The Jets next regional/local TV Contract - What will it be worth?

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
If they move to SN, they'd need to hire someone to call the 82 games a year. I agree that Sportsnet has been awful, but maybe they hire someone decent (including maybe Beyak, who has been excellent, IMO)?

On the plus side, if they move to SN, I can cancel my cable and just get NHL centre ice, or whatever its called.

DowntownBooster

Jun 21, 2011
Winnipeg
I wonder if TSN does lose the TV broadcast rights to Sportsnet that there's a chance the radio rights will also be lost to another station such as CJOB.

:jets

Cato

Apr 22, 2019
Is it actually a smaller market than Ottawa though? The Jets get all of Manitoba, plus (some? all? of) Saskatchewan, plus some of northern Ontario. Ottawa would be squeezed out on both sides by the Leafs and Habs.

Maybe there's an upside to being in the middle of nowhere?
Most of Ottawa cheers for either the Leafs or the Habs. True Senators fans are pretty rare. When you go to a game there with either of those teams visiting it is far worse than at MTS. Really bad. Its hard to cheer for the Senators - bad owner, arena in the middle of nowhere, constant drama (bad). I would think the Jets rights are more valuable as the geographic area is much bigger.

Reactions: GNP

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad