The Mantle Of Number 1

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Now, we all know how good Anderson can be and he seems like he's at the peak of his abilities and could have monster year next year behind healthy Methot and Karlsson and budding Wier/Ceci and potentially Cowen.

But, we've seen Hammond pull out a historic season and consecutively show his ability that people kept claiming he's for real, including some rival and other NHL scouts out there who believe so.

He didn't burn and die down, even after losing streaks he came back and lead us to playoffs until final game, first game he faltered second game he had a great one but wasn't terrific...

Nevertheless, do you think Hammond establishes himself as our number 1 next year ahead of Anderson?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Added poll, it is the offseason after all.

But Anderson hands down is the #1.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
After January, all chicken comes from St Hubert for Anderson.

I think O'Connor is going to bring it in Binghamton and force the team back into a three headed goalie choice at Camp next year.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Unless Hammond becomes Tim Thomas 2.0, this is clearly Anderson's job. Of course stranger things have happened, and people thought the Bruins were nuts when they locked up Thomas to a multiyear deal.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Unless Hammond becomes Tim Thomas 2.0, this is clearly Anderson's job. Of course stranger things have happened, and people thought the Bruins were nuts when they locked up Thomas to a multiyear deal.

It is Anderson unless Hammond is indeed full measure for that long streak. If Hammond is the goalie by year's end it is because he is amazing not because Anderson faltered... So I hope it is Hamburglar... But almost certainly it ends up being Anderson.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Now, we all know how good Anderson can be and he seems like he's at the peak of his abilities and could have monster year next year behind healthy Methot and Karlsson and budding Wier/Ceci and potentially Cowen.

But, we've seen Hammond pull out a historic season and consecutively show his ability that people kept claiming he's for real, including some rival and other NHL scouts out there who believe so.

He didn't burn and die down, even after losing streaks he came back and lead us to playoffs until final game, first game he faltered second game he had a great one but wasn't terrific...

Nevertheless, do you think Hammond establishes himself as our number 1 next year ahead of Anderson?

Looking at hammond's stats i believe he did regress in the few weeks before the playoffs. Still good but he was getting worse

Last 11 games 5 games below 910 save percentage 4 below 900. Still he had a lot of good games but he wasnt as sensational as he was before.

Prior to his last 11 games he never had a game below 920(unless you count the appearance where he got shelled after coming into the game

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Where is the option for O`Connor, weirder things have happened? But since Anderson is signed for another 3 yrs one would have to think it's Anderson at least for another yr or so.

SlapJack

Scum bag Sens
Dec 6, 2010
Hammond had a great run, but he's not THAT good. He'll be a good backup, nothing more.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Looking at hammond's stats i believe he did regress in the few weeks before the playoffs. Still good but he was getting worse

Last 11 games 5 games below 910 save percentage 4 below 900. Still he had a lot of good games but he wasnt as sensational as he was before.

Prior to his last 11 games he never had a game below 920(unless you count the appearance where he got shelled after coming into the game

I liked his last 11 games almost more from determining his future as a backup here because he still won. He let in 2 goals in the first and won. He got injured and wasn't 100% and he played and won. He struggled some game but played a strong third and won.

Winning when you don't have your A game showed a lot to me. Showed me he is strong mentally and pressure, or being behind or letting in some bad goals doesn't break him. He mentally is strong. I bet he handles next year fine and wins more games then he loses. He probably never plays like he did at the start of the streak again... At least not for an entire month. But he can play in the NHL and never beat himself and even with his B or C stuff can still win. I think he will be a great backup.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
If Hammond becomes number 1, we've got a serious problem...

Hammond to me, is almost certainly going to be a one-hit wonder... However, I could end up eating my words (probably unlikely though).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad