The Mantle Of Number 1

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Lalime was a fine goalie.

He was kinda average at best in the regular season but put up some great numbers in the playoffs only to be spoiled by some poor performances that cost the team.

Honestly, Lalime always seemed like somebody that was holding the spot down until something better came along. Not bad enough to get rid of, but not good enough to be 100% happy with.

Ttracer*

Both will be tested early, there will be no shortage of hammond. Barring another injury Anderson is the starter

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He was kinda average at best in the regular season but put up some great numbers in the playoffs only to be spoiled by some poor performances that cost the team.

Honestly, Lalime always seemed like somebody that was holding the spot down until something better came along. Not bad enough to get rid of, but not good enough to be 100% happy with.

I agree, he would play really well & then let in some real stinkers that would cost us not just games but playoff rounds.

I think by the time Ottawa gets all of their pieces in place for a cup run, it could be O'Connor in net that carries this team forward & not Anderson. While we hope Ottawa is a good team this yr, I doubt anyone thinks they are a cup contender.

I think it could be another two to three yrs before they could be a cup contender with a number of new faces including in net. That is, unless Hammond becomes superman again for this team at some point, which I have a hard time believing could happen again But if it does, let's hope it happens in the playoffs & he wins 16 games.

BigBush*

Anderson is the easy choice but since I'm such a Hambuglar fan I'll say the short sample size we saw last year was the real deal and Hammond becomes our #1

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Anderson is the easy choice but since I'm such a Hambuglar fan I'll say the short sample size we saw last year was the real deal and Hammond becomes our #1

If that were to happen, Hammonds recently inked 3-year deal would be the biggest bargain in the league.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Well he is likely the 2nd greatest goalie in Sens history after Mr. Anderson. Hence why I love having a real #1 so much.

I think Hammond will be a Marty Biron, Patty Lalime type of teammate. Loved and respected by the team. Able to play at a decent level. Win some games. Can be a #1 for a stretch but doesn't complain as a backup at all.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Andy will probably be out 15+ games due to injury

If Hammond becomes number 1, we've got a serious problem...

Hammond to me, is almost certainly going to be a one-hit wonder... However, I could end up eating my words (probably unlikely though).

Agree with both. Anderson is going to have his yearly "spa break" around January/February where he'll have a mysterious injury and Hammond will need to take the reins. So to answer the OP's question, Hammond will finish the year. Hope I'm wrong by Andy's act is tried and true.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Agree with both. Anderson is going to have his yearly "spa break" around January/February where he'll have a mysterious injury and Hammond will need to take the reins. So to answer the OP's question, Hammond will finish the year. Hope I'm wrong by Andy's act is tried and true.

Or he doesn't get injured and plays lights out and is a Vezina finalist. Anything can happen and Anderson has played at an incredible rate for an extended period of time in the past.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad