L.Johansen - C.Martin
R.Stadel - J.Gatenby
M.Wheaton

J.Whistle
J.Morrissey

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Ill be curious to see what they give up. Kelowna seems to always somehow load up on players and not really give up much. Its just for his rights cause technically he hasn't been sent back yet so I bet they don't give up much.

Similar situation when Portland acquired Mathew Dumbas rights and then Minnesota sent him back to join the Winterhawks. Portland gave up a below average 18 year old and 3 conditional 2nd round picks. There where a lot of conditions to those picks like for example it changes to a 3rd if he isn't returned by a certain date etc etc... So Ill be curious what they gave up to get him

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
"There's no change in his status. He's a member of the Edmonton Oilers right now." - GM MacTavish on Draisaitl, asked about WHL rights

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
"There's no change in his status. He's a member of the Edmonton Oilers right now." - GM MacTavish on Draisaitl, asked about WHL rights

Kelowna has 2 euros already on the roster. My guess is that a deal is done but everything is hush hush until Kris Schmidli is traded. Draisaitl being a euro complicates matters greatly.

Hordichuk_24

Kelowna has 2 euros already on the roster. My guess is that a deal is done but everything is hush hush until Kris Schmidli is traded. Draisaitl being a euro complicates matters greatly.

Unless Schmidli is part of the deal for Draisaitl. That would make things a lot easier and logical. Of course Prince Albert would have to move a euro. They can't trade Stransky so that would leave Andrlik.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Unless Schmidli is part of the deal for Draisaitl. That would make things a lot easier and logical. Of course Prince Albert would have to move a euro. They can't trade Stransky so that would leave Andrlik.

If they got Draisaitl, im sure they would have no problem what so ever just outright cutting a euro.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Prince Albert fans must be angry at the Oilers. They probably would've been favourites by now if Draisaitl was sent down a long time ago and still have him and Morrissey.

Kelowna is going to officially be more than unstoppable once Draisaitl is there.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Prince Albert fans must be angry at the Oilers. They probably would've been favourites by now if Draisaitl was sent down a long time ago and still have him and Morrissey.

Kelowna is going to officially be more than unstoppable once Draisaitl is there.

No they wouldn't. Not even close. One player isnt going to make the Raiders go from a team that wont likely make the playoffs to WHL favorites. They have had Morrissey for most of the year.

They may be in a playoff spot, but not anywhere near favorites.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012

The bolded statement is true... Not because they would have been favorites to win, but they would have gotten a HUGE return for Draisaitl at the deadline if Oilers sent him back before 9 games and he had played there all year. They are just trading his rights right now. Wont get nearly as much as they would have if he was in PA from the start this year.
I dont know if its true but the rumor I heard was Kelowna's Euro Schmidli and a pick(probably conditional). And they will then have to potentially cut(or trade if a team has room) one of their Euros to make room for this new Euro from Kelowna. So really PA is basically losing Draisaitl, Euro FOR Schmidli and a pick. Where as if Draisaitl was there playing already, PA probably would have gotten a young player(Gatenby? Dube? who knows), a top prospect(maybe Smart?) and a 1st atleast.

Last edited:

Hordichuk_24

I dont know if its true but the rumor I heard was Kelowna's Euro Schmidli and a pick(probably conditional). And they will then have to potentially cut(or trade if a team has room) one of their Euros to make room for this new Euro from Kelowna.

That's what I heard as well. I mentioned that scenario in another thread yesterday. The only european (currently on their roster) they can trade is Andrlik. Stransky being a first year player cannot be traded only released.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
No they wouldn't. Not even close. One player isnt going to make the Raiders go from a team that wont likely make the playoffs to WHL favorites. They have had Morrissey for most of the year.

They may be in a playoff spot, but not anywhere near favorites.

Well Prince Albert would've traded for centrepieces. Like probably Tristan Jarry in goal, Cole Ully, etc. But the team would be bad the following season.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
Well Prince Albert would've traded for centrepieces. Like probably Tristan Jarry in goal, Cole Ully, etc. But the team would be bad the following season.

The Oil Kings aren't trading for less than a year of Draisaitl in a down year, and aren't trading Jarry to a conference rival.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
I was talking the Raiders making trades, not the Oil Kings acquiring Draisaitl. You really misunderstood me here.

I didn't misunderstand anything.

The EOK aren't trading Jarry to a conference rival for less than Draisaitl, but getting him for less than half a year in a year they're battling just to make the playoffs makes no sense.

Hence, no Jarry for PA.

Last edited:

DudeWhereIsMakar

Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I didn't misunderstand anything.

The EOK aren't trading Jarry to a conference rival for less than Draisaitl, but getting him for less than half a year in a year they're battling just to make the playoffs makes no sense.

Hence, no Jarry for PA.

I'm talking if the team still had Morrissey and Edmonton sent down Draisaitl at the start of the year. Speculation.

BWK Fan 97

Apr 1, 2013
On The Prairies
The Wheat Kings do have a future star in Patrick but if they could up grade were they need it veteran defensemen to help Waltz and Roy. Provorov and Pilon are good offensive defensemen but we need shut down defensemen and maybe an upgrade in goal.

If the Wheat Kings could pull a big deal involving the Oil Kings and Jarry, Orban and Pollock. this would be a big time boost to the Wheat Kings playoff experience and help all parts of their game. It would be very hard to give up Papirny because he still has 2 more seasons left.

Pollock might be the hardest to pry away from Edmonton with a good chance he will be returned to the dub next season but Jarry and Orban will be done at the end of the year. Jarry will move on as a 20 year old and Orban is an overage player this year.

The Wheat Kings need to strength there defensive play, they can score with anyone in the dub. They lead the league in goals scored at 167 goals but there goals against at 118 is middle of the pack (10 of 22 teams have allowed less than 118 goals).

Are you out of your mind?????? Papirny has been nothing short of amazing this season and you want to get rid of him????? He has 2 more years with brandon after this and is very popular with both the players and the fans. Plus I think I'd take him over Jarry anyways. As far as I'm concerned Brandon needs another tough dman, but that's it (however getting Morgan Klimchuk is nice).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad