The most underrated defensemen in the NHL

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Who doesn't think Fox is a top 5 dman in the league? Unless you think he's the indisputable best in the league, there really isn't much room between how he's perceived and how good he really is
Fox is a top 2 defenseman in the league.

He's a top 5 defenseman every damn year. Being so much more consistent than everyone other than Makar (who probably has higher highs, yet also lower lows) should count for more than it does with most people.

Whether it's Hughes, Hedman, McAvoy, Heiskanen, these guys might occasionally have a better season than Fox, but he deserves more respect for being there every season when these players aren't.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I think guys like Forsling and Verhaeghe are quickly exiting “underrated” territory into just “most know they are stars” territory. It’s great that the OP is discovering the silky Swede but I’d say among the general knowledgeable poster population here - he’s at this point pretty widely known as the best defenseman on a true Cup contender. He’s constantly brought up in underrated lists and you can read post after post of people (rightfully) saying “what a steal of a deal!” in his extension thread.

Reactions: bh53 and redbeardtx

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Fox is a top 2 defenseman in the league.

He's a top 5 defenseman every damn year. Being so much more consistent than everyone other than Makar (who probably has higher highs, yet also lower lows) should count for more than it does with most people.

Whether it's Hughes, Hedman, McAvoy, Heiskanen, these guys might occasionally have a better season than Fox, but he deserves more respect for being there every season when these players aren't.
tell me you're a Rangers fan without telling me you're a....nvm saw your profile pic. Carry on

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Chris Tanev still
Came here to say this (and if my Canucks are out I hope he wins the SC with Dallas) and I've been saying this for a while but people are still sleeping on Bryam.

He will help stabilize the Sabers and they will make the playoffs next year.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Mikey Anderson is underrated, #2D on the third best GA team in 2023/24, plays 20:52 and is only 24, it's not always about points.

Reactions: Chainshot

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I wonder about Bouchard. I don’t think hes the most underrated or anything but not sure he gets the credit he deserves. Same with Ekholm.

Reactions: POVERTY

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Brock Faber, he's on a similar career path as JT Miller to becoming the undisputed GOAT and nobody even knows about him.
Who doesn't know about him? He is a Calder finalist and was a highly rated draft pick coming out the U.

Reactions: Voight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad