• Tyler Kleven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ryan O'Rourke

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
I think when were talking about the dmen that theres not a lot of separation between guys like Drysdale, Sanderson, and Guhle. These aren't super highend defencemen from what I've seen. Drysdale reminds me of Ryan Murray. Solid but doesn't do anything that wows you like a Hughes, Dahlin, or Reilly did. Sanderson is just a solid puck mover, but still not super flashy. Reminds me a bit of Hanifin in the way he plays the game. Although Hanifin was more dynamic. And Guhle isn't flashy either, but he's a big body who can skate and defend, with a bit of offence. I'd compare his game to Darnell Nurse at the same age. And for those asking for stats, they should look at how many points Nurse got at the same age as Guhle. In saying that any of them would be good picks at 14.

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
Between noon today and 5 pm mst ....a few deals likely go down that we learn at the draft.....and when they are announced ...a few more will happen....
This draft has potential to have the most movement ever in the first.....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Between noon today and 5 pm mst ....a few deals likely go down that we learn at the draft.....and when they are announced ...a few more will happen....
This draft has potential to have the most movement ever in the first.....
Or the least movement.
Could easily see teams doing nothing till free agency imo.

We normally see trades around noon eastern. And then maybe 1 or 2 at the draft and then some that night into the next day

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
define "good"

Well the two guys I see available at our picks out of the consensus top 13 are Lundell and Holtz. I think Jarvis and Quinn go higher.(Watched a bit of Quinn last night, kid has an unreal release)

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Ok chumps, lets see your work...

Who do you want the Oilers to draft?
Who do you think the Oilers draft?
Who do you think is a sleeper pick for the Oilers?

WANT
Lundell - I see very little talk of him perhaps because few see him dropping to the Oilers but this guy could be what Jordan Staal was to Crosby and Malkin. I feel like a player like this if he pans out does more to help a team win (especially a team like this with high end talent already) than a skilled winger.
Would also be very happy with Jarvis, Quinn or even Mercer.

WHO WILL THE OILERS DRAFT
Holloway - I have a feeling that Jarvis and Quinn will be taken before 14 and they take Holloway. He fits the mold they are looking for of big, fast and highly competitive. I'm not as down on him as some others are, I think this player in some ways would compliment McDavid better than the smaller skilled forwards because he'll win a lot of puck battles and crash the net with enough skill to keep up. He might not have the upside of some of the other players ranked around 14 but I could see him being a good fit on the Oilers to balance out the forward group. Wouldn't necessarily be happy with the pick but if the others are off the board, I wouldn't hate it.

SLEEPER
Amirov - Holland has never been shy about taking Russians and this kid has that high motor, competitiveness that they're looking for. Having a good start to the season should raise his stock.

WANT:

Seth Jarvis- He has a high compete level we sorely lacked in the play-offs. Reminds me of a more skill gallagher. His skating is superb and he has the hands to keep up with his feet. I could see Seth become one of the best players in the draft or at the very least a 50 point forward that is hard on pucks. If you watch the playoffs tampa was extremely good at retrieving pucks in the offensive zone. Jarvis has a nack for creating turnover and gaining possession of the puck.

WHO WILL THE OILERS DRAFT:

Dawson Mercer- kids doesn't get enough praise. Not the forward Id want here but I be willing to give it sometime. Hes such a complete player, and good at almost every thing. Has some sweet hands also. Making team canada at 18 year old isn't very easy either. There a reason why he made that team even though he had a limited roll.

SLEEPER:

Rodion Amirov. Why? Exactly what you said. Kid can flat out play.. darkhorse of the entire draft. Petterson like vibes

Reactions: McDoused

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
I think 1) Jarvis goes before we pick 2) Edmonton trades down at least once (probably with Chicago for their 2nd). I wonder if they'd also consider swapping places with Calgary then to get our 3rd back, and therefore our 2021 3rd as well.

My amateur mock/prediction:

1. NYR- Lafreniere
2. LAK- Byfield
3. OTT- Stutzle
4. DET- Perfetti
5. OTT- Drysdale
6. ANH- Raymond
7. NJD- Sanderson
8. BUF- Holtz
9. MIN- Askarov
10. WPG- Rossi
11. NSH- Quinn
12. FLA- Lundell
13. CAR- Jarvis
14. CHI (from EDM)- Bourque
15. TOR- O'Rourke
16. MON- Guhle
17. EDM (from CHI)- Amirov
18. NJD- Grans
19. CGY- Mercer
20. NJD- Peterka
21. CBJ- Holloway
22. NYR- Zary
23. PHI- Grieg
24. WAS- Schneider
25. COL- Brisson
26. STL- Perreault
27. ANH- Lapierre
28. OTT- Poirier
29. VGK- Mysak
30. DAL- Reichel
31. SJS- Akhtyamov

32. DET- Wallinder
33. OTT- Gunler
34. SJS- Khusnutdinov
35. LAK- Torgersson
36. ANH- Niederbach
37. NAS- Bordeleau
38. BUF- Foerster
39. MIN- Foudy
40. WIN- Barron
41. CAR- Powell
42. NAS- Niemelä
43. FLA- Weisblatt
44. TOR- Neighbors
45. DET- Cuylle
46. EDM (from Chi)- Mukhamadullin

Amirov is self-explanatory I think- high-end skill, looks like a young Panarin out there. I want that kind of talent on McDavid's line.

Regarding the second pick, I don't see Holland and Wright passing on a big smooth-skating defender based on how much they seem to want one even with Nurse, Klefbom, and now Broberg on the way. If Mukhamadullin is still on the board in the 40s, I think they jump for him.

If we stay put and Jarvis falls after all, that's probably the pick. Should be a fun night either way.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
If Quinn and Jarvis go before we pick, I would be trying to trade back and add a 2nd+

If there isn’t a trade back play then I’d be happy with any of Mercer, Amirov, Reichel. Anyone other then that at 14 and I’d be disappointed.

ImmuneEH

Apr 2, 2017
Holloway. Would have preferred Mercer personally, but I have Holloway ahead of Zary.

I definitely have Holloway in that 'cautiously optimistic' category. Lets hope he shows us more of what he has next season when he gets more responsibility.

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
meh
Bold - Called it

Top 15 Prediction Mock Draft

1. Rangers - Alexis Lafrenière
2. Kings - Quinton Byfield
3. Senators - Tim Stützle
4. Red Wings - Lucas Raymond
5. Senators - Yaroslav Askarov (off by 6)
6. Ducks - Marco Rossi (off by 3)
7. Devils - Jamie Drysdale (off by 1)
8. Sabres - Anton Lundell (off by 4)
9. Wild - Cole Perfetti (off by 1)
10. Jets - Jake Sanderson (off by 5)
11. Predators - Jack Quinn (off by 3)
12. Panthers - Alexander Holtz (off by 5)
13. Hurricanes - Seth Jarvis
14. Oilers - Dawson Mercer - (Missed)
15. Maple Leafs - Braden Schneider - (Missed)

Reactions: DropTheGloves

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
4ennn5.jpg

So glad we went with Holloway and not Guhle.

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
My amateur mock/prediction:

1. NYR- Lafreniere
2. LAK- Byfield
3. OTT- Stutzle

4. DET- Perfetti +5
5. OTT- Drysdale +1
6. ANH- Raymond -2
7. NJD- Sanderson -2
8. BUF- Holtz -1
9. MIN- Askarov -2
10. WPG- Rossi -1
11. NSH- Quinn -3
12. FLA- Lundell
13. CAR- Jarvis

14. CHI (from EDM)- Bourque +13
15. TOR- O'Rourke +24
16. MON- Guhle
17. EDM (from CHI)- Amirov +2
18. NJD- Grans +17
19. CGY- Mercer -1
20. NJD- Peterka +14
21. CBJ- Holloway +7
22. NYR- Zary -2
23. PHI- Grieg -5
24. WAS- Schneider +5
25. COL- Brisson -4
26. STL- Perreault -1
27. ANH- Lapierre +5
28. OTT- Poirier +44
29. VGK- Mysak +19
30. DAL- Reichel -13
31. SJS- Akhtyamov +75

32. DET- Wallinder

Six in the first round and seven in the top 32. I also got Mysak to the right team but a round too early. :laugh:

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Lundell is up to 19 points in 14 games in the Liiga.

Not bad for having no offensive upside. :naughty:
To be fair, 10 of those 19 points come from two games against pretty awful teams. Still impressive though, and apparently his skating has improved.

I know this thread is off by a year, but I just had to post this ridiculous Kirby Dach assist in Canada's WJC camp. Wow.

Reactions: Zaddy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad