to watch, at least the first broadcast (better things to do with my Friday nights than sit watching TV), but I actually would like to support getting more hockey-focussed programming on NY TV.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
not my thing, i watch the games,
i follow the NHL on the web/twitter/etc, watch NHL network a little

usually don't even watch pre-, post- or intermission shows,
or the nongame content on NBCSN

10 years ago, there was a need, but now so much hockey info is all around

what are they gonna tell us we dont already know?
dont really care about Grabner's favorite band or what Clendening puts on his hot dog

certainly don't care what those guys might say about popular culture or current events

i won't watch often, i don't think it will last,
i wish they'd bring back SportsDesk

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Will Reeve being all grown up makes me feel old.

It looks like it could be fun but they're really trying a little too hard with all the promos and airtime to show, hey, we've got three wild and crazy guys.

Ir probably goes like 2-3 years. Most MSG shows are fairly entertaining, not must watch tv but if they're on, ok cool, I'll check 'em out.

MSG Sportsdesk was the greatest. Bob Page made me laugh as a child. Wish he'd get brought back but the Dolans hate him. Second city he basically got kicked out of. Detroit in the 80s. I will always remember when the Rangers traded Jay Wells to St. Louis and got Doug Lidster back when Page said "Talk about trading Tweedle Dee For Tweedle Dumb."

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
It looks like it's going to be uncomfortably bad. Three guys trying too hard to just be "bros" and so laid back and funny! while not actually being any of that. I can tell from the commercials and the interviews they did on MSG. It's gonna be 3 dudes trying so hard but the audience being uncomfortable.

I guess we will see though. It also has the vibe of wanting to give Christopher Reeve's son a show on the network. So they have the former player, the sports show host with experience and the young kid. I guess it depends on their chemistry. Everything deserves a chance before making up your mind, but I'm not overly encouraged by the bits they've shown.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
Always feels like Anson Carter tries too hard. It's weird. Throw in some Trautwig and McGuire (who I actually kinda like) interviews for more awkwardness. :laugh:

This will be our version of the Habs' 'Antichambre' that sucks, if you understand French, I guess.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
The way it's been promoted reminds me of that Family Guy episode where they broke character and made fun of the little pop up adds for other shows in the corner of the TV "Ok Fox, so now you have two 20-something males one black one white standing with their arms crossed back to back with comfortable yet awkward weekly adventures"

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is it possible to watch this in Europe? If not, it's another reason to be ****ing pissed. I am already missing the MSG Beginnings and other shows all the time. I want to watch that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad