The MLD 2012 Thread I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'm here. Hopefully, TDMM is too, because I have no idea what the plan is! :naughty:

edit - he's not here, but if he doesn't show up in the next 90 minutes, I'll pick.

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Sherbrooke selects Orest Kindrachuk, C/LW

Me and Dwight have drafted him every MLD, a great leader and defensive forward. He will centre the third line, and be the captain of the Castors.

Someone please notify Dreak and TDMM.

This is the guy I was alluding to when I mentioned there was another guy from that era's Flyers that would be said to play against top lines. Velociraptor did no such thing only calling him a defensive forward though so good for him. I think Kindrachuk was probably used the least out of the three of him, Clarke and Crisp against top lines, mostly because of who he played with. His two wingers as far as I know were more known for their goonery than their defensive skill. Even so, Kindrachuk himself did say (according to his Pelletier file) that they went up against top lines on the road. Having said all of this, Kindrachuk certainly is a good defensive forward.

Now, looking further than just defensively, Kindrachuk was better than Crisp as an overall player. He actually provided a fair amount of offense from a checking role.

It's a good pick here regardless.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
The newest MANIAC is Mark Streit. He's got a really strong 5 year peak in the NHL, but he's also 7 seasons in the Swiss league and nearly 100 games for the Swiss iternational team.

Tony D list-picks Bruce Driver

hobnobs notified via facebook

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Streit played in 10 straight World Chanpionships (11 overall) starting in 1998. He played for Switzerland in the 1998 qualifying round for the Olympics and again in the 2002 Olympics.

Streit tied for second in points among defensemen (behind only Lubomir Vishnevsky) at the 2005 World Championships, which was basically a best-on-best tournament because of the lockout.

Streit was named captain of the Swiss National Team prior to the Turin Olympics and served as their captain and #1 defenseman in both 2006 and 2010. In 2006, he scored a goal in each of Switzerland's upset victories over the Czech Republic and Canada:

This tournament, long recognized for its so-called miracles, is again delivering shock value. When Switzerland defeated the Czech Republic on Thursday, Swiss players hailed it as their country's greatest hockey accomplishment. Forty-eight hours later, they outdid themselves against Canada, the prohibitive gold-medal favorite. "I never thought we could do that," said Mark Streit, the Swiss captain, who also plays for the Montreal Canadiens. "But anything is possible in sports."

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/sports/olympics/19hockey.html

And there's his NHL career

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
Streit played in 10 straight World Chanpionships (11 overall) starting in 1998. He played for Switzerland in the 1998 qualifying round for the Olympics and again in the 2002 Olympics.

Streit tied for second in points among defensemen (behind only Lubomir Vishnevsky) at the 2005 World Championships, which was basically a best-on-best tournament because of the lockout.

Streit was named captain of the Swiss National Team prior to the Turin Olympics and served as their captain and #1 defenseman in both 2006 and 2010. In 2006, he scored a goal in each of Switzerland's upset victories over the Czech Republic and Canada:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/19/sports/olympics/19hockey.html And there's his NHL career

Bill Thoms was a tough break,
But Mike Green's talent ain't no fake,
Devil and Dreak, they ain't meek,
THEY'RE ROCKIN THIS PARTY 8 DAYS A WEEK!

RustyRazor

né Selfish Man
Mar 9, 2004
PNW
With pick #202 the Pittsburgh Hornets select:

Brian Skrudland, C

image.php

Click for seventieslord's MLD10 biography

vecens24

Jun 1, 2009
Also, just as a heads up, VanI do you want to start another thread? We're getting to that point...

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Crisp and Kindrachuk

Terry Crisp and Orest Kindrachuk were effective with the Flyers because they were Bobby Clarke Lite, able to step into his defensive template on the road when the other team had the last change.

Kindrachuk had much better offensive skills but not first line level. Behind Clarke and MacLeish he was protected since he never had to play against the oppositions checking center or checking line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad