OT: The Montreal Screwjob

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
At this point, I like the behind the scenes stories about the wrestling world from the 80s and 90s more than the show itself. Actually I have no interest in the show whatsoever anymore. The booze, the drugs, the pain, and the ridiculous schedule makes for some great stories.

The screwjob has been done to death, but bret hart was a favourite of mine, and he's always good to listen to because he doesn't sugar coat anything.

Whoever produced wrestling with shadows really hit gold. Little could they have known at the time that they were going to cover something that was the magnitude of that screw job.

I agree about the behind the scenes of the 80's and 90's wrestling docs being the most interesting. Those were my eras and so much happened those years with all the great wrestlers, matches, and events that reading or watching something about what was going on being the scenes then is something that really intrigues me.

Which is also why I'm subscribed to podcasts. Pritchard, Ross, Jarrett, Anderson, Bischoff, Cornette, and that group is something I listen to often.

Reactions: BigDaddyLurch

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I saw a Jacques Rougeau bio on TV a while back. He had some great stories about the WWF and beyond. The time he clocked one of the British bulldogs in the locker room was hilarious.

Jacques is such a fun storyteller. He says everything with such enthusiasm. Whether he bullshits you or is saying an honest story, he's saying it with such enthusiasm.

He was part of the Dynamite Kid DSOTR episode because of the backstage issue he had with him.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Jacques is such a fun storyteller. He says everything with such enthusiasm. Whether he bullshits you or is saying an honest story, he's saying it with such enthusiasm.

He was part of the Dynamite Kid DSOTR episode because of the backstage issue he had with him.

Hannibal TV, Monte And The Pharoah , and Boston Wrestling are really good youtube channels if you're looking for shoot interviews and content about the 80's golden era......Just do a youtube search and when you click on the channel just click on the videos link and there's tons of stuff.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad