OT: The last time the Leafs were in the playoffs

Jtabo

Sep 16, 2010
Greater Toronto Area
I was in grade 7 at the time. Still remember the day after, one of my friends was a Flyers fan and my teacher who was a huge leafs fan had made a bet with him. The loser had to wear the others team jersey for the next day after the series was over. I had to stare at a damn Jeremy Roenick flyers jersey the whole next day at school.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
On a similar note, here are some TV shows that ended that year:

Friends
Fraser
Angel
The Man Show
Ricki Lake
Becker
Sex and the City
The Drew Carey Show

You read that right. All these shows had their series finale in same year as the last Leafs playoff appearance.

Ricki Lake is back

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Last year of middle school, those were the glory days. Can't believe I went through my entire high school without playoff hockey. I'm graduating my undergrad soon, it's been long as hell.

Best memories were the conference finals run against carolina and buffalo. I still don't know how we lost to Carolina that year.

lordsithis

Jul 25, 2010
I was 12 years old the last time the Leafs were in the playoffs.

My step dad drove long distance tractor trailers back then and the odd time I'd go with him on 3-4 day trips.

We end up in Philly the night the Leafs played there. He asked if I wanted to go to a game. He planned this in advance as he secretly packed both of our Leafs jerseys.

We go into the arena and we see a woman in a nice blouse with a blue Maple Leafs pin.

My step dad gets talking to her, she sees me and asks if we'd like to stand in the Leafs bench during their warmup. I got fist bumped by Tie Domi and Tucker when they hit the ice, incredible moment. I was absolutely blown away.

The Leafs ended up losing that game, but it was one of the most memorable moments as a Leafs fan.

They gave out those hand towels that you wave in the air when a Philly goal is scored but I lost it over the years.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
No. Facebook wasn't even live yet, they were developing it still.

I think Twitter is about 5 years old now.

oh my goodness.

the three biggest social medias of facebook, twitter and youtube...
didn't exist.

the last time....

that just made me feel old.
:laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I have about 10 and i'm 27 :shakehead. Back then i was just meeting my future wife through a friend on a place called MSN(remember that lmao) Now I've got two sons who I can sit down watch the games with and a wife to nag that she has a show coming on, and wants the big screen. Lol I miss being a teen. :yo:

Fun fact: MSN was taken offline by Microsoft this past week.

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
youtube didn't exist? wow. mindblown. i thought it was always there...
(did google exist back then?)

Google did exist. Certainly not as "smart" a search engine (even though it was still the best among all search engines) and not as overbearing with all the nagging about connecting accounts, sharing private info, etc.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
I'm 25. It was slightly over 1/3 of my life ago. I was in Grade 11 at the time I believe. Since then, I finished high school, did 5 years of undergrad (switched programs), a year abroad, and now I'm in my 2nd year of graduate school. Seems like a lifetime ago. I've lived in like 5-6 different places since then, the vast majority of my friends I didn't know back then, but are now integral parts of my life, etc.

Trying to put myself in the mindset of who I was and where I was in my life at the time, it just seems absurd.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I was 10 years old the last time the Leafs made the playoffs, grade 4. 19 now and I'll have completed my first year of University by the time the playoffs start.

Damn, it's weird that I went through all of Middle and High School without the Leafs in the playoffs, almost a decade.

Grandpabuzz

Oct 13, 2003
Dallas, Texas
I was posting on here complaining about McCabe, especially after that blow-out game against Philly.

Otherwise I was in 10th grade and fat. Now I have a job and I'm not fat anymore. I also have a car. That's been pretty much all the change that's happened to me since then.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
How much did gas cost back then? Anyone remember that one day where Petro Canada or Esso had a sale for 40 cents a litre. Lineups were insane..

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
How much did gas cost back then? Anyone remember that one day where Petro Canada or Esso had a sale for 40 cents a litre. Lineups were insane..

I worked at a gas station around '02-'04 and the cheapest I recall was around 0.60-0.65. Probably averaged 0.75 during that time.

Around mid 2005 gas went over $1.00 for the first time IIRC

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
The Leafs made the playoffs in all four of my years in high school (how great did that work out, eh?).

I completed an undergraduate degree, got my professional accreditation, and am now in my second year at my law firm.

All since I last watched a Leaf playoff game.

:laugh:

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I was finishing up grade 7. Now, I'll be graduating with a University Honours Degree...

Except I won't be watching the playoffs this year... :( :cry:

I'll be working on a Remote Island off the coast of Nova Scotia as a field biologist :S

man you gotta find a way back to the main land for play off games and enjoy them at a nice ol maritime bar. Itl be a great atmosphere there.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
last time the leafs were in the play offs people weren't walking around with mini computers in their pocket.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Here are some popular songs that year:

The Reason by Hoobastank
Hey-Ya by Outkast
This Love by Maroon 5
Toxic by Britney Spears
Meant to Live by Switchfoot
One Thing by Finger Eleven
Are You Gonna Be My Girl by Jet

Some albums released that year:

Americain Idiot by Greenday
Hot Fuss by The Killers
Franz Ferdinand self titled album.
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb by U2
Confessions by Usher
Encore by Eminem

Man, ten years ago?!

Those songs really bring me back to high school (not that I liked any of them, but they were totally ubiquitous. I hate that Finger Eleven song with a passion).

anderson3133

Apr 14, 2010
Kitchener
I worked at a gas station around '02-'04 and the cheapest I recall was around 0.60-0.65. Probably averaged 0.75 during that time.

Around mid 2005 gas went over $1.00 for the first time IIRC

Unbelievable. I worked at a gas station during my high school years and I can't believe that it was in '05, I still remember people whining about our signs. I felt so old at the time and I was only 16ish.

Squiffy

Victims, rn't we all
Oct 21, 2006
Toronto
Was still living a party life, working in clubs. Two kids, a wife, few jobs, one hockey message board and an entirely different life ago.

Can't wait.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad