Pre-Game Talk: The "Im Not Going to Watch Dunc 2 In Theatres Because Its Too Long and I Dont Want To Sit There For Almost 3 Hours" Thread

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Are we talking about Dunc 2 or Dune 2?
Dump 1.

of the day.

post coffee

Kings style of play should be illegal
We have way more skill than they have.

We just have to be more patient.

Krispy Kreme is coming to Edmonton!! :thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:
I worked at a krispy kreme as a teenager, and it took me years to touch one of their donuts, the whole parking lot smelled like it and it was disgusting to me after a certain point.

With that said, their donuts are miles better than tim's now.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Early playoff preview. Tyler’s thoughts

Oilers have the offensive advantage. Just like the last two years I think this goes 6 or 7 games if we play them come playoffs. The Kings are a strong team and have a good defense. They are tough and can match up well with anybody. I’m looking forward to tomorrow game. Will show us what we are made of!!

Anyway. Now on to real businwss

Anyone else think I kind of resemble Wesley Snipes? I’m hoping so… my wife seems to find him attractive
1711604569063.jpeg

Reactions: bellagiobob

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

Oilers have the offensive advantage. Just like the last two years I think this goes 6 or 7 games if we play them come playoffs. The Kings are a strong team and have a good defense. They are tough and can match up well with anybody. I’m looking forward to tomorrow game. Will show us what we are made of!!

Anyone else think I kind of resemble Wesley Snipes? I’m hoping so… my wife seems to find him attractive
View attachment 842469
I can see some similarities, like you both have similar shoes. That's about it. ;)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kings style of play should be illegal
It’s not sustainable because it requires basically perfect hockey. As soon as it opens up even a little they are absolutely screwed and can’t keep up. I couldn’t imagine cheering for a team who is so boring. It’s not 2013 anymore. Get out of here with that dinosaur version of hockey. Lol

Reactions: Satoru Gojo

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
I really hope we beat the s*** out of these guys physically and on the score board. We will almost certainly have to face them again in the playoffs. Time to make a statement!

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
It’s not sustainable because it requires basically perfect hockey. As soon as it opens up even a little they are absolutely screwed and can’t keep up. I couldn’t imagine cheering for a team who is so boring. It’s not 2013 anymore. Get out of here with that dinosaur version of hockey. Lol

It's definitely a functional style that is also heavily dependent on matchup. We are just lucky to have a lineup that is speedy and explosive enough to break it.

A lot of teams don't have much in that specific regards.

PositiveCashFlow

Snowmen fall to earth unassembled
Jul 10, 2007

View attachment 842469
You bench with boxing gloves on?

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
No forechecking is such a joke. Loved even when they were down in games in the playoffs and they still wouldn't leave the 1-3-1. I used to say f*** McLellan but some posters on here have said that's a Blake directive. So f*** you, Rob Blake. Horrible system and horrible for the game.
They played similar under Sutter, It's more of an organizational thing at this point

Reactions: TB12

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
If we give up the 1st goal it’s pretty much over. LA will go into their 1-3-1 shell. Take it to them early and we blow them out of the water.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Has anyone watched all 3 extended edition Lord of the Rings back to back to back? Nearly 12 hours of pure heaven. But man does the home theater smell bad after that.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Comfortable chairs in a movie theatre is such a dumb idea for people who are parents. I just fall asleep in them regardless whether the movie is good or not.

My dad would be over watching golf in our home theater chairs which are super comfy recliners and he’d be sound asleep within 15 minutes.

Reactions: bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I would argue that if you have kids a 3 hour uninterrupted sleep in a comfortable chair is worth the admission.
Very true. I used to enjoy the nap when we went to childish movies that the kids wanted to see. They are a bit older now so the movies they pick, I'm actually somewhat interested in. Slept through an hour of the most recent Spider Man movie when we went to it.

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
LA doesn’t scare me at all. I think they are a worse team now then the version we faced last year.

The key to beating their system is just remaining patient. Can’t fall into their trap and give up chances cheating for offense. Stay in your structure and trust that your skill will eventually overpower theirs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad