The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - May 12th, 2023

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
MFW I think I've completed my max zonai battery charge but it turns out you can double it
The_Wind_Waker_Link_Goodbye.png

It's going to take me a long time before I actually do everything this game has to offer.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Agreed on the shrines. I also find Talus are light work when you can ascend through their head and just start wailing away on their health from on top of them without much risk of getting hurt.

This may just be a 'me' thing, but I actually preferred how BOTW was more difficult to explore. It's very easy in TOTK to find a rock falling from the sky, recall it, and suddenly you can glide nearly all the way to the next tower. There was definitely more of a sense of accomplishment in BOTW where you had to trek over vast expanses of land to uncover more of the map.
I can see that argument but creating machines to do the exploring, to me, is just so fun. Also, it's not as easy with exploring the sky islands. Some are easy to reach after jumping off a map tower but for others you need to actually use your brain to get to them.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
anyone figured out what to do with the lost woods yet?

Stumbled on it for the first time yesterday and i have no idea how to actually progress deeper into it. I assume given how much of a mystery it is, it's probably tied to the plot somehow so i decided to come back later.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I can see that argument but creating machines to do the exploring, to me, is just so fun. Also, it's not as easy with exploring the sky islands. Some are easy to reach after jumping off a map tower but for others you need to actually use your brain to get to them.

The shrine puzzles in the sky are pretty simple "go get this crystal and bring it back" but I've found it massively rewarding figuring out how to get from sky island to sky island to both get the object and how to transport it back.

Idk I've just really enjoyed all the puzzles that involve building. They aren't too tough, but I keep feeling clever as hell when I figure it out.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You maxed it? Man I only just got my second battery today.
I wanted to get my war machines fully operational :laugh: but yeah I guess there's a second bar per battery so more mining for me. Eventually. I'm burned out on the depths (and I still haven't fully mapped it)
The shrine puzzles in the sky are pretty simple "go get this crystal and bring it back" but I've found it massively rewarding figuring out how to get from sky island to sky island to both get the object and how to transport it back.

Idk I've just really enjoyed all the puzzles that involve building. They aren't too tough, but I keep feeling clever as hell when I figure it out.
Yeah that's the fun part. Building machines to actually traverse to harder to reach islands. Speaking of build puzzles in the shrines and creative problem solving, the last thing I did in tonight's session was a shrine on a sky island. I won't spoil the solution but it involves ice platforms and I assumed it involved creating a path for a ball to hit a target. I thought the ball might be on top of some elevated features so I spent way too long building a bridge and a ladder up to those platforms only to find out there was no ball and the solution was a lot simpler than I thought.

Sometimes the outside the box, not intended solution is counterproductive

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
This is another great thing about the game i think this thread shines a light on.

I've played pretty much every game in this series and have generally always been in it for the exploration (which this game has in spades.) Building for me? I see it really as nothing more than a means to an end. Get me from point A to point B.

Some of the crowd though? They want to build a god damn megazord and go punch Ganon in the dick with it. That's okay too.

This game is essentially the video game form of a creative exercise in English class. There's truly no wrong answer/wrong way to play it.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Yesterday I set out to get the remaining skyview towers and geoglyphs. I managed to do that and actually ended up stumbling upon the Master Sword while doing so.

Though it's looking like my story theory from however long ago is going to be wrong.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yesterday I set out to get the remaining skyview towers and geoglyphs. I managed to do that and actually ended up stumbling upon the Master Sword while doing so.

Though it's looking like my story theory from however long ago is going to be wrong.
That story took a wild ****ing twist that i guess i technically spoiled for myself since i found probably the biggest giveaway dragon tear first on chance lol.

Now the matter of recovering the master sword.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
That story took a wild ****ing twist that i guess i technically spoiled for myself since i found probably the biggest giveaway dragon tear first on chance lol.

I was wondering if the dragon tears were put in a specific sequence no matter when/where you found them. Guess not. :laugh:

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Question to those of you further along

So I am not terribly far along, have been doing mostly exploring and the shrines so far, but for the main questline I have the mission from Purah to go to the villages and investigate the local phenomenon and also the mission from Impa to find the geoglyphs, since both of these are part of the main "Find the Princess" questline, if I do one of them does the other one get cancelled out?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I was wondering if the dragon tears were put in a specific sequence no matter when/where you found them. Guess not. :laugh:
Nope. The only one that is in order is #1 since that kicks off the quest. Once actually on my own to find them, i found #15 next lmao.

Question to those of you further along

So I am not terribly far along, have been doing mostly exploring and the shrines so far, but for the main questline I have the mission from Purah to go to the villages and investigate the local phenomenon and also the mission from Impa to find the geoglyphs, since both of these are part of the main "Find the Princess" questline, if I do one of them does the other one get cancelled out?
Nope. You can do both. The geoglyphs actually open up something different and are apparently required for the true ending.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Lmao.

I checked my time played yesterday. 50 hours and I've barely touched the story content with all my zonaite/battery farming, exploring, and general dicking around.

Reactions: Andrei79

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I went skydiving in real life for the first time yesterday and waited until today to play it. Man what a game so far

speechless-happy.gif

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I did try the duplication glitch but it was too inconsistent or I suck at it. Would take 20 attempts to duplicate an item once. Farming crystallized charges isn't that hard. Fight bosses in the depths, they drop them, farm the zonaite deposits near them, get large zonaite, get more crystallized charges.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I really haven't felt the need to try and dupe items? I feel like I have a healthy supply of everything I need. I still have more zonaite then the cute robots can keep up with in exchangeable.

Truffles would be one thing, but I'm not minding having to be more mindful of my health compared to BOTW.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I found a few more last night and now I am fiending to find them all because shit is getting wild in those.

I still haven't actually seen the Master Sword yet.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I found a few more last night and now I am fiending to find them all because shit is getting wild in those.

I still haven't actually seen the Master Sword yet.

I love what they did with it. I found it right after my first main temple.

I can't say enough good things about this game.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
The story is something I actually care about too. I don't remember caring for BOTW's plot. Or many other Nintendo games for that matter.

This Hyrule feels lived in and not just a desolated field.

Question: Do those monster camps with the combined health bar come back after the blood moon?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad