The Injury Thread, '23-24 Edition - Samuelsson (UBI, surgery, done for year), Girgensons (Ill, D2D), Bryson (eye), Power (face)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

I absolutely despise how this coaching staff/franchise is so maddeningly vague when it comes to injury. Like, c'mon. I get that you don't want to tip off opposing players that a guy's knee is injured........but hell, at least be honest with timelines.

Or at least give us an "I don't know", instead of "he's day to day" and "It's nagging"

Deep Blue Metallic

Bo knows hockey.
Mar 5, 2021
I absolutely despise how this coaching staff/franchise is so maddeningly vague when it comes to injury. Like, c'mon. I get that you don't want to tip off opposing players that a guy's knee is injured........but hell, at least be honest with timelines.

Or at least give us an "I don't know", instead of "he's day to day" and "It's nagging"
Hopefully we don't next hear "week-to-week".

Reactions: jd1970

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
just posted (link was broken):
We have recalled goaltender Devin Cooley from the Rochester Americans.

Comrie update from anyone?

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Pure speculation - I wonder if they’re playing a game with Benson and Savoie. Don’t want to send them down and don’t want to burn a year. So they’re extending it as long as possible. I assume we see a 9 game try out here for Savoie.
Benson gets healthy right around when Savoie's 14 days are up, Savoie (who is playing well in ROC) comes up and gets 9, Benson does 2 weeks in ROC, mix in a couple healthy scratches and WJs and boom, Quinn is back.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Benson gets healthy right around when Savoie's 14 days are up, Savoie (who is playing well in ROC) comes up and gets 9, Benson does 2 weeks in ROC, mix in a couple healthy scratches and WJs and boom, Quinn is back.
I don't think Quinn is that close. When asked if he was skating, Granato's remarks made it seem he has not yet begun any type of significant on-ice training. I'm sure he's doing what he can, but he really needs to get back on the ice and start from square one.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't think Quinn is that close. When asked if he was skating, Granato's remarks made it seem he has not yet begun any type of significant on-ice training. I'm sure he's doing what he can, but he really needs to get back on the ice and start from square one.
No doubt a couple more months. I'm guessing early to mid January. Maybe the 2 kids don't make it that far but it fills a gap for a month and a halfish. At that point maybe you get a mid season Kulich up for a few games and a better read on Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad